Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1876   ^
Old Sat, Oct-24-20, 06:15

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Finally got up at nearly 7:30. DH said he was just about ready to come up and see if I was ok. I was up at 3:30, but got back to sleep quickly. I took an AdvilPM last night to help me get to sleep quicker.....that's been a struggle lately. I'm considering trying Melatonin...not sure if that would help or not.

The trainer put me thru a hard workout yesterday. Whew! I told him my hip was much improved and he took that as a sign to up the workout. Lots of core work, which I need, but it's a bugger. Those damn planks!

Jaz....I can't imagine you in that dank, dark basement with faulty plumbing. Ugh. Yes, you have tried to make it work, but it just sounds awful. I hope you find a place & a job that is perfect for you.

Trig....how awesome that you were tooling around in your teenage daughter's jeans! Woohoo!! Did you tell her? I can just imagine the look on her face.

Nic.....hope your week ended on a good note. Any big weekend plans?

Blue.....miss you so much around here. Hope all is well.

------

I'm off to the golf course around 10. Skies look kind of dark, but it's not supposed to rain. Only a high around 60 today.....a bit cooler tomorrow. I don't mind playing when it's a bit cooler, as long as it isn't windy. I kind of draw the line at temps below 50. I will start out playing in the 40's if it is going to be a sunny day and get warmer as it goes. I think the first week of November is going to be below average temps, so this is probably the last weekend of golf for a while.

I think I'm going to join the gym where I've been working with the trainer and just do things on my own and take a few of the classes they offer. They told me they're going to have a special in the New Year for training sessions, so I'll probably book some more sessions then. I really need to keep moving thru the long winter ahead. I'm really not interested in going back to Planet Fitness where I have a membership as I'm afraid it will be too crowded. I would not feel comfortable around a lot of people with the "thing" still around. At the gym where the trainer is, there are hardly any people and everyone is required to mask up. I'm hoping to be able to get outside and do some walking this winter too. I just need to bundle up and go.

Ok....enough of my rambling. Have a good Saturday!
Sponsored Links
  #1877   ^
Old Sat, Oct-24-20, 07:05

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

TRIG- OMG on wearing the kiddo jeans- I would have kept those on ALL DAY and seen if the hubby noticed!!!! HAHAHA- You are doing so so well.

Ummmmm this place gives DUMP new meaning. I would not get my $$ back without a notice. So I gave one. It does not mean I will be here until the end. But it truly is now just about 30 days. I need OUTTA THE BASEMENT!!!! HAHAHAH, OMG you would go batshit crazy with no light!!!! You and I are alike in that way!!
Some people would be content and happy- I am not one of those!

Do you still eat dairy? Just wondering you have lost your weight pretty fast in the beginning. Now it is hard to give up a pound yet your body is changing! I was wondering. Dairy tastes so good dest was never met for humans.
Thankfully the coconut products are really expanding. Now if they could just come up with a tastey cheese for that burger I would be in heaven!!!

Awesome on getting through those craving the night before last!!! I think seriously that we do crave carbs when we are not eating enough fat. I bought some salami too. I have a big roll of it. I like it. Normally it does hit the reset button for cravings. But the salt- OMG.
Anyway I feel ya on wanting "something" and not even knowing what IT is you want! I think half the time it is boredom like you said or stress. But thankfully it does go away. Now that "we" are in the country it is not like we can hop in the car and have fries at our finger tips in 5 minutes.
And I agree to messy to make and have to clean up from. I don't even buy potatoes- but you maybe do.

I do that too, if I am famished and out. I will get a bun-less burger to go. I was waiting for my flu shot a couple days ago and was STARVING. It was past my 24 hr eating time. So I hit up a can't remember- but they had Angus burgers. Had a patty and was good to go!

Lori- How is your leg doing now that you aren't stretching the crap out of it?!?!?!?
I still have a touch of planter facetious going when I walk to far in sandals. We all have a body part that seems to want to give us grief! HAHA

OMG I LOVE the smell of homemade apple sauce. I don't eat it because I am not crazy bout apples, but I sure love that smell!!!
Do you have that sieve you crank????? Grandma had one and gave it to me years ago for applesauce. Antique now. But I used to make it too when the kids were little. I liked it because it was pure without additives. I love the way the house smelled!!!

Are you playing golf today too?

NIC- - Hey there, did I miss a post from yesterday? Hummmmm - HAHAHAHH
Anyway- "dazzle: On making your goal of 30/30miles a month- or was it 35? Anyway! WTG!

Yes babies grow so frekin fast! That they do!!!!

Are you worried about your blood sugar? Have you ever been borderline? I have- and could flip on a dime to being a type 2 if I was not on Keto/ LC. I too take my BS a couple times a week to keep it in check. It is a VERY good reminder that one can't cheat and not have the body respond!
At least those of us very carb sensitive.

Your trip is up and coming! Are you nervous? What about in Memphis are you going? Are you going to do anything while there? That would be a awesome trip if ya didn't have to think about Covid. Hell life would be so much better Covid free. Hard to believe we all thought we had it so rough day to day pre-covid!

Sorry digressed there- tell us about your trip and how you are doing it? Are you bringing the food? Is everyone flying in?
Hard to believe this year has gone by so fast and also feels like it has dragged.
Looking forward to a real year 2021!!!

Sorry to hear that DS21 is not going to NYC. Is he bummed? How is the DD and DS18 doing? Any "news" from the newly weds??? SNORT..... hahaha They have been married now 2 years?
-------------------------------------------------------------------
It is a total PJ day for me. got up about 7:30 sipping my coffee and had a quick shower and put my jammies right back on.
My hair is piled in that bun on top of my head and I am make up free.
Since traveling and being in the sand, water, and all- I just don't care about it anymore. If I am going somewhere I MIGHT put on just a bit of foundation to hide my roseaca and that is about it.

TRIg- I get ya on the travel bug. That is all I wanna do right now. Seriously, I have watched my share of how to travel on a dime You tubes!!!!
But I am not ready yet!
I know I need to plant somewhere. I am such a gypsy! Maybe the circus is hiring!!! HAHAHAHA, I am sure they need a medical team!
Dang I LOVE that idea!!!! ROFL.........

Yup- so all the crab eaten up from yesterday.

I want to make a "breakfast" casserole. I bought some sausage and some more eggs and a red pepper. I will browse recipes. I think having a "snack" like that in the fridge will curb any craving. I love eggs and sausage.

Dinner- I have grass fed beef thawing and will do something with that. Maybe LC sloppy Joe.

Tomorrow I will have bacon wrapped scallops, the big ones! I have about 4 packets of bacon in freezer and 50 dollars worth of big scallops. I will take out maybe 3.
Good eating!!!!!

Yup today I will really put my nose to the grind and get some "work" done on the job front and apt front.
I am really torn though where I want to go........ That is the issue, it's me. Not that I couldn't get a job, or find an NICE place..... it is my wonder lust.......I feel confined if I have to stay anywhere for too long. I am really learning that about myself. I love to explore.

That is why the travel nursing really appeals- but Covid is really putting a monkey wrench in that! URGHHHHH - well...... I will give a look today.

The pup will get a walk in and it will be a low key day. I like that.

Oh...... to tell you how DAMP this basement is.... I washed a shirt and hung it to dry- and it is still wet after 3 days. I kind you not.
Yeah......... time to "make a new plan Stan, get out the back Jack, no need to be coy Roy........ who did that song????
Where is Blue when I need her!!!

Back later..........
  #1878   ^
Old Sat, Oct-24-20, 07:06

BF:

LORI- CROSS POSTED!!!! Enjoy your game!!!! See above post!!!!
  #1879   ^
Old Sat, Oct-24-20, 08:01

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Howdy Ho, neighbors! It's the weekend!

Trig- Have you ever considered going camping by yourself? Do you think you would enjoy doing that?

That is so cool and so amazing that you wore your daughter's jeans! GO GIRL WITH YOUR BAD SELF!!! I am so glad that you have absolutely found what works for you and makes you feel good.

Lori- I think your plan to hire the trainer again in January with discounts, and not doing Planet Fitness during this time are all good ideas. Makes perfect sense to me.

I'm glad your leg is feeling better. This has been a good Fall for golf, I feel like. Lovely fall weather this year.

Jaz- I'm glad you have an end day and time for your rental, since it has not been great for you by any means. Damp and dark is a horrible and depressing combination. Ugh.

I honestly have difficultly imagining you really settling down in ANY place for more than a couple of years. Maybe you would but I can't imagine it. You seem to be someone who enjoys having different experiences and challenges!

No, I'm not worried about my blood glucose. Should I be? As far as the CGM goes, it would be more for curiosity. I know my typical blood glucose levels and I know my A1c. I know my fasting insulin level too, which is not bad but not where I wish it was either. I'll just keep plugging along at that.

Blue- You know I miss ya! xoxo

••••••••••

Gray day today but not much of a chance of rain, from what I understand. We do have some rain coming this week so I think I will plan to knock out that last 2.5 miles with a hike and call the challenge DONE! I have such mixed feelings about challenges bc on the one hand they are super motivating- I don't think I would have logged 35 miles without the challenge this month- but on the other hand it also felt sort of stressful. I had it hanging over my head a little bit and felt the pressure to get it done and over with. I'm like that though- sensitive to pressure. I don't like it!

Worked yesterday 12:30-4:30. I made crab cakes with porkrinds and parm before I left so I had those, and then for dinner around 5 I had LC beef veg soup and a some Enlightened ice cream. I did then eat again at like 8:30, an LC snack, but I was irritated with myself for doing it. I wasn't hungry and I don't like to eat before bed. And sure enough I didn't sleep that well. Derp! Live and learn.. I knew better.

So the plan for today is pick up my ballot (replacement ballot) at 11 and fill it out there and drop mine and DS18's in the lockbox. Then go on a shortish hike to knock out the last part of challenge. Then I will come home, eat lunch and then we'll see what the rest of the day holds. Poor DH has to work all day today and tomorrow going into next week's trial- he was up and out by 6 AM.

Tomorrow the Ravens play, but now that I think of it DH won't be home to watch. Waah!

The only thing on my calendar for today is to pre-purchase the Graceland tickets for those of us that are going. I need to see if we need to pre-purchase Memphis zoo tickets as well or not. A lot of places have timed entry these days. Those are the two biggies on the list, although there are a lot of other things like the Civil Rights museum, MLK stuff- just depends on time and exposure and all those things. Graceland is a must for me as an Elvis fan and the Zoo will be great for all of us but especially the Littles!
  #1880   ^
Old Sat, Oct-24-20, 13:44

BF:

Home from golf.......OMG.....feel like a frozen fish stick! I was not expecting a cold wind and we had it ALL day. Brrrr! Tomorrow is not looking good either. Cold and cloudy.....not sure about wind. Wouldn't be surprised if we decide to bag it after our experience today. If we play, I will dress warmer for sure. It was supposed to be high 50's and now when I look at the forecast, it says 40's.....WHAT?? ACK!! I may stay home and make my applesauce!

Jaz.....I don't have the food mill with the crank. I am even more old fashioned than that. I put a colander over a bowl and I use an old wooden masher to stomp the cooked apples thru the colander. The masher is probably over 100 years old. This house has been in the family since it was built 168 years ago, so there are things here that have been here forever!

Nic....how exciting that you have your upcoming trip to look forward to. Can't wait to hear all about your adventures.

Oh man.....I just can't get warm! I'm going to sit under this fuzzy blanket and try to thaw out. Hard to believe it was so hot on Thursday when I played golf.

Enjoy your evening!
  #1881   ^
Old Sat, Oct-24-20, 17:42

BF:

Hey all-
I had such big plans for today. Where did today go?!?!?!?- Sloth, slug, snail, Jammie day.

I have been on the internet all day looking for affordable housing. I am being so picky right now. Still looking. I did book a extended stay with a suite - but I am going to keep looking.

NEWS- So my son had his offer accepted and has just bought his first home! He should move about the time I expect to visit Ohio. So I can help him move in and decorate and unpack.

I have decided I will go to Ohio in Dec. and stay 30 days. I seriously do not expect to be hired anywhere right now. Nobody is hiring except hospitals (decided against), and retail for holidays- no thank you.
So being real, I will be hanging through the holidays so I might as well enjoy them.
I will spend Nov. here with "kids" and Dec. in Ohio with son.

I will be looking more- but honestly there was nothing on the job boards today. It was like that last year too. Typically unless you are retail business don't hire Nov./ Dec. They start hiring in Jan. with new budgets. So I will hang in and just keep watching, but I am not going to stress out over it. I just not.

I will be back to work soon enough. I am not going to needlessly expose myself to Covid. Still looking on the work front!!!!

Cooked and am good for the next few days. Snuggled in with pup right now- have fuzzy socks on..........

Off to watch something.

EDITING: Change of plans- yet again. So after a long conversation Dec. Is a bad time for my visit to Ohio. DS will be moving and he is planning on coming here to see his sister/ The Kids for the holidays so it would not make sense for me to go there.
Back to the drawing board....... no biggie- Ohio sucks in Dec. anyway- cold and gray!!!

Big time rain rolling in. I just noticed the radar- Holy moly it's coming for the next day maybe two. glad I went and have everything needed for awhile. No need to go anywhere.
My Ex is still here visiting the "kids" until Monday. So it gives me some good computer time.

BLUE- you are getting the cold!!!!!! Any snow your way?

Last edited by Jaz66 : Sat, Oct-24-20 at 19:45.
  #1882   ^
Old Sun, Oct-25-20, 05:09

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Jazz, go back to St. Simon and enjoy the weather and life ya loved there. but I get it. You are just not sure what is going down and with the holidays around, yea I see it as a weird time to lock down plans etc. for yourself. But you know me, get your azz back to that beach area you love love love. A job will pop up LOL but get your azz back to the beach Girl this is your opportunity ya know....beach ya love, beach ya love HAHA Yea can ya tell I would be living there in a heart beat
You will be ok! Hang in there!!

Monster rain here. omg last night, woke me around 3AM with monster scary big rain. ugh. banging the house like it was gonna come thru the roof. ugh again HA

Lori, a frozen fish stick huh? HAHA too funny on that one.
I don't enjoy anything in the cold like that. Not me at all. Only when younger with downhill and cross country skiing was wonderful cause I was bundled up and loved skiing and I was young....see that, older I want no big azz clothes dragging me down, I want no activity in the monster cold weather....haha...hope you get more better weather to drag out your golf as long as you can before the cold really locks in.

Nicco I agree challenges are great for us. I have to keep my challenges very very small ya know. I make them too big and I bulk at them and then get irked at a big goal. Small ones are key for me now but a challenge is a great way to put on some pressure to truly work on ourselves and meet some goals we want!! Cool

Yea your Memphis trip sounds fab. Just to get away but yea, you will have to work around what is open, how they are handling attendance/admission and all but you will.....and have fun doing some new stuff.

Hey all

Monster big storm came thru. Sounded like the house was gonna cave the rain hit so big and hard. big sigh...like a hole in my head, sinus is kicking in, ugh LOL

I am saying ugh and bleck and sigh alot. I need a friggin' trip.

I am going to book something today. check weather etc and just book some damn trip to get the hell out of dodge. ok, got a mission, book anything LOL

all going good, just boring type stuff going down around here.
have to smack the hell out of kid, damn she won't do that darn online work cause she got it 'worked out' to what teacher doesn't mark off for a day or 2 late when submitting work, and then she knows that this or that teacher will put in small work for a few extra credits so she can make up points if she doesn't even do the work and it is marked missing/incomplete assignment. She got this sneaky azz system and it is pizzing me off. Told her ALL work is getting done on time and man she tried to 'read me' the riot act cause I don't 'get her sneaky azz system' to get out of this work and I said shut your pie hole, all work is getting done and she stomped off mumbling under her breath....damn she is old enough to mumble about me now HAHA I am so over this friggin' online school crap to the max. I tell ya, I did my damn schooling many many moons ago, I don't need this crap in my life when I am hitting damn near 60....well 59 in Dec but hell 60 is right there ya know LOL oh well...

over and out and be good everyone
  #1883   ^
Old Sun, Oct-25-20, 06:37

BF:

Good Morning!

Last night I would have sworn that I wasn't going to play golf in the cold, but this morning I really want to go play. It is only in the 40's....I am crazy in the head. At least there is no wind today. I'm going to check in with my friend around 9 and see what she thinks. She's nearly as crazy as I am. We both bought winter golf gloves....seems like we should try them out.

Jaz.....so, back to the drawing board as far as plans for Dec. onward? I'm with Trig......head thee back to the beach!

Trig....sorry you're having to fight with DD over the school work. I'm sure all the kids are figuring out ways around the online stuff. Kids are crafty!

Nic.....can't wait to hear all about your adventures in Memphis. I have never been to that area of the country. You'll need to fill us in about Graceland! Maybe you'll see the ghost of Elvis roaming around!

Well....still deciding what to do about golf. I'm leaning toward giving it a try and we can always quit if we're too cold or whatever. Texting my friend now....ok...she's says let's do it.....we ain't afraid of no cold!
  #1884   ^
Old Sun, Oct-25-20, 07:09

BF:

Good Sunday Morning- Yup Sunday!

Trig- Yup you are getting same weather I am getting. We are only a 3 hour ish different now in location and weather.
Hey if you are looking for a change in scenery I have a basement here in bum Fuk nowhere I am vacating!!!!
Cool part about basement living- it was storming like mad outside, and I heard nothing!
This entire week is supposed to be gray and damp....... sighhhh I would take sparkly white snow over damp and cool. Damp and cool just goes to your bones.

Oh.....so you had me rolling over the "system" your kiddo has for getting out of work. Good on you for putting down the hammer and making her do all the work. Good life lesson there. People don't get successful but doing things half way. I know NIC had those issues with DS18 last year.

Yup I sure hear ya on not wanting to deal with school stuff at our age. I agree!!!!
She is a freshman right? Sux this virus has robbed our kids of school experience, part of it is socialization and peer pressure too. It isn't all bad. But not everyone can do ONLINE. Even the work from home has to be so diligent, too easy to get distracted.

NIC- How are the plans coming along? When is actual leave date and how long are you staying?!?!
I love to hear about vacay plans!

Yup- I know your family will be Covid careful!! - we all have to be!

Did you get your ballot issue worked out?

Lori-- are you getting this rain yet????? I get you wanting to keep active in the winter months. It IS hard to get motivated to get out when it is so cold!!!
I have tried a few You tube but have yet to find one I really like. I get pretty bored.
I know that some people are doing their work outs "live: on FB- but I don't do FB so I am outta touch with all of that.
I think I am the only one that doesn't do FB.

Whats up then for today?

BLUE-- ok time to come back......
-----------------------------------------------------------------
So last night just as I was ready to close the laptop I punched in a different word- remote/ anywhere USA, and a bunch of positions popped up. I applied for 7 jobs. None of them really excite me- but they are remote and I can then pick a cute spot to set up camp for a bit, and get insurance.

NIC- You are right, I can't see myself in this stage of life "settling down" for more than maybe a couple years tops. Then the time to go bug hits me and I need to go try something else.
Maybe it is because I was married and stuck for 30 years and never got the opportunity to do MY thing. I was too busy supporting the family and being a mom.

Now I can do what I want when I want and healthy enough to go..... you bet. I am really embracing that part of me that wants to experience new places and spaces and it's ok I do it single! I have met some amazing people in my journeys and can strike up a conversation with anyone.

Pre-Covid I would think nothing of popping up a chair beside someone at the bar (in a restaurant) and chat it up.
I met a lady in DE that way who ended up taking me sightseeing and to the island of wild horses. Single does not mean lonely, although in Covid it is a bit trickier, and living in a basement!!! HAHAHA- That is about to come to an end!

So I ran across a corporate housing website. They office some furnished housing short term options in some REALLY cute places and spaces.
I found 3 here in the area near the kids!
So apparently "They" go into upscale apt communities and furnish an apt then rent it out for travelers. I am checking them out Monday.
Yes a bit more pricey than the basement........ hahahah... OMG This is one I won't forget. Take me back to my granite counter tops and soaker tubs and hardwood floors with SUNLIGHT!!!!
Soon!!!!

I am thinking... that though the holidays I will stay here in the area. I spent last year at this time I was in DE and worked the holidays. So I do want to be close to family.
That being said, come Jan. My birthday month I am going to beach it for a month.

If I am working or not working I saw 2 places to rent in St. Simon for Jan/Feb. That is where I am thinking until Spring after the holidays.
Remote / anywhere USA means just that!!!!!

I can't think of a better way to welcome Spring than on a beach- can you TRIG??????

My sausage/ egg bake was 4.5 stars- add hot sauce!!!!
LC sloppy Joe- always a yum yes please.
I have enough of both to last today and tomorrow, so the scallops are on hold. They are still in freezer anyway, but my bacon thawed.
Something to look forward too.

Yesterday total carbs- under 10 total.
Movement.workout: 5 min.

I will be posting this going forward- I want true accountability to both. I have not really been truly counting carbs but eyeballing. So I am tightening that up.

So daily goals- just 2
20 total carbs a day
20 minutes of moving doing anything , walking, dance, stretching, moving......

back later.......

EDIT- BTW- St. Simon today SUNSHINE and 84....... not making that up- supposed to be that way all week! I would so be at the pool this afternoon, after my beach walk....... Holy hanna.....

Last edited by Jaz66 : Sun, Oct-25-20 at 07:18.
  #1885   ^
Old Sun, Oct-25-20, 08:39

BF:

Hi all!

Lori- LOLOLOL a frozen fish stick! I love that! So funny!

Curious as to whether you are golfing today or not. It is too wet here today for that!

Jaz- I like how you are able to shift gears and think through different options and possibilities.

How exciting for your son that his offer was accepted! So now BOTH your kids are homeowners! Can you remind me of their ages again? I know you and I are only a couple of years apart but your kids seem so much older than mine.

It will be nice for you to spend the holidays with both of your kids.

So are you thinking you will move from the 'basement' to the corporate place through December? Will you stay for November where you are or just cut your losses and move? I'd be inclined to do that and count it as "learning tax." And then St Simons again for January? OMG I am so jealous of that!

Blue- I was wondering if you guys are getting snow soon too, with our weather wet and chilly today. Seems like it is getting to be near about that time, maybe? Are you guys gonna decorate for Christmas? I am thinking I want to get our tree up early again this year. Maybe in a couple of weeks? I love the lights so much!

Trig- Oh girl, I was exactly where you are with the schooling this, and your kid is thinking about school and assignments and teachers EXACTLY like mine did. I so get it!

You are being stricter than I was but he was in his Sr. year and was my third and I was giving up. LOL

All I can say is buckle up because it was exhausting. I am glad to be finished with that shiz!

••••••••••

Brrrr! Chilly today and rainy too. Seasonal, I guess, although a bit on the cold side.

WALKING CHALLENGE COMPLETE! I hit 38 miles yesterday with a hike in the woods so 35 miles was met and surpassed. Yay, go me! Now to look toward November...

BALLOT IS IN!! Got my replacement ballot at the Board of Elections, filled it in while sitting in my car and put both mine and DS18's in the lock box. Done! I was SO GLAD to vote this year!

Picking up DS22 around 1. He called me yesterday and needs to come and vote in person. He's going to stay for a couple/few days. He might as well! I think he is not really feeling college this semester... Emily is not there, senioritis, no in person classes etc. He's ready to move on.. and that will mean moving back here!

I have been thinking about that and especially so if DS18 decides to stay home another semester- I will set some parameters in place for certain things. With DS18 it will be room care and cleaning of his space. DS22 is a total neatnik so not too concerned about him in that area. But just general stuff. I really don't want to go too far back in time with caring for ALL the things. Thing is, they don't ask that of me at all and comply with what I ask of them. I just tend to fall in the role myself, you know? It is more my issue to deal with than theirs.

Trying to imagine what life will look like post mid-December. By then I will have finished up with my current client and I have no further clients in place yet, and they may well be very hard to find with the current C19 climate. I need to think about other things to focus on during the post-Holiday period so I don't get frustrated and sad while it is dark and cold. There are tons of folks looking for "a nanny for their child, who will be 3 months in January" type of thing but I'm moving away from that in my current situation, you know? I'm looking for newborn work, not infant work. And honestly, with my back being janky for the past two weeks, they start getting heavy by four months, at least some of them do! And more opinionated too! The chunker I am working with now is tipping 17 pounds!

For meals this week I am thinking Breaded pork tenderloin, steak sandwiches, chicken wings. I'll make some soup of some sort for myself- maybe a chicken enchilada type soup with the leftover rotisserie chicken. I also have a couple of pieces of salmon for my lunches, along with leftover crab legs that I will eat today.
  #1886   ^
Old Sun, Oct-25-20, 12:43

BF:

BACK- I so forgot I am in Bible Belt- nothing is open or happens on a Sunday in the south! I might as well go plop down and turn on a game or Netflix......

Had to do a FAST run for water and dog biscuits - god forbid!!! Took her with me for a Sunday drive to store. I tossed on a sweat shirt and said to hell with bra....... I just don't give a flying rip....
Although I did stick on foundation- huge effort........ and lipstick.... :lol; Although nobody saw lipstick under a mask!

NIC- - yum yum yum on the soup!!!!!!
I stopped in store and ended up picked up 2 HUGE Springer mountain chicken bone in breast for 3.50 I have in oven right now. One is for me, one is for Bella. So I will see if I "like" and eat chicken again.

Love your left over Salmon!!!!

38 MILES!!!!!!!!!!! :whoot: :whoot:
I so get your falling back into a caregiving pattern with having "kids" home. You just do.... I do too when my son comes, I just cook, and clean and all that.
When with DD- I help with kids, cooking laundry,,,,,,,,,, yea...... Seems so natural and then I am whipped!!!!! But your will be living with you!
I can leave and yours are staying. - Definite family meeting on who does what and goes where.

I guess my BIGGEST concern with all that is where the "kids" go, who they are with and what they are exposed to. I am SUPER paranoid right night with Covid 2.0 It is crazy. When I see people our age and less dropping like flies and get concerned.

I watched a news clips yesterday of this collage student - sad because a friend of her died at 18, say well "we thought it was only for OLDER FOLKS". Like they don't give a flying rip for us..... but god forbid an 18 passes......... Not making light..... just annoyed at selfish of younger people if it doesn't apply to them . SIGHHHHH
Sorry........ soap box again.
I had to have this conversation with MY kids.
Not OK to to just be "out" and then let the kids come and kiss and hug me.
One case of Covid and I am done $$$$ and physically. Basic cold for them.

Anyway, moving on..... I am sure you will figure out how to deal with kids back home. It is unpresedented times!!!!!

Your dinners sound amazing as usual!!!!!!! Are you at goal?
BTW- did you go to your doctors appt for the face issue? I am personally interested in how it works. May want to go there at some point my self. It is amazing what a Derm appt can do these days!!!!!

Heard OUS playing need to jump off here and find the game!!!!
Ravens playing?

Oh- DD is 30/ DS is 32- both now with homes and settled....... They aren't that much older than your kids. I am NOT much older than you!!!!! I just had to grow up quicker and street smart...... makes me older!!!! HAHAHAHAH

LORI how was golf?

Trig
- Status!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA

EDITED UPDATE: MISSED THE GAME BY A DAY..........

Last edited by Jaz66 : Sun, Oct-25-20 at 12:53.
  #1887   ^
Old Sun, Oct-25-20, 13:27

BF:

Home from golf, nice hot shower & cup of hot coffee in my hand. Ahh.....The day turned out so, so nice. It was only in the 40's.....near 50 when we finished, but the sun came out and sky was blue. I wore 2 layers on top plus a puffy vest and I was plenty warm. I just wore insulated running pants and heavier than normal socks. All good. Plus...I played really well.

We're supposed to play tomorrow, but I think we're going to get rained out. No biggie.....just so glad that we got to play today. I still have to make that dang applesauce!

Hope it's been a good Sunday for everyone!
  #1888   ^
Old Mon, Oct-26-20, 05:16

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

omg damn near no sleep

doggie went into seizure cluster mode from like 1 AM til now still....had about 9 so far. NORMAL for a cluster attack for him but it is disheartening to say the least and ya feel for them and there ain't much one can do on it all.

will call vet later but I know she will say....NOW HE needs to go to a neurological vet for head scans and more and I ain't going there at all. She will say if he is blowing thru the meds we can do bloodwork and check meds etc and maybe up dose etc.

so we shall see

I told kid at like 2:30 to go to sleep for school, I would volunteer as the dog watcher. omg

hubby snoring like a maniac, he took Advil PM or something stuff and knocked his azz out.

won't function well today

back later when I can think and chat up with ya'll.
ugh
  #1889   ^
Old Mon, Oct-26-20, 06:12

BF:

Good Morning!

Oh Trig.....so sorry that you had such a rough night with the poor doggo. I can't imagine how hard it is to watch that and nothing you can do. ((Hugs))

DH & I were both awake early(5:15) so we just got up. Cat went out at 4, but I couldn't really get back to a sound sleep. Anyway, we started making applesauce and had 5 containers finished and dishes done by 7:30. The containers are cooling and will hit the freezer later today.

I don't think I'll be playing golf today. Drizzling rain and chilly....not fun. I'll just hang out and enjoy a relaxing day. DH has to take Betty to a Dr. appt this afternoon and then they'll stop somewhere for a quick dinner. I may hit up the grocery store later....we'll see. I have to get some stuff for lunch tomorrow as one of the guys DH used to work with is coming for a visit. He'll be here at lunch time, so I want to have some nice things to put out. Nothing fancy....but more than we usually have around at lunch time.

Just cancelled golf plans. We'll play again Saturday when hopefully the sun is shining, but it'll still be cool. Bundle up!

I'll be back later to check on you all!
  #1890   ^
Old Mon, Oct-26-20, 06:18

BF:

Trig- Aw, poor Bolt. I'm so sorry.. for him and for you guys that have to see that and go through it with him. Let us know what the vet says.

Jaz- yeah, the whole exposure thing is hard. None of my kids are running wild but at the same time they are not completely isolated either. Nor am I, or my husband either. We do take precautions but, I don't know, it's a fine line, ya know?

Ah, 30 and 32. Yeah, that is not a lot of years older than my eldest (at 25) but a world of difference in developmental life years still. I think things start to even out somewhere in the 30s and then from there it doesn't seem to matter.

Lori- Yay for golf going so well and being warm enough to play! We had rain yesterday and it is still really wet out there today. I'm glad you didn't have rain yesterday.

•••••••••

Up early for me, well not up that early but out early- leaving the house at 8:45 to work with el bebe. His mama has a dentist appointment this morning. I'll finish with them at 1, then will hopefully go to the chiropractor if I can move my appointment that is supposed to be tomorrow, and then do a grocery pick up. That will be my day. I have a busy M-W this week.

DS22 is here and it is always nice to have him swing through. When I went to bed last night the boys were hanging out together downstairs. Always glad to see that also.

DS22 told me on the way home that the pendulum has swung and he now likely WILL be in NYC come February. So I guess I will just wait and see what develops. It could be they are both here, none of them are here.. who knows! I will just see how things unfold and stop trying to predict it!

Turning my thoughts toward November and what goals I want to have in place. I am thinking of doing a "21 days to slay" which will take me up to when we head out to Memphis.

That's about it from here. On track and doing fine, with the exception of the fact that I think I am getting another cold sore. Ugh, I guess maybe my body is fighting something? Annoying and for once I will be glad to wear a mask!