Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Food Combining
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Oct-09-09, 17:51

Plan: Somersize
Stats: 291.5/259/135 Female 66 inches
BF:off the scale
Progress: 21%
Default The Somersize Diet, Anyone?

Hi!

I am looking for anyone doing the Suzanne Somers diet. It is doing wonders for me and would like to find support for it!

Hugs,
Jimsbride
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Oct-10-09, 03:47

Plan: Food Combining
Stats: 220/175/154 Male 5feet5inches
BF:?/27.5%/19.6%
Progress: 68%

Hi Jimsbride,

Welcome to the food combining corner of the board. There are people here doing various interpretations of food combining but the truth is they are all similar. I have got Suzanne Somer's book EAT GREAT LOSE WEIGHT here. The plan is similar to Montignac's eat youself slim which is a French plan. Interestign as Ms Somers was influenced by a stay in France.

Anyway you will find help and support here from all your fellow food combiners.

Good luck on your journey. Feel free to visit my journal anytime

Robert
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Oct-19-09, 02:49

Plan: Atkins NANY
Stats: 210/195/110 Female 164
BF:
Progress: 15%

Well, Im not on it, but I would love to hear how you doing. Its always great to hear bout ppl doing well on programmes. Im on scarsdale
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Oct-24-09, 16:45

Plan: General LowCarb
Stats: 204/200.5/170 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 10%

I did Somersize years ago and lost 20 pounds in 6 weeks. It was hard but I did it.

I am doing a modified version of it now myself. I'm eating the foods but not doing the combining part. I imagine I won't lose as much as fast but I just feel more free when I can have a low carb wrap with meat in it.

Good luck on it! Let me know if you need any hints or tips as I pretty much know everything there is to know about it!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Nov-11-09, 09:54

Plan: Somersize
Stats: 291.5/259/135 Female 66 inches
BF:off the scale
Progress: 21%

Thank you everyone. Right now I have to be very consistent on the combing rules! It does work for me but the 3 hours between meals and the less carbs/grains I eat, the more I lose. So any encouragement in them areas is greatly appreciated!

Jimsbride
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jan-02-11, 03:14

Plan: food comb/atkins influenc
Stats: 185/161/140 Female 175cm
BF:
Progress: 53%

Hi there, came across this old thread. Just wondering if anyone had any success. I myself did this 2 years ago and lost weight quite qickly - about 7 kilos in 3-4 weeks but found i hit a plateau and lost my mojo. I found my old somersize book and am going to give it another whirl seeing as I am going on holiday this Feb to the beach - would love to wear some nice summer dresses - a bikini might be too ambitious at this stage.

Anyway be great to hear from any combiners
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Apr-29-11, 18:50

Plan: carbaddict/foodcombining
Stats: 185/172.5/150 Female 5ft 9in
BF:
Progress:

Did food combining on Judy Mazel's revised book, and while also reading Marilue Henner and Suzanne Somer's book before I got started. I've started Judy's book,"The New Beverly Hills Diet" almost 4 weeks ago and I've lost 12.5lbs. I've only done 2-3 all fruit days and finish out the day with a carb or protein meal to feel better. I like her book because of her daily support pages on each day. I started out on carbohydrate addicts diet for a week but then we were moving people into their house and food was brought in and it was diffilcult and I ate the KFC. If I was food combining I may have not to the weight loss part but still follow rules and guidelines. This structure give me alot of variables to play with and nothing is forbidden. Are you still food combining?