Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories > Milestones
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-08, 06:49
at peace with myself

Plan: Healthy choices
Stats: 201/191.6/144 Female 5 ft 8n
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default pleased yet horrified

I have now lost 8 lbs which brings me down to my pregnancy weight with daughter 10 years ago.

When I ballooned to 185 during pregnancy (55 lbs) I was just horrified. I had to work really hard to stay somewhat thin. It was a battle to just get 5-10 lbs off (I was lowfat/ high carb at the time)

185 is the weight where I gave up. I knew I would never really be able to get all of that weight off. I pretended that I would, but in my heart I knew.

For the past 10 years I bounced around from 179-166. I reached my lowest once I found low carb (153)...but I did not maintain at all.

I got pregnant again ...went up to 199...but I was taking better care of myself and the baby weight came off..back down to 176.

I hit a horribly emotional and stressful time in my life and stopped paying attention. Once I started paying attention, I was 193 (with no baby inside!)

So through LC this time I am down to my "give up" weight.....so I am pleased but horrified that I actually was as high as I was. I am happier here than at 193, but I see a long road ahead and I feel sad that I have to find joy in a weight that once scared me to death.

Onward and downward!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-08, 07:36

Plan: Atkins ~ DANDR
Stats: 230/230/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:it is going down!
Progress: 0%

WEll done and keep up the GREAT work!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-08, 09:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/168/140 Female 68.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 7%

I can very much understand where you are at. My baby weights for both my girls were a lot like yours and it's a tough journey that's for sure.

Keep on going and you will get to your goal weight for sure -- YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-08, 12:55

Plan: My own low-carb rules
Stats: 190/180/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 20%

My battle is similar to yours. It's good to know that someone else is going through the up & down rollercoaster of post-baby weight. Thanks for sharing! I know we can all do this! It works, and your progress thus far is inspiring!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jul-15-08, 12:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 168/128/130 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 105%

I am dealing with this right now as well. My baby turned four this month so no more excuses. Keep up the good work and you will get there. A big part of the problem for me is lack of being active when I have a baby around to take care of. It not fun or always possible to drag a baby and a toddler around to do my normal activitys so I tend to stay home more and bake and if I bake I eat.