Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > PCOS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jul-19-04, 08:43

Plan: my own
Stats: 160/160/140 Female 5'9''
BF:
Progress:
Unhappy 20 year old PCOS sufferer in need of some advice

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all!

I wanted to share my story with you all to see if someone could give me some advice/help. I am 20 years old and got diagnosed with PCOS in 2002 and since then I have been on OrthoCyclen (which has restored my cycle), 2000mg Glucophage daily, 200mg Spironolactone daily, and just this year Dexamethasone .25mg. I have excessive body hair everyone and I need to lose about 20lbs to get down to my normal wieght. It is now late 2004 and I have seen no results from any of the medications.

I tried Atkins once but its a hard lifestyle to follow in college. Just this week I started following a low carb diet (based on atkins but not as strict).

How long did it take to see results from low carbing in terms of body hair? Is it really true that if you loose a little bit of body weight the hair can drastically improve?

I am also an athlete which complicates losing wieght.

Thanks in advance for any advice/suggestions/help
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jul-19-04, 16:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 247/246/130 Female 5 foot 2.5 inches
BF:47%/32.0%/22.5%
Progress: 1%
Default regarding PCOS

I wish I could answer your question regarding body hair.. but as I am still significantly overweight and have had this hair for so long, belly, upper lip chin, etc.... I haven't noticed any reduction yet....I wish you all the best and worse comes to worse there is always electrolosis