Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > General Health
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Oct-21-16, 15:51
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 196/196/196 Female 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 6%
Cool [B]Fatty Liver Disease[/B]

If you suffer Fatty Liver Disease, either NAFLD (non-alcoholic fatty liver disease), it can be very dangerous. It can lead to Cancer, NASH (Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis)and cause a huge health problem possibly leading to a Liver Transplant. if you are overweight, you may be suffering this disease. Overweight children suffer it, so you are not immune as an adult. There are a huge amount of symptoms relating to this, don't ignore them. I suffer this myself and I'm addressing it. I have purchased Dr Sandra Cabot's Books to help and guide me with great results. I have lost 13kg slowly as I put nutrition ahead of calorie counting. I'm on a Paleo Diet because I was recently diagnosed as Hypothyroid (Hashimoto's). I'm not on any Thyroid medication as I researched it to death when my blood tests showed a high TSH and addressed with proper diet and I've reversed things. My Thyroid Antibodies are low and my TSH is back down to 1.5. I have seven of Dr Sandra Cabot's Books on Thyroid, Fatty Liver Disease, Losing Weight etc and I swear by them.
Sadly this serious disease is often not addressed by Doctors and it makes losing weight and keeping good health almost impossible. I'm not a huge fan of taking drugs, so if I can reverse a health issue with proper diet, I will. I have found my Doctor of very little use to me and I've come to the conclusion that Doctors don't want you well, because they only make money when you're sick. I've researched everything myself and I also discovered Gluten was a huge problem for me. I'm not Coeliac, by I am hypersensitive.
Read this page and take the Liver Check Test. it's very informative.
https://www.liverdoctor.com/liver/s...f-liver-damage/

Last edited by Shawin : Fri, Oct-21-16 at 15:53. Reason: Highlighting
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Oct-22-16, 09:39

Plan: HFLC/IF
Stats: 218/176/140 Female 5'4"
BF:27%
Progress: 54%

How do you find out if the FLD has improved?
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Oct-25-16, 10:31
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 196/196/196 Female 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 6%

Two ways. You will feel better. Chronic Fatigue will no longer be with you, indigestion will be a thing of the past, you will lose weight more easily and secondly, you can request a Liver scan from your Doctor. They say it can take 1 year to 3 years to reverse.
Livers love raw vegetables and fruit. Apparently you need to have some raw vegetables every day. Starting the day with either lemon juice in water or cider vinegar in water is also good. The sour taste stimulates the liver into releasing fat. If you have fatty liver, it will not be functioning properly and you will be constipated to a degree. They say if your liver does release fat and you are constipated it will circulate in your system and go back to the liver. The trick is to expel it. To do this, you have to up your fibre. I take 1 tbsp Psyllium Husks in water three times a day before meals and its working for me. I have a salad with meat twice a day and I make my own Creamy Avocado Dressing to go with it (not low calorie). I'm feeling really well.