Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories > Milestones
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jun-25-08, 20:12

Plan: '72 Atkins ROCKS! :D
Stats: 208.5/164.6/173 Female 5'10"
BF:Size: 18/10/10
Progress: 124%
Default Can you say hourglass?

For the first time ever... and this includes way back when I was at my lowest weight.... I have a waist!

I am the apple of all apples. I spent years and years complaining that jeans need to stop going in at the waist because *I don't*! I figured it would always be that way because half my family looks like this.

Well guess what...

As of my measurements this morning... my chest and hips are exactly the same. My waist is now 6.5" smaller than either one.

LC + pilates is a farking life saver!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jun-25-08, 20:17
Dazed and Confused

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 170/132/135 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 109%

Yay!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jun-26-08, 08:25
I've decided

Plan: LC
Stats: 235/137.6/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:haven't a clue
Progress: 93%

This is really good news!

Congratulations - I loved how you phrased it too - that it's the combination of LC and the Pilates. That signature of yours explaining when the Pilates started and the difference it's made for you is very helpful to others too - exciting!!!

Just out of curiosity - what's your average carb and calorie intake these days?

I have a funny feeling that when you combine exercise with a decent eating plan - the weight loss speeds up. This flies in the face of other things we might read around here, but I know that when I was going to the gym regularly (before I gained all this weight) I could eat a lot more, and with no negative effects.

In the meantime though, congratulations!!!!!

Keep up the great work - you're on your way.

Sara
PS - imagine how much fun it'll be to shop for fall clothes this year
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jun-26-08, 09:51

Yay! Thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citruskiss
I loved how you phrased it too - that it's the combination of LC and the Pilates.

Oh I totally had to phrase it that way. I credit pilates with so much.. maybe even most of the loss. When I think about how long I was stalled and then to see the drop since I've started it... oh it's a world of difference!

(BTW: I found another fun pilates dvd... if you have a walmart near you, let me know. $9 and totally rockin' for beginners)

I ran my averages on fitday and it said for the past two weeks I averaged 1534 cals/day. Looking at individual days, it looks like I hang out somewhere between 1400 and 1500 ... but then there was one day where I hit 2353 (this was the day of the peach debacle I mentioned in the Glutamine thread... you can see where my cravings took me ) and then yesterday I was just so not hungry I only hit 1190. Add in a few calories per day of black coffee + stevia... I never care enough to add my coffee into fitday. It's the only thing I let myself slide on.

My carbs tend to fall around 20... highest was 38 (total, not net). I can't really go much higher than that or I feel sick.

..and you know, I actually get to shop for fall clothes this year too! Moving to Pac NW shortly and they actually have fall! Four seasons worth of clothes here I come!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jun-26-08, 10:28
Dazed and Confused

BF:

Isn't Pilates like the old Callanetics? I've been too into swimming lately to do anything else.

Congratulations on your success!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jun-26-08, 10:42

I've actually never tried callanetics, but I was looking at a thread on it in the beginner exercise forum and I think they said it was different.

Maybe you can tell me This shows you part of a beginner winsor pilates workout. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiofMIbEJeA It does get harder than that, but it should give you an idea. Is it similar?
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jun-26-08, 10:47
Dazed and Confused

BF:

It looks pretty similar to me and they both have yoga-type elements. But I'm no expert.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Jun-26-08, 12:07

Plan: Generic low carb
Stats: 212/167/135 Female 66.75
BF:
Progress: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by anyway...
For the first time ever... and this includes way back when I was at my lowest weight.... I have a waist!

Wow!! That's great! I want my waist back. There was a time - many, many years ago - when I had a 22" waist. I swear. All that ended with my first child, of course. I know I'll never get that small again, but it would be nice to just be able to tuck in my blouse again, lol.

Congratulations!!!!!
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Jun-26-08, 12:09
Getting Healthy!

Plan: General LC
Stats: 213/169/166 Female 5' 8.5"
BF:
Progress: 94%

Congratulations, anyway... That's wonderful. Based on your recommendation, I'm going to give Pilates a try. I've been hearing good things about it around here for years.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Jun-26-08, 21:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyLC
Wow!! That's great! I want my waist back. There was a time - many, many years ago - when I had a 22" waist. I swear. All that ended with my first child, of course. I know I'll never get that small again, but it would be nice to just be able to tuck in my blouse again, lol.

Congratulations!!!!!

Thanks! And *fingers crossed* for you! You will so get that blouse tucked in! Heck if I can lose my apple shape, anyone can

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynC
Congratulations, anyway... That's wonderful. Based on your recommendation, I'm going to give Pilates a try. I've been hearing good things about it around here for years.

Oh yay! I hope it works for you! If you need some specific recommendations, I listed the couple of dvds I've been using in my journal (two different posts - from today and the 24th)
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Jun-26-08, 22:08

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%

Wow that is terrific! Congrats on your progress. I actually have that Windsor tape and have probably only done it once...

Based on the short time that you did it that is exciting! I must go and pull it out You see, my waist seemed to have disappeared a year ago and I can't seem to find it!

Congrats again!

TJ

Last edited by skeeweeaka : Thu, Jun-26-08 at 22:27.
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-08, 13:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 175/167.8/115 Female 5' 2"
BF:
Progress: 12%

Hi! First off, congrats...and how do you do pilates? Do you take classes or did you buy DVDs/books or what...I'm thinking about getting into it.
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-08, 14:01

Stats: 175/167.8/115 Female 5' 2"
BF:
Progress: 12%

Oops, sorry, didn't see the whole thread.
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-08, 12:12

Stats: 168/128/130 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 105%

Congrats on your success. I have been doing something simular and I bought my first bikinni in years. Not to shabby for having had a baby in my fourtys. The windsor pilates is what I have been using and it is very simular to the calastenics(sp?) I did in gym many many many years ago. Its funny how these things cycle back as something new . I also added weight lifting and 45 minutes of hardcore cardio to my routine.