Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#841   ^
Old Wed, Jun-30-10, 13:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 350/305/150 Female 5'7"
BF:Wow way to much!
Progress: 23%

I have a quick question for all of you who have lost upwards of 100 pounds or so...Have you ever tried intermittent fasting (eating only during a certain window of time during the day...delaying breakfast till noon and stopping eating at 7:00pm and allowing your metabolism to reset itself..or thats the theory at least? Or have you found that if you eat past a certain time of night it slows your loss down?
Sponsored Links
  #842   ^
Old Fri, Jul-02-10, 11:04

Plan: Paleo/Primal
Stats: 330/258.2/150 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucywench
I have a quick question for all of you who have lost upwards of 100 pounds or so...Have you ever tried intermittent fasting (eating only during a certain window of time during the day...delaying breakfast till noon and stopping eating at 7:00pm and allowing your metabolism to reset itself..or thats the theory at least? Or have you found that if you eat past a certain time of night it slows your loss down?

I IF. Mostly Fast5 (2pm to 7pm window), but I've been known to do a lot of 23/1, and up. My longest fast was ~27 hours. Even not IFing, eating past a certain time was certain to be see on the scale the next day.
  #843   ^
Old Sat, Jul-03-10, 08:21

Stats: 350/305/150 Female 5'7"
BF:Wow way to much!
Progress: 23%

DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!! I did it..Today the scale reported 286.6..thats 50.4 pounds gone. Now onto my next goal which is to lose 36 more pounds to get too 250 (thats what I weighed when I met my husband 13 years ago so it seems like a good one to strive for!!
  #844   ^
Old Sat, Jul-03-10, 18:03

Stats: 374/297/168 Female 5ft 2in
BF:Um yes
Progress: 37%

Yay 50.4 lbs gone!!!!!
  #845   ^
Old Sun, Jul-18-10, 10:54

How is everyone doing? its getting a bit quite around here.
  #846   ^
Old Sun, Jul-18-10, 16:25

Plan: 8-week Blood Sugar Diet
Stats: 265.8/182/130 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 62%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC_mermaid
How is everyone doing? its getting a bit quite around here.
Hi, I've been having a frustrating period of up-and-down trying to get under 200 for a few weeks. No off-plan foods, but periods of overeating low carb. I'm worried about having to restrict my eating to get to a lower weight, and then getting into "rebellious" carb binging. I still have the same behaviors that got me fat in the first place -- eating way, way past full to get that old comfort (for a few minutes at least!) of being too full to be able to eat more. I'm working on that, and am glad that I can maintain my WOE throughout the behavioral probs.

Keep in touch!
  #847   ^
Old Mon, Jul-19-10, 10:01

Plan: Whole Foods, Mod Carbs
Stats: 292.4/190.4/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonnie
Hi, I've been having a frustrating period of up-and-down... No off-plan foods, but periods of overeating low carb.

Me too

I actually really dislike LCing in the summer... my taste for meat goes right out the window and I really crave fruit (especially a nice piece of icy cold watermelon!!)

bummer.
  #848   ^
Old Mon, Jul-19-10, 20:38

Oh, you 2 are having the same kinda problems as me. Last week I cheated a couple of times, its started with eating too many LC foods, desserts and too many calories. Then I went to the non-LC foods. The summer is also very hard for me too, I am used to having fruit because its realatively low cal and low fat. I have eaten alot of berries. It is the emotional eating and the compulsive eating all rolled into one. My family is also big on ice cream, its everywhere.

Nonnie you are right, we are still on our woe. I am also having, I think some kinda psychological problem with hitting the 100 lbs lost mark. I haven't completely figured it out but its something. I got to 99.5 lost and now I'm back to 96 lost. I need to figure this out. I have another hundred + to go after that. I have been doing good since friday and I am trying to get a good chain of good days going. Hopefully we all get back on track.
  #849   ^
Old Tue, Jul-20-10, 10:17

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 247/224/120 Female 5 feet
BF:
Progress: 18%

Thanks everyone for posting here - I am so glad I am not alone in this! I have been trying to offset my fruit cravings by drinking more water. Why doesn't water seem juicy?
  #850   ^
Old Tue, Jul-20-10, 13:05

Plan: Figuring it out
Stats: 366/282.2/166 Female 5'6"
BF:YEP/YEP/YEP
Progress: 42%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonnie
Hi, I've been having a frustrating period of up-and-down trying to get under 200 for a few weeks. No off-plan foods, but periods of overeating low carb. I'm worried about having to restrict my eating to get to a lower weight, and then getting into "rebellious" carb binging. I still have the same behaviors that got me fat in the first place -- eating way, way past full to get that old comfort (for a few minutes at least!) of being too full to be able to eat more. I'm working on that, and am glad that I can maintain my WOE throughout the behavioral probs.

Keep in touch!

I'm right there with you and struggling a lot of late..Still eating General LC but def eating at a higher carb level than usual--A LC beer here or there, a LC icecream bar, more fruit than just a serving or two, some corn on the cob, a few potatoes here & there. Definitely major carb creep. I haven't really been tempted to go totally off track but I definitely haven't been eating as cleanly as I'd like and thus the scale is not budging whatsoever. I know what I need to do but for some reason the summertime is a definite struggle. I waiver between being ok with it and being happy to just work on maintaining for a little while to --really really wanting to get back on track and work to get under 200lbs.......Depending on the day, depending on my mood, the choice can vary. But as long as it's not the choice to abandon this lifestyle and totally go off track--which it hasn't been(unlike in the past)..then for me-it's progress.
  #851   ^
Old Wed, Jul-21-10, 10:30

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadflax
Why doesn't water seem juicy?

lol, that's funny! It's true, water doesn't seem to be quite as satisfying as bitting into a cold piece of juicy watermelon.

I bought some fruit flavoured sparkling water (no sodium, no carbs, sweetened with splenda), poured some in a glass, and half-froze it until it became slushy-like.

Then, I threw in a lime wedge and ate my slushie with a funky, brightly coloured kids' spoon... it was very summer-ish and seemed to help! (Of course, if I had thrown some vodka in, it would have been ever better, lol)
  #852   ^
Old Wed, Jul-21-10, 20:23

Elizabeth, I haven't tried the flavored sparkling water, it sounds really good. Are you using a particular brand ?
  #853   ^
Old Thu, Jul-22-10, 06:30

BF:

Hi Darleen,

I don't remember if you're in Canada... but I think this brand is only available in Canada -

President's Choice Free & Clear http://www.presidentschoice.ca/LCLO...productId=18684

The website doesn't list all the flavours they have available. So far I've seen: berry, key-lime, tangerine-lime, peach (the last two are my fav.!).

Also, they've changed the formulation and it now has sucralose (instead of aspartame) and NO sodium (very important to me). I usually buy it at Fortinos, Loblaws, or The Great Canadian Superstore.

Let me know if you get a chance to try it!
  #854   ^
Old Thu, Jul-22-10, 11:55

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 247/224/120 Female 5 feet
BF:
Progress: 18%

Thanks for the suggestion - sounds festive and summery!
  #855   ^
Old Fri, Jul-23-10, 18:31

Plan: Low Carb & Sleeved
Stats: 363/217/175 Female 4 ft 11 in
BF:
Progress: 78%

I'd like to be added to the spreadsheet. I started off at 363 and I'm 320.1 as of today