Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jun-30-01, 08:56

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Red face need weight loss tips?

Hi,
I new here to this site and I was wondering if anyone has any good tips that might help me to lose some weight? I was looking through the news paper and I came across this diet pill called quick slim and I was curious if anyone has tried it. If anyone could help me out I would appreciate it.
Thanks Brian
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jun-30-01, 10:46
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%
Smile hi Brian, welcome to our forum

Well, this is a lowcarb support site, so you will find plenty of information and tips for following a lowcarb program for weight loss. Never heard of those pills, and have no interest to know more about them. Most folks here find that eating real food - meats, vegetables, salads - drinking lots of fresh water and exercise are the surest ways to lose excess weight.

Take a look at our Tips articles by clicking on the red menu bar at the top of the page ... Look especially for Lowcarb Basics and Frequently Asked Questions. I'm sure you will find lots of answers there. Those articles will also give you lists of books and websites about the different low carbohydrate programs .. I suggest you start with Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution and/or Protein Power, by the Drs. Eades. You should be able to borrow these from your local library ..

Keep reading the posts on this message board too ... you will find questions and answers from real people who have chosen a lowcarb WOE (way of eating).

And post often, let us know how you're doing, and which program you choose. Look forward to reading more from you,

Doreen
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jun-30-01, 11:18
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hurray! Yipeeeee!

She's back!!!!

I've missed you a bunch!

Karen
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jun-30-01, 11:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 175/155/130
BF:
Progress:
Angry diet pills

Brian,

Don't do it!!! Diet pills are nothing but trouble! They are inherently dangerous (with ingredients like ephedra) and they might work short term, but in the long term the weight comes back (and then some).

There are a lot of diets out there. But the lo-carb diets aren't short-term diets. They are lifestyle changes which is why they work. I am on the Atkin's diet. So, I of course am biased. But there are a lot of other good programs out there. Read, read, read! Educate yourself about your body and nutrition. Don't be fooled by the FDA's food pyramid either! I have read a lot of diet books and have found a lot of good tips from different sources. I recommend Atkins (of course!), Protein Power, the Zone, and The Carbohydrate-addicts Program. They each contain some insight that the others don't.

But above all, EXERCISE! It is absolutely essential! Increasing muscle mass makes your metabolism skyrocket!

Good Luck!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jul-11-01, 08:34

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Smile Thanks!

Hi,
I had just checked my e-mail recently and noticed that I received a lot of helpful tips that worked for others. I will take some time to over look everything and I hope to absorb all this information, maybe this will make a big difference in my life. I'm a very open minded person.
A BIG Thanks to everyone who has been so helpful here.