Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Best Of
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Nov-19-01, 22:57

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 160/154/130
BF:
Progress: 20%
Smile Hi

Hi Tinakaye,

Thank you for sharing that awe inspiring story. I'm more motivated now than before!

DesertRose
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Nov-21-01, 10:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/185/160 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 64%

Wow! That was a wonderful motivator. Especially when we realize that our mental attitude is most important. I know for myself, part of it is wanting to please other people. that becomes so overwhelming. Thanksgiving is coming tomorrow. I am going to print out your letter and reread it until it gets through. The only person I have to be true to is myself. i don't need to worry about hurting someone's feelings because I didn't try their concoctions. I just need to remember that I want to be thin for me and that's first. thanks so much. Chris
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Nov-23-01, 17:11

Stats: 285/252/180 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%

Tina ... awesome .. thanks for sharing with us...

Inspires me to continue ... and reach my goal weight... be the person I really feel I am in my heart... but seem to cover up with protection... I know for me as I lose weight I also go through a lot of different emotions... not always related to anything go on at the time.. but more of a release of stored energy in my body.. past stuff. Usually anger or sadness... I just let myself.. 'feel' it for the first time.. then I walk away thinner... physically and emotionally....

Cheers to us all!!!!
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Nov-30-01, 10:49
Registered Member

Stats: 218/198/140
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default Tina,

Thank you for your post. It's as a lightbulb just went on!! LOL Really, your words make PERFECT sense!! My mind is reeling now with thoughts, thank you.
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Nov-30-01, 12:00
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/low sodium/no sugar!
Stats: 155/140/130
BF:
Progress: 60%

Hi Tina,

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us. I'm re-starting this email so many times, here goes! I am a carbohydrate addict/compulsive overeater. Just because I've found a solution to the binging I used to do by eliminating the foods that are triggers for me, I still need to write in my journal regularly. I also have found that checking my motives behind my actions helpful as well as turning over anger, resentment and fears. Those emotions can lead me right back to an extra portion of anything. I also have found that getting stronger physically with regular cardio/resistance training gives me a trememdous emotional boost. I have more confidence that I did when I was younger, that's for sure. Thanks so much for sharing, I'm new to this forum, and your story is very inspirational! You have indicated that you are from Ohio, so am I. Who knows, maybe we are neighbors! I'd welcome a chat with you via email. You can reach me at janflorence10~hotmail.

jan

It's an inside job. One day at a time.
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Dec-01-01, 14:59

Stats: 73/58/57
BF:
Progress: 94%
Thumbs up Thanks Tina

Interesting reading. And I agree - it is all about loving yourself ... being aware of why I am eating and accepting that I am okay as I am but might be better if I eat food only to nourish my physical self ... and find other ways to nourish my soul and my emotions.

Take care.
  #22   ^
Old Sat, Jun-21-03, 08:09
Registered Member

Plan: Neanderthin
Stats: 250/243.8/121
BF:
Progress: 5%
Default Just to say...

Thank You for taking the time to type out this post. Its something that I need to read now at 242lbs but also hopefully when I near goal. Its a "must keep"

You look gorgeous so of course you're a role model.

xx
  #23   ^
Old Sat, Apr-10-04, 20:30

Plan: common sense
Stats: 318/290/250 Male 74 inches
BF:
Progress:

That was an insightful writing.

I think that many people know more about nutrition and what it takes to lose weight than thin people – but perhaps we don’t have emotional or some type of maturity to achieve AND maintain weight loss. I have just made corrections to my life and find that that being at a ‘proper’ weight just seems right – and am going for it with a vengeance. How could I have let other people (issues) get me off balance? I’ve raised my two abused teen-age daughters by myself (and them).
How could I have allowed myself to not be “empowered” to control my weight? That is a crazy question, but I think it is one that affects a lot of our lives. We just need to figure out what is the excuse or rationalization is that debilitates us. Now I’m angry – I’m not angry but I’m annoyed at myself. Each day is a new challenge. So much weight and responsibility rests between our ears.

Martin
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Feb-04-10, 16:56

Stats: 225/190.5/150 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 46%

Thanks Tina I sure hope you are doing well after all these years but thanks for such an insightful post. Wish I had read it years ago.
Bump.