Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#841   ^
Old Sat, Jun-05-21, 08:30

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi all!

Trig- I really don't think I will eat horse meat. I'm pretty open to things but that to me is similar to eating dog and I just won't do that. I could do something like guinea pig though!

I play pickleball with what I think of FONDLY in my head as "The Crips" and I put myself in that category. People who play to play and have fun, or have some physical limitation that keeps them from "going too hard." The rest of my family plays up and they play HARD.

Interesting about Kevin and his move toward eating more carnivore. Keto, Ketovore and Carnivore has definitely gained some traction, and on the other side Plant based is gaining heavy traction too. He sounds super super thin though. Hopefully he doesn't get too far over the edge- I know that can happen with some folks. My youngest is 6'3" and I think in the 160s and he is practically concave. DS22 is 6" and 185 but muscular. BTW I was lol'ing over you and your DH having a throw down over a ham!!

I think as hard as it is to plan but not plan, you will have to see how things unfold with your Mom as you go. The nice thing is that all three of you are plugged in and contributing.

Lori- That brisket sounds so delicious!! YUMMO!! DS22 and his buddies went to the Guinness Brewery last night.

Have a good golf today! Hopefully whatever cicadas you guys get in a couple of weeks are just the regular ones and not the big brood.

Jaz- Girl you are doing so good. You are just killing it with the job, unpacking, staying on track etc. I am so proud of you!!

Trig again- Scary about that beer reaction. Must have been too much for your body or something. YIKES!!

••••••••••••••

Yes, super excited about that trip and others coming up. I have a lot of travel coming, making up for lost time!
July- Beach with DH
August- Family trip to Mexico
Sept- Savannah and ATL to see Mom
Late Oct- Iceland and Ireland

I will be ready to hang for the holidays then, in Jan or Feb DH and I will go visit DS22 in NYC.

Today is my nephew's HS graduation luncheon. In my sugar free quest, I will have either very dry white wine or a whiskey and soda water on the rocks. No cake. Other than that I will just navigate as best I can. It is a seated luncheon with a set menu. Usually it is pretty traditional- salad, meat, veg, potato type deal.

So I'm almost chocolate collagen free in my coffee- I've weaned down over three days and today was a scant 1/4 scoop. So now it is just coffee and cream, and unflavored collagen starting tomorrow. I gave up the Super Creamer already. Baby stepping.

Played pickleball yesterday. Arms feel great, knees feel good, back feels good. Feet are whining a bit. Overall not bad! Next play day is Sunday.

We have hit the super hot weather- 90s for the next few days. The cicadas love the hot and sunny weather and are losing their freaking minds flying around. OMG UGH.
Sponsored Links
  #842   ^
Old Sat, Jun-05-21, 09:02

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Slept in this morning!

Trig- I am truly wondering if the gluten from the beer did it. You know you don't eat wheat- and beer is nothing but liquid wheat. No wonder you felt like crap. I don't like beer. Give me a rum drink any day, or a Chardonnay. Although lately I have been driving a Savioun Blanc with 1/2 calories and only 2 carbs per glass and I like it. Very dry and tart and refreshing for summer.

Stick with your rum! - Hey you doing your pool today????? So glad you had a great time with family!!!!!!!

Lori- Enjoy your game today!!!! OMG YUM girl on that brisket!!!!!

NIC- Updates!
-------------------------------
I woke up to an unpacked living room and kitchen. It almost (TRULY) looks like something out of a magizine pretty. I am SO SO happy with the way the main living area looks. Just the office left to unpack and that will be a day or less. Then I am DONE for a minute!!!!

Sitting out on the patio this morning sipping coffee. It is like a frekin SAUNA here. It kid you not it is 80 with 93% humidity and not even 10 am yet. Almost though. It feels like a Florida vacay!!!!!! Sitting here in the sauna sweating with my coffee- this is why I moved here. Tropical, tropical, tropical!!!!!!

I almost feel like I have stepped into someones else's life. It is so hard to describe. I have the perfect apt home now with absolutely no work to be done. No mowing, no power washing - maintenance free. Meaning at the drop of a hat I can go and do anything I want! No responsibility other than pay the bill. Add that to the fact I was stunned and how pretty it is!!!!!!!

I have the job I have always wanted. A true and true work from home. Granted it doesn't $$$ as well as being in the hospital. But I save two hours a day in travel, clothes expenses, gas and I love being home. Love being able to toss in a load of laundry or dinner prep on my breaks and be down with it. It gives me WAY more free time than having to travel an hour each way then doing house work and shopping and sucking up my weekend time. Truly work the small decrease in pay= priceless.

My son called me this morning. He said Ohio was nice today, but they don't have the humidity I have. So it is more of a dry heat. I was educating him on why we have moss dripped trees is because they are succelents and thrive on the humidity in the air.

Off to pack my beach bag and I am off to Jekyll today, prettiest of all beaches and so nice!

Thinking about getting some grilled grouper while there and calling it a day!

I am off - in swim suit and beach bag packed. I even found a little TRANSISTOR radio I put in new batteries for and a magizine for my bag!

Later gators!
  #843   ^
Old Sun, Jun-06-21, 04:37

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Sunny & hot, hot, hot today! This is what I waited all Winter for! There is a tournament at our golf course today, so 4 of us are going to a different course about 45 minutes away. It's a tough course and there won't be any good scoring today. No matter.....a day out getting some exercise and laughing with friends...can't beat it!

Jaz.....I'm so glad you love your new apartment and are close enough to the beach that you can just buzz out there and have yourself a fabulous day! It all sounds like a little slice of heaven to me.

Nic & Trig....hope you're having a fab weekend.

--------

I have to be at my friend's house at 7:30 this morning. She wants to stop for breakfast on the way. I'd rather just eat my normal breakfast at home, but I'll go with the group & it'll be fine.

Have good days!
  #844   ^
Old Sun, Jun-06-21, 05:02

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori, I am like you, I'd rather not stop and eat my normal food at home...but others so 'wanna eat out' and have fun doing just that and to me it just isn't a draw anymore....I feel you on that one!

Have a fab day playing...your new course sounds challenging! Hubby loved going to diff courses just to play new terrain....so have a blast! Let us know how your tournament comes out

Jazz, you are sitting pretty and don't you forget that LOL Your work doesn't have to pay mega dollars, it just has to suit you and pay the bills and have some leftover for trip money to the beach You truly sound like you are in a good head space....time to relax up a bit and settle into your new home situation and LIVE a more common day to day and get your routine going and just chill out.....sounds like you are right there ya know. Your day, your time without a ton of responsibility and commitment, hell yea that is a good place to be!

yea those beers killed me. I could barely move Jazz. I was so stiff and achey and it was horrible, like total inflamed entire body on the inside just hurting....nope, ain't doing that ever again LOL

Nicco, no horse but ok on a guinea pig? OMG TOO funny HAHA

your cicadas are our June bugs.....when the June bugs hit full force in their cycles they are like lear jets buzzing your head, pinging off the house and making that icky crack noise as they hit stuff and they are in everything! your hair, our cars, pool gets loaded up and man they are freaking insane, I feel ya on it!

enjoy your luncheon and let us know how you food navigate it and they serve liquor at a high school luncheon? damn, my kind of luncheon!!

*************all going well.
today is only 81 and partly cloudy. bleck. whole week is lower 80s and not that fab of a forecast, but oh well.

chillax day. do little this and that and see where the day goes.

got a Tbone for later. gonna incorporate more chicken in my meals and see if I like it enough to do that.

bought 2 big roasters on low sale, so cheap truly. Going to spatchcock and grill and see if it is something I could eat more of ya know.....then I got a nice Tbone for later too

all good, everything just chillin' around here
  #845   ^
Old Sun, Jun-06-21, 06:45

BF:

Good Morning all!

Lori- Yeah I get that on the smell of food first thing in the morning- ick....exception to that rule is bacon! I could smell that anytime. It is like smelling a bakery of meat! HAHAHAHAH- Have fun with your game!
I just think it's really cool we are getting back to "real life" ya know!
2020 and lockdown did something to us!!!! We will never forget it! So yea.....enjoy being out and about!

Nic- whoa on those bugs you can keep them. I think I would freak if one landed on me! I have such a inversion to bugs on me!

How was your luncheon?!?!?!?!- wine at a school lunch!!!! YES PLEASE! Sorta like when my daughter was playing softball EVERY weekend- sometimes double headers and it was about that time the dads would go to the cars and bring out a beer to watch.....

I was super excited to read your travel schedule - WOW!!!!!! talk about jumping in!!!! Truly making up for lost time!

Trig- is your pool up and running????? Yea I knew I would "get ya" with the beach pic....hahahahah- come on down! HAHA-

Yum on that brisket- did you chow it all down?
I have tried to cook chicken that way- then grill it. I just still don't like chicken or turkey. I don't know if it is the fact it is tasteless and dry or a texture thing. Just not into it - unless breaded and so fried up it doesn't taste like chicken!!!! HAHA

I need to go to the store today....... it will be interesting to see what I come up with. Have you tried short ribs?????? OMG they are SO good!

Hey Blue- did you make it to the pool?
--------------------------------------------------------------
I got SO MUCH SUN yesterday I need to stay out of it today. No pool no beach. Which if fine. I am going to run to the store, then hit up Walmart for a patio rug and chair set so I can truly enjoy my patio. Plus stuff is on sale. I am thinking a colorful rug- wicker chair, and a few plants. Maybe some twinkle lights. Depends on $$

I have some laundry t do and I AM going to empty the last few boxes in the office and take a car load to Goodwill. Then I can relax tonight.

Doing well on WOE!!!!!!!! IT is working for me. I am ever so slowly creeping down. It takes FOREVER to lose and a second to gain. SO I am keeping on keeping on!

OK all- enjoy today!!!!!
  #846   ^
Old Sun, Jun-06-21, 07:00

BF:

Hi All-

Quick check in as I have to leave in 45 minutes. Doing a breakfast with the other 2 Buy Nothing group Admins this morning, then off to pickleball at 12. I have a friend joining me who is new to pickleball. Back at 2 and then some other stuff to get done.

I will pop back on later this afternoon. Good to see everyone check in and that all is well with you all!
  #847   ^
Old Sun, Jun-06-21, 18:02

BF:

Good Evening!

A long, hot day on the course, but we had fun. Trig.....I was not playing in a tournament today, just playing with friends. The tournament was being held at our course, so we had to go elsewhere to play. We'll be back on our home course Tuesday, Wed, & Thursday.

Too much eating today, so have to rein it in tomorrow. Yikes! As much as I didn't want to go out for breakfast, it was delish. Started the day off right. Tomorrow I'll just be puttering around the house and baking another shortcake for DH & Betty to enjoy. I have to stay out of it! I had 1 piece and am going to try to make that it for this strawberry season.

Ok.....gonna be an early night for me. Sleep well!
  #848   ^
Old Mon, Jun-07-21, 04:47

BF:

Good Morning.....me again!

As predicted, the scale is up a couple pounds. No bueno! I already have my day of eating planned out on MyFitnessPal and will NOT go over my calorie/carb limit. Today's activity will be a Pahla B video at some point, plus basic puttering around the house doing laundry, a little baking and not much else. It's another hot day and then the temps will begin to moderate.

Off I go to get started on my puttering.....
  #849   ^
Old Mon, Jun-07-21, 05:27

BF:

Good Muggy Morning! Humid and sticky out. Feels like it just wants to rain.

Lori- I would be tired too to be playing gold out in the hot sun all day! I am amazed how much you love that game! It's a sport- I get it. Great work out! I have yet to see a obese true golfer.

Now I am not talking about the weekend boys club that get together for cigars and whisky tooling around in the cart!

Yea strawberry shortcake reminds me of what my grandmother made! Boy did she love strawberries!!!!! She would finish it off with cool whip- ahhhhhhhhh simpler times!
It will never taste as good as the memory!!!!!

Trig- did you grill yesterday??? Did you play in your pool???

Nic- I'm happy to hear you also found a sport you love! You sound like things are returning to normal!

Blue- time to pony up and chat-
---------------------------------------------------------------
So my DS and I chatted last night about vacays for this year. He spent 2 weeks with me in Feb. However the rest of his vacay time he wants to go to Gulf Shores and I don't.

It's funny now that I literally can sit on a beautiful beach every weekend I want to use my time differently! So I did say he was welcome to come here but he wants beach front. Sooooooooo
now I am thinking about the fall going someplace for a week. Thinking about lots of options as I can hop on a plane and not worry about anyone but me. So I am thinking...........
I am not ready to travel abroad alone......... but I would be ok with anywhere in USA.

So I have a car load of patio furniture I bought yesterday at Home goods.I have a new outdoor rug, 2 chairs, a wicker table and some cute "patio" decor. Not alot - cute toss pillows with a beach theme. I picked coral and lime green colors. Very playful and bright for the sitting area outside.
I am looking for a set of twinkle lights and I will be done- DONE!!! I truly have gotten rid of more than I have purchased and like the space. Rugs though can really make a statement in decorating!

Well- not much else shaking today. The start of another work week.

I am slated to get my 2nd shot next week, I am DREADING IT. I am truly dreading it. My DD and SIL and horrible reactions. My son has not gotten his, not sure if he will. But I truly am so conflicted about this entire vaccine anyway.
Now they are talking about needing boasters. - urghhhhhhhhhh I hate feeling bad. Crossing fingers that I can get though with just a sore arm. Just thinking about next week........... Can't wait to get past this entire mess.

Well need some more coffee and want to empty out my car before I need to plug in to work!
Oh- I still need to touch the office. I just didn't feel like it this weekend. My time off seems to fly by!

Speaking of time- gotta run!
  #850   ^
Old Mon, Jun-07-21, 06:05

BF:

fast one, have to get doggie ready to go and get his toenails cut...omg around 3AM I hear 'click click click' and him walking around on the wood floors in the hallway! Yes that loud! Of course my ears are trained for noise, being 'that person' I have bat ears and tuned into every noise in this house HAHA

back later to chat up!
  #851   ^
Old Mon, Jun-07-21, 07:36

BF:

OMG....I'm going to have to go to the golf course to rest tomorrow! It's 9:30AM and I've baked a shortcake and cleaned up the mess, done 3 loads of laundry, washed 4 huge windows inside and out in my upstairs and washed and hung new curtains in my exercise room. I'm freakin' exhausted! The only thing left is to hang the bathroom curtains back up once they are done tossing around in the dryer. I've earned my keep today!
  #852   ^
Old Mon, Jun-07-21, 07:51

BF:

Lori, darn that is too much, omg yes you need a golf day vacation to recover from that amt of work! And yes it is WORK...that nasty 4 letter word but send some cleaning mojo here to me, honestly I am SO OVER housework I could scream

Jazz, hope you do ok thru the shot....I ain't done one and AM NOT doing one...yes I am 'one of those' people and I don't care what others do, as long as I do me LOL You will be ok! I just saw the Pfizer vaccine is now linked to 'inflamed heart issues' among younger men......hmmm.....and so it begins??
But don't wanna do a big vaccine chat cause we all know it is what it is for each of us truly so no use going there in convo I think

Love you got your 'outdoor patio room' done! Enjoy it big time!

You are becoming me.....there isn't a time now that I put what others want for 'relax time and more' onto my life. I do me and what I need....yes I would walk thru hoops for my kiddo now, but when older, into her real adult years I told here she is to do her and I will do me and don't think she can bend me....and yea she gets it HAHA

Nicco, hope you didn't pickleball whip your friend on the court!

--------all good

dog nails done
got weighed and he lost a lb....whoop, key is to keep getting some lbs off him..ugh

hubby working car job
kid asleep

me, watching rain drops.

gonna cook up a few big country style pork spare ribs in a while.....precook for hubby to finish off later and just do mine to eat later.

food isn't a draw yet I am bloated as hell this morning. I took some sinus meds and hit the salt shaker on my burger and with the Ibuprofens from the other day with the beer drinking and all....yes the bloat hit me NOW, like a few days later....OMG the body is insane! Body and all just does what it wants when it wants..........always know that what you do today might take a few days to catch up with ya and I feel it all caught up with me.

ok over and out and be good all....off to do something....more chillax than work tho
  #853   ^
Old Mon, Jun-07-21, 17:39

BF:

Hi Everyone!

Trig- Ugh on the bloat. That does not feel good. It will run its course soon enough though. I have ribs on the docket for Thursday.

Lori- Girl, you make me feel like a slug! You are such a busy bee! You got a TON done today!

Jaz- Hot hot hot here too. Nasty hot- like WAY too hot. Today was in the upper 90s for us. It is supposed to drop some in another day or so and I'm glad!

Makes sense that you would not want to spend good $$ on a beach vacay when you have a beach right there. I wouldn't either! Have you been to Utah yet? Some of the prettiest scenery I have seen anywhere, and you will get all the temps from low to high going out there. One of my favorite places I have ever been. Canyonlands, Arches, Bryce Canyon and Zion.. I could easily spend another two weeks there on a second trip.

Your patio stuff sounds really nice. BTW many people have the second shot and do absolutely fine. Even the people who don't feel well usually feel better within 24-48 hours and it's absolutely bearable, especially if you take ibuprofen. I chose not to but if you did it would make a big difference I'm sure.

•••••••••••

Busy day today. Played pickleball again today and took the beginners clinic. Then went to the store for the week's shopping, came home and ate a super late lunch at 3, rested for 20 minutes, then started making some homemade chicken soup to nosh on during the week, and also started on dinner. I had bought some Wagyu ground beef from Costco and froze it, and then have been afraid to do anything with it. So I got brave and used two pounds to make burgers. Folks liked them, but we didn't rave over them. Still, they were fine and now I have beaten the fear curve. LOL Went up and took a cold-ish shower and now I am ready to kick back for the night.

MY friend who came to pickleball yesterday really loved it. Everyone I take just loves it. Plus we play with the nicest dang people you have ever seen and I just love them to bits. Just really good people, caring, fun and they inspire the crap out of me. Such good fun.

I am sore though. I played Friday, Sunday and Monday. I am definitely taking off tomorrow and then maybe I'll do only the clinic on Wednesday. He told me he wants me to play up to the intermediate clinic but I don't know.. we'll see. There's only one left after this week anyhow so it's neither here nor there.

Nothing going on tomorrow. The tendon on the outside of my right foot is squealing tonight bc I didn't ice it- I had errands to run after. Now I know better.

Okay, I'll write in tomorrow!
  #854   ^
Old Tue, Jun-08-21, 05:30

BF:

Good Morning!

I have a "short" morning as I didn't get up until after 6 o'clock! I got up at 3:30 to let the cat out and went back to bed. It took me a bit to get back to sleep, but I got a couple good hours early this morning. I heard the garbage truck at 4 o'clock and then I was out.

A warm & humid morning. We tee off at 9 this morning and won't be finished till around 1. A shower is going to feel heavenly when I get home.
-------

Jaz.....I love the sound of your patio area. This apartment sounds so perfect for you. A nice city and close to the beach....what more could you ask for? So glad you landed there. Hope work goes well this week.

Nic.....It's great that you have friends and family who enjoy PB as much as you do. I used to go by myself and try to find a game and some of the "Pros" wanted nothing to do with a newbie.

Trig.....Hope you soon start to feel better with the bloat and all. It's amazing how that beer effected you. Yikes!

I had to laugh when you talked about hearing the dogs nails clicking all over the house in the middle of the night. Glad you got them taken care of and that he lost a pound. A pound on a little dog is a big deal.

Blue...Missing you around here.

Time for me to get a move on. Have good days!
  #855   ^
Old Tue, Jun-08-21, 06:02

BF:

Good Morning!

So Nic- Did you take a pickle ball class?????? Where did you learn to play? I would be clueless.
Ouch on the foot. You gotta take care of those footsies. Very cool you like the people you play with!

What is Wagyu ground beef?????? I bet you have a ton of kitchen gadgets.

Lori- girl if you feel the NEED to clean ...... I have an office that needs organized. Sounds like you got a ton done yesterday! I know ya feel better when it is all done. But gosh it seems there is always SOMETHING to do.
Enjoy your game today! Weather here is crappy for a game! Have you ever played in Hilton Head?

Trig- Raining here too!!!! So funny on nails on the floor. Your little guy is so cute!
Bella LOVED getting her nails done! So would JUMP and run to the door when I said Petsmart! She knew she would get pampered! Yup- what we don't do for those pups!

It poured and poured here yesterday and I was able to still sit out and watch it. The way my patio is positioned it rains the other direction so it doesn't get wet even in a downpour! Very cool if ya like to sit and watch a good storm. I bet though you have a decent porch for that too!!!!

Yup and yup on the gotta be you and only do you. I finally got that! I let the word SHOULD out of my thought process when thinking about where I wanted to be for a minute. The beach and this area of the country just feels like home to me. It truly is where I am happiest. So ya- when the kiddo is grown- the world is your oyster!!!!! It will really be here sooner than later!

Did you ever make that chicken?
-----------------------------------------------
I got rid of 3 boxes of junk last night and will tackle more boxes again today after work. Making some headway. I am now just making piles of keep / Goodwill and that is that. I will drag the crap back down to the car and off it will go!

Speaking of work I had a guy yesterday just RANTING at me. He was really mad..... He just got out of the hospital 2 days ago. His diagnosis is really poor and he is pisst about it. His situation is terrible too as he is living in a camper in the back yard of his daughters house, and on and on..... This was the call that my boss chose to listen to and then see how I charted it.
I got a VERY WELL DONE 100% - It is creepy to know she and "They" listen to every call. I just assume EVERY call is listened too that way I keep it on task.

Thawing some ground beef - might make a burger no bun, or my stand by chili or taco meat.
I didn't get alot of grocery this weekend. I need to find a cheeper grocery. I am shopping at Publix which is DANG $$$$$$ You spend 100.00 and walk out with 1/2 bag of nothing. I will have to travel a bit further to get to a Kroger but it will be worth it to my pocketbook.

Gotta run! - Working gal....... woke up late. Thankfully the commute is light!