Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Jun-26-07, 00:11
Every moment is NOW.

Plan: LC (ketogenic)
Stats: 520/381/280 Female 66 inches
BF: Why yes it is.
Progress: 58%
Default "Vibration" Exercise

No. ... This is not what you're thinking.

When I was a little girl, in the paleolithic era aka late 1960s, life was... odd. I have some of the STRANGEST memories from that time. And no, I am not talking about aliens.

There was, for example, the contraption my mother and aunt and their friends seemed to consider as basic to life as "putting on their face" was to each day.

It had a platform, and you stood on it, and it had a tall stand at one side, out of which came this soft but huge material "belt" that you put around your waist.

Then you turned it on and it ViBrAtEdYoUrMoLeCuLeS for however long.

As a child, I could not imagine a more terrific machine. This was like the ponies and a merry go round and jumping on the bed all in one.

They would never let me use the damn thing. I think it had something to do with the fact that I was so short I would only have been able to vibrate my head. Which sounded equally cool to me, but you know how mothers are.

I sometimes get this stuff called "blue-green algae", which is exactly what it sounds like, and in the best case comes in a bottle you refrigerate, with a dropper you use to place liquid under your tongue. The liquid tastes like some disgustingly vile slime that grows at the bottom of lakes.

Oh wait. Well that's pretty much what it is.

I like the stuff though. (Hmmmn. Maybe they DID let me vibrate my head.) Not for the taste. I had a friend who used to sell it see. He sent it to me as a sample, and I used it solely because he asked me to, and realized after several days that I had significantly more energy than usual. Well later when I ran out I didn't use it again. A few years later a friend gave me some more and one day I realized I had significantly more energy, then realized it was after several days of taking this, and remembered it had been like that before -- and so, suffice to say, I developed some respect for the product.

So today I got an email newsletter from the Klamath company about a sale, and on the page with the sale stuff, they had advertised this exercise machine.

Now, this may be the most brilliant technology in the world, especially if it doesn't require major motion (for hugely obese people that's a big deal); I do isometric style "holds" in some exercises because I just can't do the actual exercise, for example.

But I couldn't help but see it as a new version of the machine that vibrates you, except this time it's working on your whole body. Which TOTALLY CRACKED ME UP.

For a MERE few THOUSAND dollars (darn, there goes my Elliptical plans!), you can get the Noblerex K1 Whole Body Vibration Machine!

The page of info is here:
http://www.noblerex-k1.com/index.htm
Sponsored Links