Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Sep-01-05, 12:26
empress of fashion

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Tried this for a month. Did nothing.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Sep-05-05, 02:08

Plan: Less talk, More action
Stats: 175/130/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
I wonder how many of the posters who originally claimed miraculous losses on it are doing now? Still taking it? At goal?

Quote:
There are many long-time members who haven't, number-wise, made goal yet whose advice I would take any day over someone who has coasted to goal in a few months. Simple reason? They share MY journey and would have answers to my questions where someone who's never had my particular struggles. There's a whole perspective they share that can only come from being in the same boat. If they say they've tried x, y, and z and share that with me, it can give me some insight into why I might be struggling and what I might want to try.

Potato..everyone tries things for different reasons in their journey to lose weight..for some things work, for others it doesn't.
Because they may not yet be at goal, yet did find success when using a particular thing, is no reason to dismiss the product.
We each have to find what works for us.
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Sep-05-05, 10:37
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

I was asking that because I wonder how many people have taken it long-term and found it a viable tool for helping them reach their goal.
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Sep-05-05, 12:37
Call me Magic

Plan: atkins
Stats: 238/194/160 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 56%

Potato - I too tried it based on the 'testimonials' of many here -- it was an expensive and unsuccessful experiment. I have to agree with you --- many who touted it's benefits have gained weight and I have to wonder, if it was so magical then why not now?
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Sep-05-05, 13:17
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

I haven't gone digging to investigate further on whether they've geined or lost. I was just putting out a general call to hear from them and let us know if it kept working for them. As I said, I tried it myself, and I certainly don't put any of the responsibility for my choice on anyone but me (I know a few felt before they were being accused of "pushing") since it's only natural to be excited when you think you've found something that's finally going to HELP. I just wanted to know if it helped achieve what they were hoping for, whether it stopped working, whether something else they tried was really what helped... or even if they just don't KNOW if it really helped. So we can all gather enough information about it to help us decide if it may or may not be worth giving another shot.

Who knows what caused it to stop or what other factors there might be involved if a person gained after going off it, stayed the same, or continued losing. I'd even like to know if it was worth it for the mood benefits many reported. That would certainly be a boon to some...