Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-17-02, 10:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 270/224/195
BF:
Progress: 61%
Default Trainer Dan- I have a unique question for you.

Trainer D,

I hurt my shoulder back in October; I have worked with mild pain since then and didnt realize the problem it was casuing until the otehr day. My left pec and triceps are much more devloped than my right( bad shoulder). What can I do to catch the right back up. I worked out with chest on ?Friday and the funny thing is my left side is sore and my right is fine. It seems I work my left more intensely than right I assume casued by the shoulder. please let me know how I can remedy this. thanks, DOn

Also, if you remember I asked you about a plateau a while ago. Well, I am still on it but I cahnged from teh atkins to the zone and feel so much better. Maybe it is over I am done 1 pound and actually when I switched I gained 4 pounds, I assume water from the glucose, and lost all that plus 1. maybe I am off it. Do you like the zone?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Mar-20-02, 07:33

Plan: Zone
Stats: 255/242/230 Male 75 inches (6'3")
BF:21%/15%/8%
Progress: 52%

Quote:
What can I do to catch the right back up?

After your normal sets of chest/triceps/shoulders, do some isolation work for your lagging/weak side.

Do right-arm only chest presses in a machine, or right-arm only military presses (again, machine). Overload the right side this way, and the muscles will adapt.

Of course, you will need to cut the weight at least in half for the single-side work.

I like the Zone ... ... but I have to adapt the calorie levels to my needs. I feel that Dr. Sears has calories set too low, but that's just my way of thinking.

I use a modified Zone as a bridge between my bulking phases, just before I run a CKD.