Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#751   ^
Old Fri, May-14-21, 18:40

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

shorty as Im soooooooo tired. such a long ....well. month. Today was first day I didn't wakeup crying or cry durning my day. played upbeat music .......work so busy... so many people not getting healthcare they need.

Im so tired ladies..... gotta sleep...till tomorrow
Sponsored Links
  #752   ^
Old Sat, May-15-21, 05:11

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Had a good sleep and I'm raring to go! It's not even 7 o'clock and I've already whipped up the chip dip that Betty loves and sent that off with DH to put in her fridge for her. Thank goodness for my mini chopper to do the peppers & onions! I have to make the base with gently cooking some beaten eggs with vinegar and sugar and then when it thickens, stir in softened cream cheese & butter. I make it once a week, so I don't even need to consult the recipe anymore!

Today my friend and I are going to a different golf course and the weather is looking fantastic! Woohoo! This place also has a great restaurant, so we'll be eating well after our round. It takes about a 1/2 hour to get there....not bad. We played with someone new yesterday at our course and it was not the best experience. This woman was scattered and never stopped talking. I tried not to show my annoyance, but I think she knew we were a bit put off. She just can't seem to stop talking, singing or just making some kind of noise. Weird. She said she has ADD and apologized for her actions. It was just not something we're used to during our golf. I did a lot of walking between holes just for some peace & quiet!

Jaz.....I hope you have some time to decompress this weekend. I know you'd like to get your stuff from the unit, but it sounds like you're making do with what you have at the moment. Hope you have time to get to know your new town this weekend.

Trig....Hope Mom got a good Dr. report. Have a good day with her today. You soon leave for the beach! Woohoo! How long does it take you to get to Myrtle Beach? I assume that's where you're going since you mentioned Broadway at the Beach. Fun!

Nic....I've been wondering if you were infested with Cicadas. Creepy! At least they aren't around for very long. Hope the boys don't have any side effects from the Vax.

Blue...thinking about you my friend. ((Hugs))

---------

Well, I have about an hour and a half till I have to get ready. Bermuda shorts today! Woohoo!!
  #753   ^
Old Sat, May-15-21, 05:41

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

fast one guys

packing rv and doing other stuff to gear up to get outta dodge on monday

all good....just doing my thing

Cardiologist reviewed it all and said mom is 'ok' at this point and to just come back in another 2 weeks for more bloodwork to make sure the 3 pills she is on are doing ok in here, this bloodwork again was perfect......then he said if the next bloodwork is good he doesn't need to see her for 6 months.

it is what it is....beginning of trouble but not huge trouble just yet I assume? being 93 who knows truthfully on it all but mom said one thing, she is now seeing her power go down. She truly recognizes her 'tiredness' is getting more prevalent. She said she just wants the couch and leave her alone.....yea I would understand that for sure with her age and this issue now. I told her do when she has energy, stop and nap and hit the couch when she doesn't have energy What else can one do?

Oh yea Lori....myrtle beach. 5 hr drive for us. Hitting up Apache Campground cause it has a big fishing pier out into the ocean that hubby wants to fish maybe....eh, just a diff. place vs the state parks we usually do.

ok....off to get stuff happening here
be good all
  #754   ^
Old Sat, May-15-21, 06:38

BF:

Good Morning Ladies!!!!!!

Trig- Myrtle Beach heh,,,,,, You are in my neck of the woods now! I am hitting up the beach today myself.
I know you and the hubby will find SOMETHING to do! The weather looking good for you!!!!!! Very cool.
I can see you in your beach chair, rum drink in hand, sun on your face!

Your mom is in good hands!!!! Between you and your Bro. Plus your mom is aware of what she needs! So all is as good can be! At 93, she is going better than some guppies in their 70's!!!!!

Lori- You had me cracking up over ADD lady just being chatty- and singing?????? Seriously? I have to be pretty liquored up to belt out the tunes!!!!! But then again you have seen that!
Hopefully you will have a nice and relaxing golf day! Very cool to try out a new course! Where are you going for lunch?

Look at you with getting Betty dip made. Does she LIVE on that stuff? Does she eat it with chips?????? Hell When I am her age I will eat what I want!

Nic- Are you with DS on your way home?!?!? So nice you were able to get some relax time exploring the Eastern sea board. I was happy I got a chance to do that. It was on my bucket list. I would love to get up to Maine and Vermont someday, especially in the Fall.
I think we are all going to get the Cicada swarm except Blue...

Hiya Blue- Updates
------------------------------------------------------------
Well- I have half my move lined up.
Here is the plan:
Rent a car here and drive to Duluth- drop off the car Across street from hotel.
Spend the night- rest up- go out to eat (meeting my mom for dinner)
Pick up a reserved Truck and meet the movers at the storage container load it up and drive it back here to new apt.
Next day movers will haul my furniture upstairs and I will be "in".
The only pice I need to put into place is finding movers who will work on Memorial Day. This process is a two day even as it is 300 miles and 5 hours each way. This is also the cheapest as it is less to rent a car then pay .99 per mile with a truck. That would be close to 400.00 each way.
What can go wrong?!?!?!?!?
All of this happens in 2 weeks, on the holiday weekend.

So this weekend- screams Savannah and Tybee.
Going to Tybee in a few hours. Packing up my beach chair, shorts and tank and I am off for the day to explore.
No time frame, no having to get back for anything. Just free to roam. It fees very strange to not be responsible for anyone, or pooch- just me. Free to roam- no time restraints. Very very strange.

I am ready finishing off my coffee and will toss on my flip flops and I am out and about. I will take some pics- so expect to come with me to explore.
I lived in Savannah for 6 months but was so busy working, and with pooch- I didn't "see" alot. I do remember Tybee though but it has been a long minute since I have been there.

Ok- lets roll!!!!!!!!!!
  #755   ^
Old Sat, May-15-21, 15:46

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Howdy ho, Chicks!

Today has been one of those perfect late spring days. I was sitting outside on the deck, and DH wandered out with me. Then DD and SoIL dropped by unexpectedly and came out on the deck as well. DS22 came out, and eventually DS19 came out and then his GF came by to pick him up and she dropped by to say Hi as well! We all sat out there, in some iteration or another, for about two hours. Just so pleasant and laid back. Weather was perfect. Sometimes the best times are the unplanned times.

Cicadas are here (Brood X, they come every 17 years and we are so very lucky to be at the epicenter (not!)) and we are all creeped out. I can send a picture if you want to see what they look like as they come out of their shells. By next week it will be VERY loud here. I've heard the decibel level of a jet airliner passing overhead.

Lori- I hope your golf went great today and you had the perfect weather that we did, alternating between sun and clouds. That person you golfed w/ yesterday sounds super annoying!

Trig- Overall it sounds like your Mom is holding her own, especially being 93. You have the Sib Team all over it which is great. Excited for you, going on your trip!

Jaz- Glad you have at least some of the moving parts nailed down for your move. Tybee looks lovely. I expected it to look more crowded than that on a Saturday.

Hugs to all!
  #756   ^
Old Sun, May-16-21, 03:51

BF:

Good Morning!

Man oh man.....I'm a tired girl and feeling so beat up. One more day of golf today and then finally a day off. Can't figure out why I'm doing this to myself....it's an addiction! Yesterday was a frustratingly slow day on the course. Everyone wants to be out there!

I ate so much yesterday and the scale is reflecting it. Must do better today. I do find that I need to eat during our round or else I get very "hangry" until we finish. Yesterday I just ate too much crap......body was not happy with it at all.

Jaz.....I hope your plans for the move work out. That's a lot of planning and $$! I loved your Tybee photos! We stayed at a B & B out there one time.....lovely!

Nic......Your day yesterday sounded wonderful. A day when everything just flows and feels perfect.....gotta love it. Now.....those Cicadas on the other hand.....ugh. Will they be noisy all night long or just during the day?

Trig....It sounds like Mom is holding her own. Doing a bit and then lying down a bit may just be her new normal.

I hope you can check in from the beach. Is your campsite right on the sand? You'll have such a fun & relaxing time. I can picture DD carrying your bags out the door and shoving you out too! Will she cook for herself while you're gone? Is she driving yet? I've lost track of her age and if she's started the driving thing yet. These kids are growing up!

----------

Coffee and a few hours of relaxing and then back to the course. We may have some rain showers later....hope we make it thru before it starts. Bye!
  #757   ^
Old Sun, May-16-21, 06:19

BF:

Good Morning.
Yesterday was a picture perfect day as well here. Today will be a repeat beautiful weather - then about Tue. we have a front blowing in.

It was great to get to the beach! I am thinking I need an umbrella/ some kind of beach tent. But first things first.
Hitting up St. Simons beach today and meeting my artist friend up there. It will be the last time I see here for a few months. She is coming back in Sept. and then staying 6 months!

NIC--urghhhhh on those cicadas. I remember them from Ohio. They are really gross. They hang on everything outside. The birds however will have a buffet!!!!!! All in the circle of life I guess!

How nice to have a wonderful Spring day outside! Are you going to open your pool this year? My DD has hers open already!!!!
Any new wedding plans happening? Did I miss the date? Are you dress shopping yet? Traditionally the moms wear blue. It sorta works that ways.

TRIG- You packed up and ready to roll? I know you are taking your steaks with you!!!! Yum -
Beach is waiting- come on over!!!!!! It's funny how each beach has their own "flavor". The beach here Tybee is more of a "Spring Break" type of beach. The beach on St. Simon is quiet and for retired and families.
Then the beach on Jeykell is just down right special. I will be interested to see how you are doing the beach. Does your campsite have beach access?????That would be very cool!!!!!

Lori- You are a gluten for punishment! I would be very sore. I find it amazing you find so many people to play with. However, I bet you could run up my 3 flights of stairs all day long and not get tired!
Good for you!!!!!!!!

Hiya Blue!!! - How ya doing?
--------------------------------------------------------
Well- Packing up to go to the North beach in St. Simons. It is truly one of the prettiest beaches I have ever seen. No it doesn't have sugar white sand- but the wildlife, birds, and silky sand, and dunes make it spectacular.

Thankfully I am only 1 hour and fifteen minutes away! I love being this close to beaches. Heck in Atlanta It would take me an hour just to get home from work each way!!!!!!!! So nothing........

Ok- Well I am still in the land of the living and need to get out in it and see what today will bring!
I am thinking my gal pal and I will not only hit up the beach, but the pool and possibly the outdoor cafe we went to several weeks ago.
They have all outdoor seating in a great spot under moss laden oak trees. It is just nice. They have a killer organic chicken, walnut curried salad. Not too heavy on the curry, just a hint. It's good and LC.

Ok gals- make it a good one!
---------------------------------------------------------
Edited: So my friend called to push beach day back a week as she is not feeling great! Better safe in these times. So.......... All the above will happen next Saturday.

So I guess today will be a Savannah exploring day. I am not wasting a sun filled day sitting in an empty apt feeling sorry for myself. I have to push past that for awhile as it is an effort. I am not "over" JUST A DOG. Yeah- someone said that to me.............. no cure for lack of empathy. You either have it or you don't.

So I will put on "walking" clothes...ie, shorts, tee, tennis shoes and going to explore Savannah. I will be our tour guide by the time you all get here. I will give myself a little pocket money to get myself something special. I am not a spender on just stuff that isn't needed. So I will just explore and have some fun!

Back later to report!!!!!!

Last edited by Jaz66 : Sun, May-16-21 at 06:53.
  #758   ^
Old Mon, May-17-21, 03:44

BF:

Good Morning!

A day off from the golf course..... Truth be told, if someone called me and asked me to play today, I'd be there. I figured something out with my swing and hit it much better yesterday. Anxious to work on it some more.

Jaz......your tramp around Savannah looked great! You will know all the best places for us all to go when we gather later this year. Hope you have good weather for your beach adventure next weekend.

Trig.....On the road again!!! I hope you have a fabulous time!

Nic.....Are the cicadas serenading you? I haven't heard anything much about them here....hoping they don't show up! How long will they be around?

Blue......What's up?

----------

Today I'm going to work on my front porch. I have yet to scrub it down this Spring. This includes windows, windowsills, porch furniture. It's a job, but it needs done. I always dread it, but love it when it's all finished.

Ok.....time to hit the ground running. I need to tighten up my eating/calorie count today as the weekend was a bit off the rails. Scale only up a couple pounds, but time to reel it in.

Have a great start to your week!
  #759   ^
Old Mon, May-17-21, 04:01

BF:

Off I go to the beach!

omg I SO NEED this trip. get the hell out of dodge and change of scenery.

hitting road in a bit....be good everyone, I will be but with some rum drinks thrown in there HA

chat up later
  #760   ^
Old Mon, May-17-21, 06:41

BF:

Hey everybody- It's a Monday and feels like a Monday. I loved having my time off. I would love to just have a part time gig- making full time wages!

Trig- I am jelly-3 full beach days! I KNOW you will have a great time. Weather should hold out for you too!!!!! Hope you took some sunscreen.
Send us a pick! Enjoy your chair, and sand, and water, and beverage!!!!

Lori- - house cleaning- urghhhhhhhh. Could you hire someone to just power wash everything? That pollen is awful. I washed my car and remembered it was white. hahahahah........
Look at you wanting to sharpen your swing!!!!!!
You should take a golf vacay! I know that Hilton Head has great courses!!!!!!!

Nic/ Blue- updates
-----------------------------------------------------------
Today is a work day. If feels like a Monday.
I went to the store yesterday so I have food for the week. Tonight is scallops and crab legs! I am craving crab!!!!!

Well- time for another cup of coffee.......... Then plug into the man. Hoping to get my walk in today! It's beautiful here again today- no rain until midweek.

later gators!!!!
  #761   ^
Old Mon, May-17-21, 07:33

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hello all-

Jaz, looks like you enjoyed your day in Savannah. Glad you got to do that and you have next weekend with your friend to look forward to as well.

Lori, that is great news about your swing. Hopefully you retain that when you play again on Tuesday. Sounds like you have a plan with the porch. I should probably give the deck a good sweeping today as well now that all the maple "helicopters" have finished dropping.

Trig, so excited for you!! I know you and the Chop will have such a nice time.

••••••••••••

Yesterday was a strange day. Mostly good. I binge watched Season 3 of Shrill on Hulu. I think that is the last season, and it just dropped. It wasn't as much as it sounds like- 8 shows at 30 minutes each, but still more than I usually watch in a day. I felt like my butt was permanently attached to the couch.

DH had a mini stress meltdown yesterday, bless him. He is NOT one who moves forward easily with technology and so changes really send him for a loop. His office is moving to paperless billing and DH is a paper FIEND. He prints out absolutely crazy amounts of stuff (which drives me INSANE! lol) and just prefers to work with paper 100% of the time. So anyway, he realizes there is a 2 hour training online about how to work the new system, and all his billing was due today. He just FREAKED. Bless him. He did make a recovery but didn't get it done. He'll have to work through it today in the office.

DS19 and DS22 are on their own schedules with DS19 of course being the worst bc he is a college boy out on break who hasn't secured summer employment yet. He keeps vampire hours, so I get texts at 1 or 2 AM asking how to do this or that. Of course I don't see them until the next morning. That is just when he is most productive. We don't really see him before at least 3 PM.

DS22 is doing a "cut" and so he is experimenting with reducing calories and carbs (mind you, he is 6' and still quite slender, just very muscular on his upper half) He has noted with some surprise that cutting sugar and carbs back has made a big difference in his stomach. Yep! (again, this kid is wearing a size 30 pants!)

He and DS19 went to the grocery last night pretty late, almost 9 PM, because DS22 wanted to make taco meat to have on hand. He was cooking it at 10 PM when I went to bed! They also ended up buying scallops bc they were on sale, so DS22 is making dinner tonight- scallops and asparagus. Whoo hoo! Plus leftover taco meat for all of us for Tuesday night as well. I can live with this!

Not too much going on this week. It is going to get hot, into the 80s, which I know is Jaz and Trig's happy spot. I pretty much top out at 80º but soon the pool will be opened anyway.

Going along, on track for the past handful of days and my body (obvs!) feels much better than it did when I was eating whatever I wanted. Shocker, right?
  #762   ^
Old Mon, May-17-21, 15:52

BF:

loved reading posts!

had rack of ribs and grilled shrimp for Linner

not sure on what to eat later.....SO tired.

beach is fab and will chat up better later with ya'll

6 now and want something small, eat out or cook, hmm...eat out again probably LOL
  #763   ^
Old Tue, May-18-21, 02:55

BF:

Good Morning!

Trig.....Thanks for checking in. Have a great beach day today!

Jaz....Hope your Monday workday went well. Did you get your walk in?

Nic....Did DH get his new billing system figured out? Technology can be a bugger. It is very hard for some people to give up paper records. Not me.....I do everything I can online. Hope it doesn't come back to bite me some day.

Nice that your boys are taking over some of the cooking. I'm sure there will be a bit of adjustment time with everyone there....especially with one of them keeping vampire hours.
-----------

I got a lot done around here yesterday. Front porch all scrubbed, a bunch of windows washed, curtains washed and rehung etc. etc. My golf partner cancelled on me for today, so I'm going to go play with the lady's group. Some of them can be real PITAs, but I want to play so I'll suck it up and deal with it.

Time for more coffee. Have good days!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Tue, May-18-21 at 04:49.
  #764   ^
Old Tue, May-18-21, 06:04

BF:

ribs and grilled shrimp from eating out.
Hubby loved eating my sides, all I needed was those tasty ribs and shrimp

Had to buy me a pair of sunglasses from the surf fish shop here....100 pairs of sunglasses at home and I forget to bring one pair with me LOL I hate that!!!

off to metal detect, looking for Spanish Gold but probably get beer cans and pull tabs

LOL

have a great day guys
  #765   ^
Old Tue, May-18-21, 06:19

BF:

Just Tuesday?!?!?!?!?!?!?-

Nic- I really enjoyed reading your post! It can be like a novel at times. I can "see it" as you write it! A real gift!
I found it really amusing about your "boys"- wanting to cook and shop! Bonus- taco meat and scallops!!!!

So you will have a house full again through the summer? For some reason I thought DS22 was in NY. I dunno- your family is SO active.

I can feel for your hubby. I do NOT do well with tech change. Which honestly drives me nuts. Mostly it is...... don't laugh- TV remotes! I want one with 4 buttons, on/off/up/down- I would still have a DIAL TV if they made them in a flat screen model!
Of course this new TV has Alexa in it so I hit the button and just tell it what I want to watch. I said I would never have one in my house. I caved!!!!!

Don't know what to say about vampire hours. I am a in bed by 10 gal! The world can go to heck and I just don't care tucked in to my covers.

Lori- Whoot enjoy your day. I am not one to want to scrub the porch down, but I sure love it when it is done. Pretty and fresh! I bet you have the best farmhouse porch. Do you have a swing on it???

Do you ever take golf vacays? Does your hubby play too? Do you like watching it on TV?

Trig- - I know you are in your element!!!!!!! We could easy be roommates on the beach. Set up 2 chairs, and let the day commence. BBQ in the afternoon and drinks by the pool in the evening. Can't think of it any better!
Is the beach crowded with Spring Breakers? I guess it would be summer break now!
Dang where has time gone!???????? Is your kiddo out of school yet? What a funky year for these kids!

Blue- updates...... putting your dot down!
--------------------------------------------------------------
I picked up scallops yesterday too! I also picked up some fresh gulf shrimp and will have that for dinner tonight! So Nic- scallops on board! Yum- pretty excited about it!

Last night I had salmon and a side of crab legs/ 3 "batches". I just ripped into those like a dog with a bone! Really helped with that crab craving. But truly I could eat lobster and crab every day! I love Salmon too- but it has to be a med/rare- still juicy. Pop some lemon and lightly salt it- WHOA good!

I was missing my pooch last night and looking at the humane society of adoptable dogs. I was shocked by the amount of Pit-bulls dumped into shelters. I love dogs, but not that breed. I was also looking at Papillons too! Trig's- pooch is so adorable.
That being said I just don't think I can get another pooch that looks like Bella. It would not be fair to the next pup. It would always be compared to Bella- she is on a pedestal. There will never be another. I was just looking- not ready. But I am a dog person. I just can't see myself without one!
Bella found me- the next one will too.......

It's another beautiful day in the southeast. Truly, pretty here. I need to get out and meet people. I will say it has been a rough/raw month and it has been just exhausting. I am not just bouncing back from it all very fast. I know I need to put one foot in front of the other and take out my gratitude list.

I talked to a gal yesterday- only 32 years old. She is disabled due to diabetes and has already had open heart surgery with 32 stents. Her days are numbered. It really jolts me when I think about it, how really blessed with health I am (knocking on wood).
It goes back again to what we eat!!!!!-

Food either heals us/ or it hurts us. Not much in-between. It really is a message that needs to be shouted from the mountain tops! STOP eating junk! I will tell ya that call snapped my butt back to the reality of the damage food does if not used properly.
OK off my high horse.

Speaking of clean eating- I need to find the video I watched. It was so good. It again points to the science of keeping the blood sugar low! I will find it- so worth the watch.

Ok- off to work I go!!!!!