Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-03, 17:11
Run Spot, run!

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 168/151/150 Female 67 inches
BF:32%/27ish%/21-25%
Progress: 94%
Default Wheatstone Frozen Waffles

Yesterday at my local Ukrops I found Wheatstone Organic Frozen Toaster Waffles. Seach the sidebar at their website for a store near you. I paid $3.99 US for a package of 8.

The box claims that they have 6.5g of carbs for the blueberry flavor (the homestyle and cinnamon have 7) - but they also do not subtract the fiber, so each blueberry waffle really has 5.5g of carbs. The waffles also have 4g of protein.

I toasted mine this morning and found it quite enjoyable. It got crispy on the outside, but the inside remained light and fluffy. Fluffier than those Eggo brick-like discs of your HC days (and without the weird chemical aftertaste of Eggos!). In fact, the interior reminded me of a fresh Belgian waffle. Size-wise they are not scaled down - just a normal sized toaster waffle. I did not put syrup on the waffle, as I've yet to find a pancake syrup that impresses me taste-wise. So, needless to say, they are quite tasty with just a bit of butter an a smidgen of Splenda. My daughter, who is three, liked them too - of course she had a bit of Mrs. Butterworths for dipping.

Nice to have around for on-the-go breakfast or snacks. Would probably make a nice base for some LC berries and fresh whipped cream.

For those of you with sensitivities, the waffles do contain wheat, egg and soy products.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Aug-13-03, 20:13
Registered Member

Stats: 224/185/160 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 61%

They have a Wild Oats Market that should carry them here in Indy, 86th & College. I will definetly try them!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Sep-13-03, 18:56

Plan: atkins
Stats: 279.6/273/140 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 5%

I had the blueberry this morning and they were VERY GOOD! A little Log Cabin sugar free syrup and I was set to go.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Sep-20-03, 08:26
Registered Member

Stats: 224/185/160 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 61%

Wild Oats only had the cinnamon, but I toast them with cinnamon/splenda butter and then add cream cheese and broil it. Tastes like the Gooey Buns from Le Peeps
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Sep-21-03, 22:48
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lperk002
Yesterday at my local Ukrops I found Wheatstone Organic Frozen Toaster Waffles. Seach the sidebar at their website for a store near you. I paid $3.99 US for a package of 8.

The box claims that they have 6.5g of carbs for the blueberry flavor (the homestyle and cinnamon have 7) - but they also do not subtract the fiber, so each blueberry waffle really has 5.5g of carbs. The waffles also have 4g of protein...

...For those of you with sensitivities, the waffles do contain wheat, egg and soy products.

Just to clarify, Wheatstone makes both Organic and Low Carb frozen waffles. The ones being discussed here are the Low Carb waffles. The webpage is pretty clear on that (though the Ingredient List on the Low Carb is very "clean" as well, looks like a good product).
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Sep-22-03, 01:52

Plan: HCG/LCHF
Stats: 224/201/190 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%

Just thought I'd mention that Nature's Edge Vitamin Store, 1733 H Street in Blaine WA, carries these waffles. I saw them there, but didn't take the plunge... I had already spent WAY too much!!