Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > PCOS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Dec-04-08, 14:29

Plan: 000
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 000
BF:
Progress: 906%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzend001
Ive been on metformin for about a month now and doing moderately low carb and cheating and eating carby snacks more often than I should. I have lost about 4 lbs even cheating and not exercising at all. Im not diabetic but i was diagnosed insulin resistant. I havent had my period naturally in about 5 years and Im only 20 years old. I feel so great when I do low carb. When I do snack on carby stuff, I instantly feel like crap, which lets me know that low carb is the way to go. Also, I know I wouldnt lose weight without the metformin. I have a 6 month stall at 231lbs and have dropped 4 pounds after starting metformin. Contrary to some of the other people on this board, for the first time in my life I actually DONT feel hungry. Metformin and low carbing will hopefully be my ticket to success.

Yes, it would! I am IR and have found by eating LC I not only lose wieght but am never hungry and feel like a new person! Sounds like you have PCOS as well, with no periods. At your age, you definitely should be. IMHO, stay away from LC snacks and avoid all cheats. It will only lead you to overeat and slow your progress! Thank God, you discovered your IR now while you are so young and not later in life. You can reverse it and avoid diabetes which is truly dangerous.

Good luck!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Dec-05-08, 13:00
Registered Member

Plan: blah
Stats: 111/111/111 Female 78
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default Than ks

Thanks for the response.
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Dec-05-08, 14:34

Plan: 000
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 000
BF:
Progress: 906%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzend001
Thanks for the response.

You're welcome, it's been a long haul for me and pretty scary discovering I had IR and having to take meds. But I know losing weight, exercising and eating LC for the rest of my life will definitely keep diabetes A W A Y !