Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#826   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-21, 06:15

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning- it truly feels like day 2 in my apt. even though I have been here a month. To have my kitchen and bed feels like heaven!
That being said. I am truly astound at just how much STUFF I really am unpacking and really do not need. Truly how many pots and pans does one person need????? I unpacked a brand new stainless steel pot and pan set I have been lugging around I got for Christmas 4 years ago and maybe have used 2 pans. They still have wrapping on them.

Just HOW MANY CROCK POTS can a single person have????? Wine glasses- OMG- I forgot I like to collect them, totally filled up a cabinet. I could and will seriously get rid of half this "STUFF" when I move. I am not doing this again! Not complaining, I am blessed. But really I do not need all this.

Trig- I FEEL your pain on prices!!!!!! Prices here are going through the roof on high end meat. I think I really noticed it when I started looking at high end beef. I just can't afford to buy a 20.00 ribeye or filet unless I can get 2-3 meals out of it.
Crab legs are 14.99 a pound here. Which- I would get a half a pound and be ok with that and pairing them with some shrimp or something. The cost of SHRIMP!!!!!!!! 10.99 a pound!
I am back to eating ground chuck. Affordable for a minute!

I am eye rolling with you on all that!

Nic- I love you are just CHILLING and life is good. You know we grab those times and relish them. Soak it all up. Because we all know that ebb and flow of life!
I wished I had a sport I loved like you and Lori!. I just don't think my knee would be able to handle pickle ball. It appears hard on the knees.

I do like biking though. I need to find a place around here I can bike. It doesn't seem very bike friendly here.

Lori- I am loving as well you are just cruising through the Spring and summer and having a great time out in fresh air. Wow your trip with your sis flew by!!!!!!
Enjoy TEE TIME!!!!!
-------------------------------------------------------
I am just working and unpacking. That is about it. My goal it to get pretty much of it done before the weekend. Maybe I am being super ambitious. But If I can at least get the kitchen and living room done the office can be done as I feel like it.

I am really needing some beach time. So, either Sat or Sunday will find me on the beach. Thats why I live here. I just might pop up to Hilton Head and check it out, or hit up Jekyll- that beach is PRIME! I love having options!

WOE- Right on point. Have not been that hungry. Mostly eating protein. Last night was left over ribs period. I am just not that into eating. Making some sloppy Joe right now for later today and dinner is done.

Have a great one!
Sponsored Links
  #827   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-21, 07:15

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco sounds like you are in good form, nothing much to report means no drama LOL well good stuff is great to report, the bad drama crap is a lousey report

yea I am not a night person to do stuff. Hubby would drag me out to night fish the crappies under bridges, in thunderstorms and more and OMG I hated it. I am UP early....get'er done...shut me down by 3-4 in the afternoon....after that is MY time to leave me alone....yes I am that anal on my time, omg I know me so well HA Glad ya had fun tho enjoying your PB!

Prices won't come down. Even sale prices are worse. I remember I got crab legs not that long ago for 4.99/lb and I ate the heck out of them, then the sale price was only $5.99/lb and higher and higher......now be lucky to get them ON sale for $13-14. I can't pay for shells....that is what gets me.....dead weight you pay for. I need ALOT OF crab since I eat nothing else ya know....oh well, stop moaning, I will keep them as a treat for me and mostly just pay for all you can eat crab leg buffets when I can get them....then I take THEM for a ride, cause I eat way more than my meal price in crab HAHA

Lori, enjoy your golf before the drops start!
Yea my hubby is same. I told him he does his thing, I do mine and we meet in the middle sometimes LOL works great for us....if together 24/7 like glue we both would be 6 ft under by now, War of the Roses type thing

Jazz, yea I hate price increases, along with darn gas right now.
then cyber hacked a meat processing plant...omg, what is SO OFF in this world? well everything HAHA we just bob and weave thru it all

Make a goal. Say after Jan. 1 I will get rid of all stuff I haven't touched til then I truly don't need. End date the last of Feb. Gives you 2 cold winter boring months to take all that crap to goodwill and weed yourself down. Stuff is stuff and by gosh *for me personally here* I feel SO FREE without it.

I am amazed I have 2 pots, 2 fry pans in the camper. Done ALL I NEED to do it all ya know but at home I got a gazillion lids that fit none of the gazillion pans I have HAHA Oh yea that is going soon for me too!!

Most of us need so little truly. Yet we buy and buy and waste and waste and in the end, moan about the crap we have...that is why I love being a minimalist type. I make sure I don't have alot of clutter around me or I would go crazy. Those pans are all hubby, not me LOL I have to stop him all the time from buying this pan or this set or this crazy azz kitchen gadget and he gets irked but tough, all crap I am gonna ditch sooner than later. I say save our money for trips and experiences instead of stuff! ok that is my take HAHA

-------------work on pool which is doing great.
mowing happening later

hubby working car stuff

sunny but cooler day....come on BIG heat! COME ON

got big Tbone steak to eat later
maybe some chicken and sardines first and leave steak for later meal

all good here, just chillin'
maybe a few rum drinks with the pool work later outside to party up a bit and have a relax fun day for ME!

ME ME ME LOL

be good all
  #828   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-21, 05:08

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Nothing going this morning.....or tomorrow morning! No one available to play golf with me the next 2 days, so here I sit. I played my best round in a couple years yesterday and am hoping by the next time I play(Saturday) I still remember how to play well!

Today I'll run some errands and make a Dr. appt for myself. I need to get basic blood work done and then have an appt. for a physical to go over results etc.

So....that's my day.....along with some household crap. Laundry, cleaning, making dinner. I'd rather be on the golf course!!

Sorry no personals this morning....still half asleep. Gabby was outside all night, so I was able to stay in bed until past 5:30 I need another cup of coffee to get all the brain cells firing.

Have a good one!
  #829   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-21, 07:25

BF:

No golf Lori? wow that is different for you but girl you have played and played so yea a day home to do housework is what you do need....not HAHA

enjoy your coffee and have a good at home SOS type chore day! ugh right....but hey it has to be done sometimes!

----------------SO nothing new here also.
rain coming in for like 3 days or so? not sure but not nice weather here right now...bleck

Bro Rich and his son Kevin are flying down today to see Mom for like 4 days. Bro Gregg gets to go home and relax and I just ordered 4 racks of BBQ ribs from my fav joint for us to go up and party a bit tomorrow. Check in and see how it is all going...hubby taking off work tomorrow to go.

eating less so that is good
summer means less food to me but this colder icky NON summer like weather is a bummer, now I feel hungrier...but it is boredom of course.

got a Tbone steak for later

been hankering for beef tenderloin. store has low sale on Tbones again but not buying.....gonna save all bucks and buy whole beef tenderloin slabs and stock up fridge on those....I am SO in the mood for them and I love the lighter tender taste and less fatty cause in summer that is what I want.

So that is on my radar! Buying whole slabs beef tenderloins. As much as I love my crab, the beef comes in cheaper per lb cause there isn't any food waste, I hate paying for crab shells I can't eat HAHA so going all in for good meat and put my money there....tired of paying for bones also in Tbones but darn gnawing that bone is delish tho LOL

ok enough about my meat!

must must must get a haircut....been cutting my own bang area for a bit and my hair is SO long I am darn near like Jazz used to be.....doesn't suit me. After appt and cut I will color.

I don't know....it gets harder to give a flying sh** about hair and makeup and painting my nails and and and.......so gotta put a tad of work ON ME again and ya know, it is freakin' work to make an ol' gal like me presentable anymore ---eeekkk

gave dog bath and hair trim yesterday. me and kiddo did a decent job, we ain't no dog groomer but when they put the price from $40 up to $85 I said NOPE. He smells good, brushed out great, kiddo loves the clippers and we trimmed his feet and backside area and yes he looks good for the cheaper price and some elbow grease! He has to go to vet on Monday for bloodwork so I called and they said they will cut his nails and it isn't bad...is $15 too high for that? well anyway will get it done cause he is clicking all around the hardwood floors, can hear him clicking around walking all over the house HAHA

and friggin' cable UPPED me $30....too darn high. working on cutting that bill big time....screw them...

ok off I go to get the towels out of the laundry.

have a great day all
  #830   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-21, 11:50

BF:

dot- back at 530
  #831   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-21, 12:08

BF:

Hi again!

Trig......It sounds like you're going to have a nice few days with family! Ribs...yum! I'm a tenderloin steak girl all the way. I'm not in to fat and gristle and "stuff" in my meat. Hope the weather is not too bad for your family time.

OMG.....I don't like days when I'm not golfing! I started running errands this morning around 10....here, there and everywhere. Then I came home and DH found fresh, local strawberries for sale, so had to make a homemade shortcake. Then Betty was out of the chip dip that she loves, so whipped up a batch of that. After washing a sink full of dishes I put away 2 loads of laundry, changed the bed...on and on. After 4 hours of going from one thing to the next, I finally sat down. Only thing left for the day is to make dinner. Pan fried haddock....yum! Only thing I didn't get done was mopping the floors...tomorrow is another day.
  #832   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-21, 15:41

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Wow Lori, you got a LOT done on a no-golfing day! I feel like I have done a lot of butt sitting but you have been doing all the things! You'll be back at golf soon enough and your body probably appreciated a bit of rest. It seems like your hamstring is in a pretty good place now, and you don't want to overdo!

Congrats on having such a good round the other day though!

Jaz, it really is crazy how we accrue things into our homes, even with being careful and not being big spenders or buyers. It just happens!

You deserve a beach weekend for sure after all of your moving, unpacking and job work. Do it!

Trig, I am not a late night person OR an early morning person. Now that I don't have to set an alarm or anything, I tend to be awake by 8, then I drink coffee and do all the online things until around 10. Then I do all the other things for a while! I'm spoiled in that I can space things out throughout the day- my time is essentially my own now.

Pot/pan lids- I got a universal lid for my skillets- I have that one and one more skillet lid and that's it. We have several skillets, possibly more than we need but two I have had for a really long time and just like, and then a set of two I got from Costco when DH ruined one.. So maybe one 6", one 8" and 10" and then two that are about 12"- one regular and one cast iron.

I love that your Mom gets such attention from all of her kids. You all are so good to her.

••••••••••••

I am ready for these damn cicadas to get the hell out of here. They are making it impossible to enjoy the outdoors right now. Clogging up the pool, divebombing if you want to grill or walk outside or anything. So glad they are only around every 17 years! We get cicadas every year but not trillions in one year!

So guess what? DD and I just did a thing! We booked our Girls' Trip! We had planned to do a trip for her 25th birthday, and then the pandemic hit. I really want to have her do something fun before she has kids and gets sort of locked down for a while, you know? I'm sure she will still travel but more likely domestically, at least for a while after having kids. So, we looked at fares and places, and fares and places again (she is buying her fare, I am buying mine, then I will pay lodging during the trip.) Anyway, we are going to IRELAND! With an overnight visit (all day and overnight) in ICELAND! I haven't been to either of those places and neither has she. We are going in late October for 8 days. Pretty exciting!

Totally on point food wise, played pickleball Tuesday night. DH has done something to his knee playing pickleball Tuesday night so he is gimping around. For once I am not the injured one!

Dinner tonight is crab cakes, broccoli and Red Lobster biscuits. I'll abstain from the biscuits. DS19 is having his Bestie spend the night tonight. Right now he and DS22 are at the gym- their daily hangout when they aren't working.

Oh, and DS22 has been talking to a few people to try to land a room mate for NYC. They will need to be talking about an apartment rental in the next month for an end of August lease.
  #833   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-21, 16:16

BF:

Nic....Your planned trip with DD sounds fabulous! I LOVE Ireland & Scotland. I want to go back over there one day. I have never been to Iceland, except to change planes on my way to Scotland. You will love Ireland....the people are so friendly and the scenery is beautiful!
  #834   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-21, 18:18

BF:

NIC- SOOOOOOOOO Freking exciting about your trip!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you........ I can't wait to hear all about how you decided where and all of it!!!!!!!

Lori- Girl we are bogged down here by rain for the next few days! BLEK!!!!! - Yay on the best game yet!!!!!
I know you will be looking forward to getting back out there.

Trig- Don't get me started on prices..........
However you had me going on Bolt and his clicking on the floor with his nails. Poor little guy!!! I bet he is as cute as can be with his home care cut!
Speaking of- you with hair down to the middle of your back? Whoa!!!! I do miss my hair! I am letting it grow again! (even though I stick it in a pony tail every day)!!! HAHAHAH

---------------------------------------------

nite all

Last edited by Jaz66 : Thu, Jun-03-21 at 21:04.
  #835   ^
Old Fri, Jun-04-21, 04:55

BF:

Lori I would opt for golf over all that work too doesn't it truly seem tho we spend forever in the kitchen making some food for someone all the time? I tell it feels that way for me since we all eat at diff. times dishes are always there and someone always wants something cooked LOL Next no golf day come here and mop for me please

when is your next golf? right now we got rainy icky weather for a few days....storm probably coming up to you now?

Jazz hair isn't that long yet but way longer than my normal. I will set up an appt soon....it is getting on my last nerve now. When shoulder length it 'falls well' and is easy to manage, longer it drags down ya know and I lose my volume fluff I like LOL yea too much info on it all but I just like my hair one way and I need to get the appt and get it handled.....I swear it seems to grow so fast ya know. Or time is slipping so fast and I don't even realize it, seems months just fly by now No clue where time goes anymore.

Nicco....cool on your universal lids. Hubby buys pots and pans when he sees anything that catches his eye anywhere we are at so heck everything is just always a fraction off to fit another pot LOL I did finally stop all that kitchen gadget buying. When I downsize I will pare down the world on stuff in our home! I really can't take it all around me and stuff has to be cleaned and handled and dealt with, the less I have the less I have to maintain

Iceland and Ireland. SO FREAKIN' COOL....very smart for you and DD. and you are right, once she 'settles' into that life span of 30s to 50s she is doing family, and life, and schools and work and and and....well we all know and time is not your own. Iceland, my brother went, he was blah on it...nothing to do but great scenery.....he ate pony meat. You have to have a horse burger and tell us how it was!! Ireland my brother loved so you sure will enjoy it.

and girl how tough do ya'll play this pickleball...out for blood? everyone getting pickleball injured LOL

Sounds like the family is moving and shaking and living their lives good!

__________***SO OFF to moms around 12. picking up the racks of ribs I ordered. omg I had to control hubby with the food....he wanted this and that and more of that and even a friggin' smoked ham to order with the ribs and I said NO.....too much damn food! over kill. Slow the heck down man!

You know when something fun can happen, like a nice rib feast with visiting family maybe, and then someone, like my hubby can almost ruin it? Just ruin it with food and then he gets pizzed off when I say no and slow your food roll and he gets irked.....well tough noogies! NO ONE WANTS a ton of food. Mom eats regular like kiddo....I am meat only.....bro Rich is mostly meat only and he is like Keto type, well Kevin being like 25 is gonna eat alot I am sure but hubby doesn't get that we don't need that much food.....no one wants it to the level he tries to take it......well blowing off steam cause we had a damn fight over a friggin' smoked ham HAHA I won of course, no ham LOL but I bet ya, one day he will walk in with a giant smoked ham soon from this bbq joint with a smile on his face----cause he got that ham! ok....rant part over.

Sams Club is giving a $45 free gift card to the store if you sign up for a year....year is $45 so free year membership. Barb uses her card when we go and shop and I get my beef tenderloins at a good price, but easier to have my own card so will drag me and hubby to Sams Club next week and get signed up. I need access to that meat. Not many places sell whole tenderloin but our one meat shop does but they are alot longer drive away than Sams Club which ain't so close either but closer than the other

Bro Gregg wants me to take mom here for a few days around June 15/16 cause he has stuff to do at home. I tell ya not sure if this is gonna be a pattern for 'a while' or how we are gonna handle 'the mom situation of can she be alone?' cause I don't think she can.....she doesn't remember the pills now and probably just hitting that level of needing someone truly in the house with her......not sure how long Gregg is willing to do this? years with her? I know he wants her to stay in the house as long as she can but? OK NO USE thinking about it all too much right now.....let it go and I need to just go with the flow and forget thinking what ifs....what ifs can take me down....too much crazy options in my brain LOL

over and out and be good all
  #836   ^
Old Fri, Jun-04-21, 05:04

BF:

Good Morning!

Day starting out dreary & wet. Just as well that I'm not golfing. Possible T-storms this afternoon. Typical summer weather. DH & I are going out for dinner tonight! It will be the first time we've gone out in nearly a year! We're going to a brew pub called Jackass Brewery. They're smoking brisket today as their special. Can't wait!

Nic.....Oh man...those freaking Cicadas! Now they're saying that they will pop out here in a few weeks. I can't imagine the mess on the golf course if they come out there.

Sorry to hear that DH twisted his knee. What a pain....literally! Knees are so vulnerable to injury.

Trig....Enjoy those ribs & family time. Hope it doesn't rain the whole time! We're finally going to have a few days without a lot of rain....just the possibility of a pop up T-storm. I have golf planned for Saturday and Sunday and it's looking good.....but HOT....90!

Jaz......Friday for the working girl! Sure hope you have something fun planned for your precious couple days off this weekend.

----------

Well, I'm fooling around with our ink jet printer. DH needs to print a hunting license for Illinois so he's ready to go in November. Our printer has been having fits lately. We don't often use it, but when you need it, you need it. I'm hoping there is an option to have a paper license mailed just in case we have a problem. You'd think for $300+ they could mail you one, you know? Out of state license fees are ridiculous, in my opinion.

That's it from here. Happy Friday!
  #837   ^
Old Fri, Jun-04-21, 05:39

BF:

TGIF- TGIF!!!!!!!! Yes this working gal could not be happier today is Friday!!!!!

Trig-- Yea you do have alot on your plate literally right now. Truly you are sandwich generation. Your got your mom and still raising the kiddo. Thankfully both are pretty independent to a point!

Thinking about your mom I wonder if she would be ok with a company you hire to keep her home. If she got used to just a couple gals in for a few hours every day to help with meds, and house keeping maybe she might go for it???? I know - not thinking about that now. Just keep it in the back of your mind.

Wow on the ham...... You hubby does seem like a foodie to me. He loves to eat out more than you do. But alot of guys do. Which is strange because they are not even the ones to have to cook or clean up.

Yup you are totally right that someday your hubby will walk in with a smoked ham! What if you did it before he does? Just plan a day to have ham. I am like you though I just hate wasting food!

Nic- I am still thinking about how awesome your trip is going to be! Talk about taking out a wild card! Whoa whoa..... so very awesome! But you are the world traveler among us! That is so on my bucket list to travel like you do!
You are so right about once your DD starts having kids it will settle her way down, for like 20 years!

Lori- we are having the rain now you will be getting!!!! Sometimes a few days to get house work done feels good then you can go play and return to a sparkling house!
-------------------------------------------------------
I am making some head way on the unpacking. I am down to 2 boxes left in the living room and the bedroom is clean and tidy. I am doing tones of laundry as I used the towels and sheets to pack with and they needed washed.

Working and the move with no time off is just flat out busy. I will be happy to have it all put away and relax in a tidy and cozy apt home! Then I can really branch out and see what this community has to offer!

Not much else to chat up. I am slowing losing bloat and feel a bit "thinner". I really need to keep on keeping on. I am on point with WOE!
Todays eats: Orange roughy and a side of shrimp, slaw if needed. I make my own slaw so there isn't garbage dressing on it. But I haven't wanted it yet. I buy stuff and it sits there and I end up tossing it. That drives me crazy! Money in the trash!

Inout showers today. The sun comes out and 30 minutes later it is raining then the sun again.

Later gators!
  #838   ^
Old Fri, Jun-04-21, 18:35

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Quick touching base and will write more tomorrow! Hope everyone sleeps well!
  #839   ^
Old Sat, Jun-05-21, 04:11

BF:

Good Morning!

Bright, sunny morning and it's gonna be hot! I'll be taking my insulated water bottle filled with ice today. 90 degrees! Same for tomorrow.

I'm doing a quick load of laundry & DH wants me to cut his hair this morning. He's looking a bit shaggy.

We went to the Jackass Brewing Company for dinner last night. The brisket fresh off the smoker was excellent! I ate(and drank) too much and was SO full when I went to bed. I'm surprised I slept well, but I did. They have a lovely, beautifully landscaped patio so we sat outside and it was awesome. I could be a regular there!

Heading to the course around 8.....hoping for another good round today, but you just never know.

Have a great Saturday!
  #840   ^
Old Sat, Jun-05-21, 05:02

BF:

Lori I hear ya on the out of state costs for licenses etc. Some can be outrageous! You should have a mail option definitely for those, just call if you can't get your printer right. We had those same issues on out of state online licenses he ordered and our printer died but also IF HE TAKES a phone hunting with him, he can just easily pull up his online license ya know to show instead of a paper copy. Cause hubby just did that with his renewal for surf fishing in SC. The printer was out of ink and we were leaving for the trip and he was panicking cause we were gonna leave before mail license would come, so I said, YA GOT your phone on ya....if asked by a ranger just pull up the license on your phone. Done deal. So that was his solution to cover that one.

enjoy golf today. we only got a hi of 84 today and rest of the week goes lower....and you up in the North got 90s today....WHAT? LOL

Jazz take your time with unpack and all....you are there and home and will get it all squared away in good time! Glad your WOE is doing well and ya feel thinner, nothing like that!!

Nicco touch base when ya can!

----------SO yesterdays visit was fun.

I ate a ton of ribs and my nephew Kevin who is 28 now...OMG I remember him as a baby ya know and it shows time stops for no one ever LOL, he ate a ton of ribs. He is more carnivore now. Telling me all about how bad carbs are and how he is eating 6 eggs for breakfast and loving seafood more and eating meat all the time with occasional very little other stuff.....I didnt' say nothing, just listened and agreed with all of it....too wild he headed this way. He was too thin tho I thought. He is like 6'7 and 195 lbs. A string bean but gaining muscle now and he 'looks ok' and all but looks too thin to me. I told him eat more meat cause he could use a few lbs to fill out and he said he just lost 25 lbs but he feels he is doing way to much running...he is gonna cut back the cardio. Well anyway it was wild to chat this with the 'little snot nosed kid' I remember HAHA

So I drank 5 light beers. I buzzed out around beer 3 and sucked down the other 2.....then we ate a ton of ribs and had a great time chatting and all that......

when I went to get out of the car after we left and got home I could barely move. I was so stiff and sore and felt like someone took a baseball bat to my entire body. It was insane. My whole body was stoved up and rigid and yes it was painful. Got worse over the next hr or so but then I was slamming down alot of water and took Ibuprofen too for any relief and I would say about 5-6 hrs later I was feeling better. The joints loosened up, the whole body system 'felt moveable' and stiffness went away. It was strange for sure. It was SO noticeable it kinda freaked me out and I put it to one thing...beer. Hadn't had more than an occasional 1 every now and then and not that often, but these 5 beers showed me one thing. Never a beer again! That is out of my life, had to be the issue....so rum it is from here on out. Not putting that beer in me ever again! Woke up feeling ok this morning but it was a very strange hit I took. I didn't like it one bit

hubby working car today
me doing pool and other stuff

just gonna chill and goof and eat meat and whatever....be good everyone