Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Breakfast Ideas
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 14:44
ArtificiallyFlavored

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/252/200 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 13%

Ok... I tried them... OMG... My 4 year old helped me make them and we added blueberries. SO GOOD. I forgot to add the 1 tsp baking powder like I meant to, but they were still really good. I didn't find them eggy or porky (perhaps the blueberries helped some.) I've got two cooling on the counter to be frozen so I can see how they do in the toaster. That is if kiddo and I don't decide on seconds first. LOL. I will be making this again for sure!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Mon, Dec-01-03, 19:46

Stats: 219/170/135 Female 5foot 6 inches
BF:
Progress:
Thumbs up yummy

Truly enjoyed the waffles!! I'm dying to share them with my family back home!
Kat
  #33   ^
Old Mon, Dec-15-03, 20:14
Contributing Member

Plan: ZONE
Stats: 236/224/135 Female 5ft 5inches
BF:
Progress: 12%

All I can say is yummmmmy! My mouth loved the texture and I will add more cinnamon next time.

I made 4 of them with my little waffle iron I ate two and made a sausage sandwhich out of them as
I did not have syrup..it was nice to eat a sandwhich. Do you have any idea how nice it was to eat
a sandwhich,,,I am sure you do. I loved to slapping that butter on something I have
never been able to do.

Now I have SF syrup and tomorrow oh boy waffles!! The real Mc Coy. I think those of you who do not
like them are not making them right...or something. Maybe our tastebuds are different..

My husband thought I had gone off my diet.

Thank you Thank you Thank you...there is a god!!
  #34   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 22:07

Plan: aitkins
Stats: 198/198/143 Female 155cm
BF:
Progress: 0%

I tried the waffles today, only had a 1oz bag of pork rinds, so just mixed up half a batch. They were very good, I did overfill my wafflemaker, only ended up with one big one and a sixth of one.
It's funny because I asked for a wafflemaker for Christmas, now that I started lc I thought I'd never use it again.

And while I like pork rinds when I first read this recipe and Karens pancake one, I thought eeewwww.
  #35   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-04, 13:18
Registered Member

Plan: modified Atkins
Stats: 244/200/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 47%
Default waffles

I got an idea an wooooo hooooo it was good. I made the waffles and then I crunched up a piece or 2 of bacon and sprinkled that right on top of the mixture before I closed the waffle iron. Years ago I had eaten a bacon pecan waffle at a resturant that was really good and I thought . . . Hmmmm pork rind waffles sounds kind of strange, but everyone LOVES them so I will try it! Then I remembered the bacon waffle and the next thing you know I am in the kitchen. These are fabulous! And the bacon puts any thoughts of pork rinds aside. Any porky flavor is due to the bacon! Thanks for this recipe. Now that I have had the nerve to try this, can Pork Rind Cake be far behind?
  #36   ^
Old Mon, Oct-11-04, 11:49

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 215/189/135
BF:
Progress: 33%
Question Portions

Would the waffle recipe be considered a two portion recipe? I know I should eat until satisifed, but knowing approx portions helps me a lot.

Thanks, AnneD
  #37   ^
Old Thu, Oct-14-04, 09:42
Busty McChacha

Plan: atkins
Stats: 304/246.6/175 Female 5 foot 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 44%

ok whats wrong with me. i tried them last night. they looked like waffles. they didnt taste like pork rinds but honestly they didnt taste like waffles either. The texture seemed to be off. Maybe too grainey..but how floury/pancakey can you get with pork rinds? I am not sure how they were supposted to turn out so I dont know if its just me who didnt think they were great or if I in fact did something wrong. They looked like waffles but the taste was off. Am I defeating the low carb purpose if I add more cinnamon or flavorings? I saw somewhere that someone put in baking poder which has 2 carbs per serving? What do you all think? I went out and bought a waffle iron and everything. Last night on sale for 14.99. I love target.
  #38   ^
Old Thu, Oct-14-04, 10:04

Plan: my own
Stats: 151.5/142.0/125 Female 5ft 3.5in
BF:?
Progress: 36%

Eggo now make slocarb waffles.They're pretty good and alot more convenient. Anyone try these?
  #39   ^
Old Thu, Oct-14-04, 10:21

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 215/189/135
BF:
Progress: 33%

I find that Wise brand pork rinds are not so hard, so they grind up better and finer than some of the other brands. I use the flat side of a huge mallet (the kind that's used for flattening chicken breasts) and pound away. It works nicely. I did use a bit more cinnamon and it improved the flavor.
One thing I have decided is that I will only make special low carb recipes maybe once a week. I lose so slowly that I had better keep it simple until I lose way more weight.
  #40   ^
Old Sat, Oct-16-04, 09:56

Plan: protein power
Stats: 194/167/140 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress:
Default waffles

Stormy- I just made your waffles and modified the recipe by adding a small packet- I think it was like 3/4 oz of the vanilla flavored whey protein isolate to the pork rinds. The flavor was just delicious- but they did not get crisp. Did I mess it up by adding the whey protein isolate?
Thanks- Susi

Last edited by susimiller : Sat, Oct-16-04 at 09:58. Reason: couldn't get smilie out
  #41   ^
Old Thu, Oct-28-04, 13:04

Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%

I pulversize my pork rinds in a food processor. And as long as I am doing it, I pulverize an extra bag and keep the leftovers for breading chicken and so forth in a sealed container in the the fridge.
  #42   ^
Old Sat, Nov-06-04, 15:29

Plan: 1
Stats: 110/110/110 Female 111
BF:
Progress: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWRolfe
I pulversize my pork rinds in a food processor. And as long as I am doing it, I pulverize an extra bag and keep the leftovers for breading chicken and so forth in a sealed container in the the fridge.

How long do the pork rinds keep in the frig after processing?
  #43   ^
Old Sat, Nov-06-04, 17:06

Plan: 1
Stats: 110/110/110 Female 111
BF:
Progress: 74%

Ok. I think I am a good cook, but the errors I have made lately!! I think I must be out of practice! When I mixed the batter I assumed the recipe meant 3 ounces...as in directly from the bag! So, I ended up with 4 times what I needed and so added the other ingredients four times! Sooooo, next time I make them I will use 3 ouces of pork rind powder! Oh well! And a bit more nutmeg and they will be perfect! Oh yes, I added a handful of walnuts to the food processor! And a teaspoon of nutmeg! Of course, next time I make them the right way those last two will really add a nice flavor!
  #44   ^
Old Wed, Jun-15-05, 08:58
Clueless. ODAAT.

Plan: Intuitive Eating
Stats: 290.6/290.6/180 Female 5'10"
BF:I do not care!
Progress: 0%
Lightbulb This is now my fave LC bread recipe

People, you gotta make this waffle recipe!

The sweet/cinnamon version is indeed a fabulous LC waffle with syrup and butter. I also made the recipe leaving out the splenda and cinnamon, and adding onion/garlic powder and parsley...and then used the waffles for sandwiches (turkey-bacon club, yum) and for garlic 'bread' with a steak.

The savory version has maybe .75 carb per waffle.

I'll tell you what - I felt like I was being soooooooooo bad when I was munching down on that turkey-bacon club - and I wasn't!!!!
  #45   ^
Old Thu, Nov-03-05, 01:15

Plan: Somersize
Stats: 190/190/140 Female 5feet 5inches
BF:
Progress:

Pork Rinds shall deliver us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Stormy