Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-03, 23:30

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 390/367/200 Female 5"4
BF:s-66 C-64.4
Progress: 12%
Default Hello to all and i do really do need you guys help!

.!! Hello Everyone,

My name is Nykky and i have been reading and learning everyday about this support groups. I read a little and say in my mind one day that could be me one day i could be free >So i just made it up in my mind about 4 months ago i was going to do something about this weight thing. I was going to be in charge of me. So about a month and a half i went to my doc. He said that all my test came back fine and in margine.He said that he would try me on a no card and sugar diet. Well i been on for the month and a half i lost 15lb but my head hurts all the time.Today i went out to get the low carb way of life the book that is and i'm so excited to get started with this. I'm looking forward to some people that no the hard of the hardest to give me all of the advise they can give me a check up on me and see if i'm a live b/c i tell you potato chips and a pepsi was the bomb and my body might not make it !!!!! You guy Please, pray for me and check up on me if you desire so, and have some power pebbles that you think i could use to bet this first jar of shock out of me that I'm going threw.DO you guy think i could be going threw some sort of body shock . I look forward in hearing from you guys. My start weight was 390lb and my current weight is 375lb and my long time goal is to be 160-200 right now ! Thank you for sharing with me and allowing me to poor over you guys head Thank You so much!!!!!!!

Nykky

8-8-03 ~ 390lb
9-8-03 ~ 375lb
This is my right now weight!!!

HELP HELP HELP!!!!!!

Last edited by nykkystv7 : Sun, Sep-21-03 at 23:39.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-03, 23:38
CAD for life

Plan: Atkins/CAD
Stats: 193/163.5/125 Female 64 in
BF:
Progress: 43%

Hello and congratulations on your weight loss so far that is awsome!!! You are probably having some carb withdraw I know that my head hurt when i was firts getting all those carbs out of my systems hang in there it should get better. I took excedrin to help...or tylenol.

Anyway wanted to stop and tell you how great you are doing so far and I'm glad you found us here this is a great place for support and advice.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-03, 23:44

Hi Rebacca,
Nice to meet you i wish someone would have shown me this years ago !!!1 It's hard if you think your alone but when you got someone you can chat with it make a world of a life differents!!! Thanks so much and feel free to drop in and make sure i'm in order LOL !!!!!

NYKKY

Last edited by nykkystv7 : Sun, Sep-21-03 at 23:46.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-03, 23:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 293/229/172 Male 5'11"
BF: Yes-VERY! %-)
Progress: 53%

Hi Nykky--

Congratulations on a great start, and welcome to the group.

Some of us have had bad headaches when we first started, because of caffeine and sugar addiction. If you are sensitive to caffeine, I would suggest you stick with plain aspirin for your headaches...excederin contains caffeine, and that's likely part of your problem.

Most of us have gotten past this in a few days. Just stay with your reduced carbohydrate eating, and you will find it gets easier as you go along.

I recommend the book "Dr. Atkins and the New Diet Revolution" (2002 edition or later) to help you understand some of the best ways to follow the low-carb way of eating. I think you will find many of the meals on this program can be quite tasty and filling.

Best wishes for your continued success.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Sep-23-03, 22:56

Hi Geo,

I'm so sorry it took me a minute to get back with you, and say thank you so much.I was out of town for two day and im just getting in tonite. I went to the doctor and he said that my blood pressure was up that why i had the headaches. I never had high "BP" however it was today.I really think i'm tring to hard and need to just relax and take my time. I want to see where it's coming off so bad i was about to make myself sick. I just told myself tonite i didn't put it on over night so i can't take it off over night. So i need to just slow down and let the change take it place and enjoy it. I'll go and get the book tomorrow and start reading so i can understand better. Thank you again i'll be chatting later. By the way i didn't gain or lose any so i guess it ok. Talk to you again shortly have a great day!

Nikki
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Sep-25-03, 06:24

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 328/237.4/182 Female 67 inches
BF:50+%/34%/20%
Progress: 62%

Hi Nikki,

I'll be rooting for you, here in beautiful Ontario, Canada! I also have a lot of weight to lose (315/296/151) and also worry whether I'll finally make it this time. But I decided that the pain and struggles of living life in the fat lane, is harder then any diet I have to follow! And once you settle into it, Atkins is actually pretty good.
Good luck!
Kathy