Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-02, 04:15

Plan: atkins
Stats: 170/170/137.5
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default help!

Hi everybody! I'm new here..so I will start giving you some information!
I'm at the 11th day of induction and I've lost only 2 lb (Ihave less than 20 to loose), but I lost 1 inche everywhere, I have no appetite and I'm feeling good! So I can't complain! I do also a lot of excercise..one hour and 20 of cycling everyday and gym twice a week., but I was doing it also before!
I would have liked to see the 'dramatic chancges' promised...but I didn't...So I'll ask you to help me to understand if it's normal or I'm doing something wrong!
one thing is..why induction allows you to have only 3-4 oz of cheese if a lot of them have 0.1g of carb per 100g???(0.03g per once!!!!) -european labeling-
I've been eating plenty of blue cheese, cheddar, brie..but then on the carb counter they seemed to be higher in carb..having almost the same amount of mozzarella!!!
Who should I trust? Can it be the reason of my slow going down??
I'm waiting for your advice....
Thanks!!!
Marilu'
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-02, 07:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

Welcome mariluna. I'll try to give a few answers.

You ARE "normal" . Just think, you have already lost 10% of your 20 pound goal! You will not see 'dramatic results" because you only have a small amout to lose.

Cheese is limited on induction because dairy is often a problem for people, causes stalls etc. I don't know whether it's the milk sugars, or protein allergy, or just because it's hard to limit yourself. There is a lot of sodium (salt) in most cheeses and that can affect water retention. I think it would be good to really follow Induction if you want the results.

The exercise is another thing. It's not as big a thing, as you have been doing it all along. However, if you have been on a low fat or low cal diet before, then your muscles are probably somewhat starved of protein and are grabbing all they can to make repairs and build themselves up. The fact that you have lost inches, shows that water and fat ARE leaving, but the scales won't change much because muscles weighs more than the vanished fat, even though it takes up less room on you. So you shrink but the scales stay still.

As for carb counts, I always assume there are more than I think, and that the higher numbers are right. Unless it's meat! You can use the carb counter - look in the right side margin of this page under "quick links". It will figure out things for you.

Anyway, I think you are normal & doing well.
BarB
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-02, 11:25

Plan: atkins
Stats: 170/170/137.5
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default thanks!!

Thanks a lot! You can't imagine how helpful you've been....You never know if you do not compare yourself with others...
I think I'll try another week of 'full indution' taking care of cheeses. It's not a big sacrifice..it's not at all! I'm not hungry! Never! And I can enjoy food I never could enjoy before!
I'll keep going, waiting for even better resalts! Thank u again!
Marilu'
ps sorry for the english..it's not my first language

pps Is still gelatine (with two tsp of cocoa) with a little bit of whipping cream (tot 4 carb) good for my breakfast?? I really can't stan eggs...