Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-05-19, 12:28

Plan: Classic Atkins
Stats: 275/272/165 Male 180cm
BF:
Progress: 3%
Unhappy Induction .. that "gotta eat" feeling ...

I started a committed Atkins attempt again this week (previous was in 2013). I'm on day 5 or 6, depending on when you start counting.

Feeling great .. lots of energy .. but I work from home and I find I just can't focus .. can't stay seated .. its like I have too much energy and I just want to go out and run around .. I'm all over the place .. even with my ADHD meds ..

But aside from that restlessness .. I'm constantly with that "nibbling" sensation ... where you want something .. don't know what it is .. you're not actually hungry or tired ..

I'm not sure where its coming from ...

-Is that a normal thing that comes with induction?
-Am I eating something that's triggering it?
-Is it my ADHD going bananas
-Is it just normal summer "I want to be outside not in the office" feeling?

where I am not hungry .. I just feel I want to eat. I *think* we're following the acceptable foods list (as posted on this forum) ... I've been eating chicken wings whenever it has been getting too much .. it feels like I may be eating too much though..

So is this normal with induction - am I not getting enough fats?

Dan

Here's what I've eaten so far (I've been keeping a log):

Drinks:
1) Water with small slice of cucumber and lemon in it (mostly this)
2) Club soda, plain - low sodium (one glass a day)
3) Water with flavour enhancer (sucrolose or stevia ) - 1-2 glasses a day

Sun: L: Beef stew with Green beans S: Ground Beef + Cauliflower stuffed Zucchini with Egglemon sauce

Mon: B: Cheese Omelette L: 10 Chicken Wings and Salad with Mustard Vinegrette S: Homemade meatballs in oven with brussel sprouts and Avacado

Tue: B: Cheese Omelette and Pork Scallopini L: Leftover Beef Stew (only a few Green beans) S: Chicken Wings and tossed salad (spring mix, spinach, kale) with a mayo+mustard dressing Late: 10 Chicken Wings

Wed: B: Cheese Omelette and Veal scallopini L: Chicken Wings S: Pork Ribs (mustard + spices). Late: 10 Chicken Wings

Thu: B: Cheese Omelette L: Salad Greens with horseradish + feta dressing Went swimming that afternoon. S: 13 Wings Late: Polish Sausage + Cheese .

Fri: B: Cheese Omelette L: 10 Chicken Wings
Sponsored Links