Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#3376   ^
Old Tue, Jan-16-07, 08:36

Plan: Weight loss surgery
Stats: 489/189/250 Male 6'5"
BF:mostly fat
Progress: 126%

mayo's fine any fat is ok
Sponsored Links
  #3377   ^
Old Tue, Jan-16-07, 08:56

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 162.8/158.4/140 Female 164cms
BF:
Progress: 19%

So when you say meat = any meat ( Chix, fish, turkey, tuna etc...) fats are ok aswell ? (oil, butter, mayo etcc..) anything else that can be taken, im really interested in trying this out for a week or so.
  #3378   ^
Old Tue, Jan-16-07, 09:55

Plan: VLC & Modified Lo Carb
Stats: 321.0/297/280 Female 69.5 inches
BF:way to high
Progress: 59%

Hello everyone. There is a pretty active thread regarding M&E in the challenge area. Many of us have been doing M&E for 6 months to a year or better. Pop over and say hi.
  #3379   ^
Old Wed, Jan-17-07, 07:01
Always Shining

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 363.3/332.6/145 Female 5'7"
BF:'fraid so...
Progress: 14%

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDHuntress
Hello everyone. There is a pretty active thread regarding M&E in the challenge area. Many of us have been doing M&E for 6 months to a year or better. Pop over and say hi.
Yes, AND the directions for following this, either as a WOE or as a fast, are in the first post of that thread. Good luck to all!
  #3380   ^
Old Wed, Jan-17-07, 20:37

Stats: 242.2/236.3/187 Male 173cm
BF:
Progress: 11%

I have only VERY recently found this 'spread' about meat and eggs and have read comprehensively on the net about pros and cons etc. Some things I find confusing or rather, contradictory.

Never the less, I am giving it a go. I am conscious of the side effects and have added some cabbage into my omelettes and soups.

I have found that the net carbs of 100gms of cooked cabbage are 2.56gms.

http://www.carb-counter.org/nutrition/11110

I have added a little onion and carrot too, but have yet to find the carb content of these.

I will post again with results after I have given the eating regime some time to take effect.

Cheers and good luck to all.

Paulee.
  #3381   ^
Old Thu, Jan-18-07, 20:12

BF:

Okay.....forget about onions, I was astonish to find just how high they are in carbs.
The poor old carrot doesn't do much better either.

Would ANYONE know of a site where I can find a list of carb friendly vegetables.

I am in Thailand and have never seen so many different vegetables in my life, but a list of carb friendlies would be great.

I have tried to find an Atkins book here too, but nothing is in stock, which is remarkable given that Bangkok is so large and has such a large expat community.

I will keep trying.

Anyway......ANY HELP with the carb friendly veges will be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Paulee.
  #3382   ^
Old Thu, Jan-18-07, 21:19
Registered Member

Plan: The Anabolic Diet
Stats: 245/241/165 Male 5.7
BF:enough
Progress: 5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by snookie
VJade..hello there! Yeah I guess mostly eggs and meat fast. Since the 20 Feb I had a break for couple days where I ate mostly meat and heaps vegies and then late one night I thought blow it.....had 2 easter eggs and piece of cake and dunno what else!!!!!!I actually didn't really enjoy it that much and I thought,Why did I do this!!?'so I got back on track after that two days........what made me continue with the fast was I have heard afew others have continued with it, and I love the weightloss ,and seeing I am feeling fine(heaps energy-I take a good multivite, and cellfood drops from health shop).
Heh you are looking good!!! I love this forum cos you get so much encouragement and advice. And of course it doesn't cost for weekly weigh-ins!!I really have to get right back down to 196 and then see how I feel and then might even try abit lower. I have the startings of arthritis in my ankle and very loose ligaments on one knee and it almost dislocates at times and very painful when this happens. So my plan is to lose all my weight and then go see orthopaedic team and maybe get my medial ligament tightened. I would love to be doing some sort of exercise on a regular basis but my knee hinders me.I did get abit sidetracked didn't I!!!
The 'fast' is great to get back ontrack and to kickstart every now and then.Some couldn't endure too long on it Iam sure. I don't want to be too hard on my body so that's why I thought xtra vegies at weekends would be good as I do miss them( and my fruit!!) Well i must be offnow,will check in again! Take care

Even though its an old post I wanted to high light what struck me. So true 100%. Thank god for this website. Ediets and all those other sites can keep their plans. I know that if I have a problem, need info or something or even just a little motivation that here is where I come! Thanks lowcarber.org!!!!
  #3383   ^
Old Fri, Jan-19-07, 04:23

Plan: Confused
Stats: 223/192.0/140 Female 5'
BF:
Progress: 37%
Default So far So good

I have just started my m/e on Wednesday. As of this morning I am down 1.5#. You just can't believe how excited I am about this. My weight never drops like this. I'll loose .5# a week if I'm lucky. Aways thought that I had to join the Turtle Club. Can't wait until tomorrow morning cause that will be the actual 3 days.
  #3384   ^
Old Fri, Jan-19-07, 06:42

Plan: VLC & Modified Lo Carb
Stats: 321.0/297/280 Female 69.5 inches
BF:way to high
Progress: 59%

Frannie welcome to the M&E whoosh fairy. Many of us felt like turtles until going VLC. Come visit the thread in Buddies & Challenges for more information and support.
  #3385   ^
Old Sun, Jan-21-07, 03:28

BF:

I must of blown my m/e. Yesterday I had a sip of soda an approx 10 pcs of pepperoni. So this morning my scale didn't show any weight difference. OK, I've learned my leason. Guess I have to start over.
  #3386   ^
Old Sun, Jan-21-07, 06:23

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulee
Would ANYONE know of a site where I can find a list of carb friendly vegetables.

I am in Thailand and have never seen so many different vegetables in my life, but a list of carb friendlies would be great.

Paulee.

This list at www.atkins.com contains a large number of veggies that are low carb (even induction) friendly.
  #3387   ^
Old Sun, Jan-21-07, 22:58

BF:
Default Thankyou

Lisa N.

Thankyou ever so much for the 'list'.

I have tried the Meet and Eggs 'induction' for the past 6 days, well I am actually on day eight now.

However I did the M&E with a little vege's, ie cabbage, onion and carrot and I am HAPPY to say that I weighed myself yesterday and am down 2.5kgs, or 5.5 pounds in 6 days.

That is with absolutely NO exercise, due to an injury and influenza.

So, thanks to all and I will keep focussed. I am trying to get hold of an appropriate Atkins or South Beach book, but they do not have anything in stock in Bangkok....quite surprising actually.

Thanks again and cheers to all.

Paulee.
  #3388   ^
Old Mon, Jan-29-07, 03:12

BF:
Default What's The Go.

I've been doing M&E for about 2 weeks now and whilst I DID have the flu for which I took antibiotics, I find myself with flu symptoms, headache and lethargy.

Is this all symptomatic of the M&E or should I look for another possible cause.

Sorry to bother, I am just rushed off my damn feet and currently unable to get time to 'search' for the answer.

here's hoping someone can give me a quick fix answer.

Cheers for now.

Paulee.
  #3389   ^
Old Mon, Jan-29-07, 07:20

BF:

Sounds like it from your flu not the diet. I'm no expert but I've been doing m/e since 1/18 and I've had no side effects at all. Infact I feel better.

Hope you get over the flu soon.
  #3390   ^
Old Mon, Jan-29-07, 16:13

Plan: Trying CAD
Stats: 183/162.8/120 Female 4'11"
BF:
Progress: 32%

I feel alil more tired the past 4 days of M&E;s, but all in all I think its from the flu you have/had. I hope the tiredness goes away and the energy kicks in soon.
Closed Thread