Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#916   ^
Old Wed, Jun-23-21, 05:31

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori enjoy your new construction adventure

Sounds like they are sure gonna do it full speed so that helps

glad you got sun....we have 2 great big sun days here til possible rain again so I am gonna enjoy them also.

Nicco.....so recommendations are enjoy your PB game and baby that ankle area if needed.....don't pay bills, flip the finger at them and say you guys are not getting my money HAHA, enjoy all your delish cooking , and super glad you are on track and feeling fine!

yea kiddo is coming. she wants out of the house too.....thank goodness she goes full time back to school in Aug. You know I can't wait and actually she said she can't wait....she is super bored...time to re-enter life now.

Jazz hope you are feeling better.

what is prime day? I have no idea what that is LOL

------------today is rv pack
fry up alot of sausage patties to freeze and eat in the early AM
get crap handled and set up to leave around here

the usual

all good and nothing doing mostly other than trip work

omg can't wait to leave....hope weather is decent, not as hot as I would like but beggars can't be choosers I guess HA
Sponsored Links
  #917   ^
Old Wed, Jun-23-21, 06:25

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning!

I feel SO much better. I was pretty tired last night after work. I just didn't feel it yesterday. Between the rain, back to work, and puppy training I was in bed by 830. Thankfully pup let me sleep. He is a good sleeper, but his limit is 6:00 and he has to go out. That was almost 9 hours though.

Trig- I have travel envy. I know you are going to have great time. I can't remember if you are taking DD either? You leave out tomorrow?
How many hours to get there? Does the hubby love it as much as you? He must!

Nic- Your preplanning and venue sounds amazing! That is the way to roll! Everything accounted for! Do you eat lot of beef?

Glad things are just in line for you right now and life is good!
Very fun about pickle ball!

Lori- I know if the sun is out you are golfing! Enjoy your game today. do you cook on days you play? Speaking of- You still loving Freshly?
----------------------------------------------
I am up 2 pounds? Don't know why. I will say I have noticed that when I eat beef I tend to hold more water weight.

That is something I was thinking about today. I am slacking in the water dept. I need to really boot it up a bit!

Ok- off to work- hard getting motivated.
  #918   ^
Old Thu, Jun-24-21, 04:31

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Big machines outside by 5AM. They thankfully stopped about 9:30 last night, so we were able to get a good night's sleep. They have some nice sunny days coming up, so hopefully they'll get a lot done and not have to work overnight during the project. It is far enough away from our house so that it's not too annoying. We can certainly hear it, but you kind of get used to it. Even Gabby seems to be ok for the most part.

Back to the golf course this morning. I had a good round yesterday with some really good shots. Of course, there are always the "stinkers", but the good shots keep you coming back.

Trig.......have a wonderful trip. I have lost track of when you're leaving, but I think it's soon.

Jaz...Glad the pup is a good sleeper even if he does need to get up early. Maybe you'll come to love early mornings like I do.

You asked about Freshly.....yes, I still enjoy it. I only get 4 meals a week just to supplement my cooking. That way when I make something for DH that I don't want to eat, I have a back up meal for me. I cancelled this week since we're not getting mail delivery with the road closure.

Nic....How did PB go the other day? Hope you had fun. Are the cicadas finally gone? We have not seen any and I hope we don't. Ugh.

---------

A big dust up at DH's part-time job. Yesterday the board of directors voted to fire the Director, who was DH's boss and in charge of all financial matters. I have no idea what is going to happen and who is going to take care of everything. DH is kind of twirling. I reminded him that he can quit anytime if things get too stressful. I'm just glad that I got out of the situation last year. If I was still working there part-time, I would be in the middle of the mess with all kinds of extra work piled on me. No thank you!

Time for another cuppa and to dig something up for breakfast. Have good days!
  #919   ^
Old Thu, Jun-24-21, 04:54

BF:

Lori, sorry for your DH....I get it he wants no dust ups just a fun part time job he can rely on not to change.....hopefully not much will effect his end of it!!

Glad your construction isn't too bad and at least they stopped for the night....but they put in a long day....they really seem to want to get that handled fast....good for you they are so efficient on it all tho.

Jazz, your 2 lbs is nothing truly. That is a normal flux and just keep eating your good food plan and don't worry about it.....key is the overall trend is down

Sounds like your pup is settling into a good routine now. You guys will be jivving real good on your own little schedule sooner than later.

Nicco...hope all is good and you are kicking back and taking life easy

-------today is hit grocery for some items to take camping

finish off rv pack

get house handled and we leave tomorrow morning.

omgosh it took forever for this trip to get here LOL I so need a change of scenery before I go bonkers.

weather is EH....whole trip is saying scattered Tstorms thru all the days, which at the beach might not be bad. alot of rain never happens so we shall see but I hoping for some decent hot days but even that doesn't seem normal hot. only like 83-85 which I will just have to live with.

actually been quite a cool time at my home...not nice swim weather at all....hope that flips soon. being older I tell ya I can't take colder swim water LOL I need that water warmer for sure!

ok all be good.....when I arrive at the beach I am bringing laptop so will do a check in.
  #920   ^
Old Thu, Jun-24-21, 06:09

BF:

Good Morning!

Lori- It is amazing what type of noice we adjust to in quick fashion. I am sorta chuckling because when they are done and gone you will say it's TOO quiet! HAHAHA

Ick ick and more ICK with back stabbing work place corporate bullsh!T. I just hate it! I feel for your poor husband! I never wanna be in that environment. I can just tolerate the work from home crap myself. I am SO ready to retire it is not funny.
So your DH might want to give it a thought! Or maybe he could get a "fun" gig like Trigs Hubby did. I dunno- all that crap is just so hard to deal with. You give somebody an once of power and boom!

Oh......have fun with your game today! I might look into Freshly if they have a Keto option. I am so picky though. I am a pretty simple eater.

Trig- Girl I hear the excitement in your writing! The beach ANYTIME is the place to be! I am really having beach withdrawals myself. It has been 3 weeks. About the rain on the beach..... "they" say rain everyday. But it isn't RAIN ALL day. It is those sunshine days...... afternoon storms- boom- rain- sun is back out. It cracks me up.
Are ya taking the kiddo?

Nic- HIYA!!!! Update- I know your days are just right!!!!!!
---------------------------------------------
When I tell ya all I just want to retire that is the truth. I have a cake job but I am STILL tethered to a desk and chair 8 hours a day - 9-530. I am "clocked" for 2 15 min breaks and a 30 minute lunch. I have been hand slapped for being 3 minutes late.

Granted I am in yoga pants or shorts......... But chained to a desk all the same. I am grateful for the job and income. I need to change my tude. I am just tired of working. I want to be in a place to really enjoy life. I want to be back in St. Simons and hit up the beach every morning.

One day that is going to happen. Just not yet...........

Kids are growing up- sweet pics coming that they are starting swim classes. My "Lil Bit" will be starting pre K full time in the fall and my DD is going back into teaching. All great stuff!!!

Well- one last cup of coffee- one last pup walk then I need to plug in.

Food- not sure. I need to go to the store.
I will think of something. I am thinking crab, Fish - seafood.

Later gators!
  #921   ^
Old Thu, Jun-24-21, 06:50

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey all! Catching up here, no good reason for being gone, just puttering around.

Trig- YAY for your trip tomorrow! Excited and happy for you. Also nice that you know your Mom is in good hands with your brother too. Those temps to me sound amazing for the beach but I know you like it hotter! I agree that it has been cool for swimming. I've been in the pool only once so far but that was partly bc of cicadas.

Speaking of, they are pretty much gone now so I can enjoy the deck, grilling, walking outside again etc now. Lovely! It was a long six weeks, I tell ya!

Jaz- Agree with Trig about normal weight fluctuations although I also know it is absolutely as annoying as heck. Sounds like things are going great with Ruger. Glad to hear that you all are settling into your own little pattern of life. You have my sympathy with 2 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch, timed. I would entirely lose my crap. I am restless to a fault and so I have always had jobs that allow a lot of movement. I could not manage that concierge job, as much as I liked the people and environment. I could not sit like that.

Lori- Very glad that the road noise and work doesn't seem to be as bad as you were expecting. That is really good news. You will have to let us know what is going on with your Dh's work as you know. Things like that are very unsettling! Have fun golfing- hopefully another successful day!

•••••••••

All is well here. Dh is traveling for work, DS19 is working or off, depending on the day. DS22 is still in NC and coming back on Saturday. He comes in and DS19 goes out for 11 days. Revolving door!

I'm doing well- on plan, getting some movement in, some cooking in, some reading in. Well balanced for now!

Jaz- I most definitely eat meat/beef, some weeks are very beef heavy. This just happens to be a chicken heavy week!
  #922   ^
Old Fri, Jun-25-21, 04:28

BF:

Good Morning!

Just a quick check-in. I was going to take off from golf today, but I got invited to play with a group and couldn't resist. My shoulder has been giving me absolute fits, but I keep going. I'll take a handful of Advil before I go. Tomorrow I'm playing in a tournament at a different course, so no break in sight.

I guess there's a problem with the "big dig" project out front. Great, just great.....sigh. They stopped work early last night and are just starting to show up this morning and it's 6:30. Some engineering issues according to what DH was told by some of the workers. All I know is that I am sick of the big equipment and mess.

Have a good Friday everyone.......make it a good day!

Safe travels Trig!!

#923   ^
Old Fri, Jun-25-21, 05:18

BF:

Fast one guys

bringing laptop on beach trip so will check in eventually

off in a bit....getting it all handled and off we go.

EVERYONE BE GOOD and will check in later with ya'll.
  #924   ^
Old Fri, Jun-25-21, 06:58

BF:

Lori- please please don't overdo! If you hurt your shoulder you won't be playing at all. That being said, have fun. I hope the hold up doesn't last long with the construction.

Trig- Have a WONDERFUL trip! Looking forward to hearing from you!

Jaz- Meant to say yesterday, love the pics of the kidlets. A fine looking pair and you can tell they are happy and loved. What is your DD planning to teach?

All is well here. Last day of sharing a car with DS19- DS22 has had the car in NC for two weeks. I'll drop him off at work today so I can have it if I need it.

I am planning a decadent crab legs lunch for today and then leftovers for dinner. DH comes back home tmrw from Austin, and DS22 comes home tmrw as well. Back to a full house for a day, then DS19 leaves for 11 days on Sunday.

Played pickleball yesterday. I did Meh. Not as well as I would have liked. Oh well. New day, every day!
  #925   ^
Old Fri, Jun-25-21, 16:26

BF:

Hey- FRIDAY- 630- yeah it took that long! Ended up talking to a care giver of a Downs syndrome gal. Dam- Gosh bless the caregivers- life long endeavor.

Anyway..... head out tomorrow for Atlanta. Spending the weekend to see friends and have dinner with mom and then hit up a few placesI get stuff...ie trader Joes....... ect..... then Dr. Appt Monday and heading back.
Strorms in forecast- urghhhhhhhhhh

TRIG- Hope you are in and settled and enjoying an adult beverage beach side!!!!!!!

NIC- Glad to see your post and to know things are moving at a level pace and all is well. Sounds like you got everything under control. Moving as everything should. You are such a planner though- a few people in and out- ZIP nothing.
Is your pool up and useful?

Lori- how was your game today? I feel like I can only say so much about gold because I truly know so little about it. I am so happy though it is a spot that does so well for you! I don't need to know the small stuff other than GOOD LUCK at tourney tomorrow!!!!!
------------------------------------
not much tonight-heading out tomorrow- see above!
OK on WOE-

Just end of week tired,,,,,,,,,, nothing much..... will fall asleep watching Shark tank- FAV show.

Check in tomorrow
  #926   ^
Old Sat, Jun-26-21, 07:27

BF:

Wait, what? I'm first? Am I in some alternate reality? It's almost 9:30!

Jaz- safe travels to ATL. Where are you staying while you are there? I hope everything goes smoothly!

Yes, pool is up and running and now that the cicadas are gone I have been able to use the outdoors again! Walks, sitting on the deck... I went in the pool once before the temp drop but now it is coming back up again so I will be out there.

Today I'll be taking it easy. Doing some reading and just chilling. Tomorrow is pickleball. I'm thinking of trying a water exercise class at the Y on Monday at 10, just to see how I like it.

DS22 will be home today! I can't believe he is officially moving out in three weeks time. That is crazy. I mean, not to a dorm but to, like, LIVE.
  #927   ^
Old Sat, Jun-26-21, 15:08

BF:

got here. Dot...... good travel sans the speeding ticket!!!!!
My gift to the roads and men in Blue for the year-

Chat tomorrow.

Settleing in- Pup did well- brought his crate

Hope all well.
  #928   ^
Old Sat, Jun-26-21, 18:56

BF:

Can't believe I forgot to post this morning! I had to meet my friend at 7:15 this morning to head to the golf tournament. We both struggled with our game at a strange course, but we had fun anyway. Didn't win a darn thing.....not even a raffle prize!

They've just shut the big machines down for the night on the construction project, so I guess I can go to bed. It is nearly 9 after all!

Back to our golf course tomorrow. But first.....some sleep!
  #929   ^
Old Sun, Jun-27-21, 06:01

BF:

Jaz- Glad you got there safe and sound. I hope you have a nice trip!

Lori- Sorry you didn't win anything but glad you had a good time playing.

Trig- Have a great trip and check in if you can!

•••••••

Up early for me these days- DS19 came in as requested to wake us up and say goodbye this morning at 7 AM. I didn't feel comfortable going back to sleep so I got dressed and came down to see him off. He is off on a big vacation road trip! Feels odd to send him off with just three other 'kids' who are 18 and 19- his best guy friend, the guy friend's GF, and one other girl who is the bestie of the GF and attends T's college. Two guys, two gals. I hope they have an amazing time! I have extracted promises that they will make good choices and I hope that is the case. At some point you gotta trust and let them fly.

Fifteen minutes after DS19 left, DS22 walked in the door. LOL Back from his sleepover. We chatted briefly and then he was upstairs to get some sleep. In three weeks HE will be leaving again. Grand Central around here!

Pickleball at noon today for me. I tell ya, I feel so tired right this second! I bought some liquid magnesium bc my sleep has just been jacked up and it worked really well. I feel hung over/ sleepy this AM though so tonight I will take less of it. I'd like to take as little as possible and be able to sleep well. I just had to break this insomnia jag though.

Have a good day!
  #930   ^
Old Sun, Jun-27-21, 06:03

BF:

Nicco was the first poster? wow our thread is off off off HAHA
so cool

glad you got the outdoors again! cool DS22 is on his 'real own' love it, you prepared him fine!

Lori the maniac golfer, girl you would golf the world wouldn't you? Hubby tried that, went out of state to hunt and out of state to play 'certain golf' courses back in the day

Jazz, you don't need to pay no stinkin' speedin' ticket HAHA
sucks, they ain't as cheap as they used to be.
hope all is going well for you!!!

---------so hit the beach to metal detect this morn early.
dead detector. SOB and PIA and more cuss words. I think last week when I put in new batteries I was also customizing my ranges etc. on it and I think I left the damn thing on....drained new batteries to crap.....THAT BETTER be the issue.....switching to new batts in a while to detect tonight. if this thing has an issue I am gonna be massive pissed cause I left my second backup detector at home. ugh will see later when I change batts. wish me luck.

came off the beach and gonna not do batts just yet....later....my mind switches fast. I am a fast changer. hyper drive.......into bathing suit I go, get beach bag ready, rum drink in hand, yes at 8am, I am not shy to that ever HA and grab chair and sit out in the sun with my chair, drink and boogie board while hubby surf fishes.....kid, won't see her til 2 or so when she wakes up...still doing vampire hrs.

guys I don't live right and the universe tells me that ya know LOL nothing is ever f'ing easy....just simple....always a darn issue HAHA

oh well I can shrug it off cause I am at the beach

eating on plan, bought monster shrimp last night....2 lbs fresh off the boat and steamed in old bay to share and delish with my steak----I feel myself getting thinner, yea right LOL

bye