Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#196   ^
Old Wed, Jun-23-21, 11:40

Plan: DDF, Fung
Stats: 247/209/199 Female 66.5"
BF:kickin it
Progress: 79%

Hey Jeep

Just saw this! Yes, heading out today. Thank you for being so supportive! I will be working hard, so hopefully that will keep me away from the junk foods. When I'm busy, I tend to forget about food.

Yep, I need to have a heart-to-heart with DD about goodies. Bring me some sweet potatoes instead of candy....

We have kayaks now! Maybe she will do some exercise with me, or maybe hubby if he gets his deck project done.

I wanna hear all about everything, when I get back.
Wishing you success and joy, my friend!

TTYL
Sponsored Links
  #197   ^
Old Fri, Jun-25-21, 05:55

Plan: CAD
Stats: 220/217/180 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 8%

Morning CAD people

Weight is staying the same this week, I would like to lose at least 1 pound a week but that’s not happening. I will continue with my RM.....I just can’t seem to get motivated to exercise even though I think I need to if I want to lose.

RM yesterday was a very large bowl of chili with red onions and shredded cheese, sour cream. I’m not sure what I’m having today.

Mojo, kayaks sound fun I’ve never been in one but see so many people in them. Enjoy your holiday with your family.

Later
  #198   ^
Old Tue, Jun-29-21, 06:46

BF:

Morning

I ate a little earlier yesterday around noon, 2 Italian sausages grilled I had lettuce for salad but it didn’t sound good. I think I had a little heat stroke because I was nauseous. I had been working outside and it was warm.

RM today will be cheeseburger w/ checkers fries one of my favorites. I eat a lot of the same things and keep it simple not a fan of cooking. Maybe that salad I didn’t have yesterday also. I don’t like wasting the lettuce and it doesn’t last long this time of year.

Talk soon
  #199   ^
Old Thu, Jul-01-21, 06:28

BF:

Morning

I’m feeling really positive today, raining out so that makes me happy because I have many plants and flowers and I like not having to water each one during a dry spell.

RM today will be a small salad and chicken tenders w/ blue cheese dressing. I’m looking for a good blue cheese dressing made with sour cream. I’m trying to get away from the soybean oil.

Later
  #200   ^
Old Sat, Jul-03-21, 04:33

BF:

Morning

I’m down a pound this week so I’m happy about that. I’ve been eating around noon with hubby home from work. I’ll get back to 1 next week.

RM will be a cheeseburger w/ avocado and red onion, I’m out of my favorite fries so if I’m still hungry I’ll have a hotdog also.

Later
  #201   ^
Old Thu, Jul-08-21, 20:48

Hey Jeep

Back from vacation! Not sure what the damage is yet. Didn't keep to the OMAD, in fact, I just didn't think about diet at all.

Glad you're down another pound

Yes, the kayaks are fun! My sister came over for the day and we went kayaking and laid out on floats and soaked up the sun.....super relaxing. Floating on the lake is my happy place!

I'm gonna be super focused this week, because I've got my nephews wedding coming up and I need to fit into my LBD! (lil black dress) I've got the tan taken care of, but now comes the hard part, losing the weight.

Wish me luck! hahaha

TTYL
  #202   ^
Old Sat, Jul-17-21, 05:10

BF:

Hi all

I haven’t posted in a while because my back went out and it was really bad, spasms and had to sit in a lif chair yuck!!

I’m not doing CAD anymore I’m trying to get inflammation down in my body so I’m attempting very low carb and hoping that will help my back out and to lose more weight because I think that caused the problem also.

Mojo.....hope your vacation and summer are great and you are swimming a lot! We have had so much rain here I just hope my basement doesn’t flood. Enjoy life my friend

Later
  #203   ^
Old Mon, Jul-19-21, 09:15

Hey Jeep

Maybe you can still stop by and say hi on our thread even though you're not sticking with CAD. I'm leaning towards lower carb as well. My weight is higher than ever. 239 today.

Hubby is at the cottage this week, getting the flooring installed by a professional. So I won't be going up until the flooring is in.

The wedding was beautiful! Had a wonderful time. Something is making me itchy. Not sure what yet. Just taking my antihistamines, but I would like to figure out what is causing it.

Talk later
  #204   ^
Old Thu, Jul-22-21, 11:53

Hiya Jeep

Thanks for being there. I'm getting upset with myself lately. Don't wanna do anything or go anywhere. I can't fit into my clothing, just wearing my house dresses. I know its a sign of depression. UGH!

Daughter keeps asking me to do things, but I don't want to. She brings fast food home for me, and I eat way more than I should. I'm so weak! Giving in to the bad foods!

Sorry to be a bummer! I don't even want to listen to myself.

Talk soon
  #205   ^
Old Fri, Jul-23-21, 05:27

BF:

Hey girl

Listen mojo…… you will just have to start on a new plan! You are a great lady and your just in a slump right now, if you can come up with a plan to just get you started then you can tweak it later. You will immediately be happier and start doing more because you have something your working toward. Ok?

I’ve been off the rails myself lately so I’m trying a plan call Carb Nite, I was eating ZC till my carb Nite but I’m finding it to restrictive so I’m going with the original plan of 30 carbs a day then on the weekend taking one day and eating whatever I want

I was thinking of starting a new thread to see if anyone wanted to try it out with me but I wanted to get some time on it first to see if it is going to work.

I want you to get out of the house dress and put on your tight clothes so you will be motivated to get started. If you want to join me that would be great! Or maybe you can get back to your fasting OMAD you were losing so well with that!

Care about you girl , please think about what I’m saying to you, you got this

Talk soon
  #206   ^
Old Fri, Jul-30-21, 19:23

Thanks Jeep

How are you doing? Is the back better? Sticking with this OMAD, but I'm getting better about eating healthier. No more chips, dips, candy, cake, cookies, etc. Having a cut-off every day, where I won't eat anything past that time has helped.

What is this Carb Nite? Have you already started it? Zero or even 30 carbs a day is very restrictive, but if it works, its worth it. Let me know how it goes, and I may join you.

Thanks for listening and being there girl! I care about you too!
Talk soon
  #207   ^
Old Thu, Aug-26-21, 06:09

BF:

I’m back to CAD, it’s been a while since I posted I hope everyone is doing good!

I’m having my RM for dinner during the week and mostly for lunch on the weekends. I find that easiest to plan for meals with family but I will do dinner on occasion.

I didn’t eat the greatest last night it is so hot here, I had a rib eye steak, a salad w/egg, cheese, red onion and celery and blue cheese dressing and cheddar potato chips. I was going to have my favorite checkers fries but it was to hot in the house to cook them. We have central air but I had it off because I was swimming in the pool all day. When I started to cook the electric went out and it was 83 in the kitchen…..not even a fan. Luckily it came on about half way thru my meal.

I haven’t weighed myself in a while I don’t know what to expect maybe tomorrow if I can remember before I get dressed. I always weigh in my pj’s

Later
  #208   ^
Old Thu, Aug-26-21, 10:48

Hey Jeep

So glad to see you posting! I'm not able to contact you because you don't have a journal. You're welcome to visit mine tho anytime.

I didn't realize you had a pool! How fun! It has been extremely hot here too and I've been avoiding mowing the lawn. We have been spending almost every weekend at the cottage and there is no air conditioning there. So we jump in the lake when its hot.

My regular home has central air though. I don't know how we ever did without it back in the day. I'm making a meatloaf for lunch/dinner with swiss cheese that needs to get ate. I froze like 2 lbs of it and expires soon. Got any good recipes that use alot of swiss cheese?

Anywho, my diet has definitely been on hold, but I need to get back to it. Haven't eaten anything today so far, but had water and zero sugar lemonade.

Miss talking to you girl! Welcome back!
  #209   ^
Old Fri, Aug-27-21, 08:44

BF:

Hi Mojo

I weighed in this morning my weigh is the same as it’s been, but I’m happy because I thought it was going to be supper high! I’ve been eating off plan for a while and that’s definitely not good. I need some rules I tell ya!!

Glad your taking advantage of the weather and going to the cottage because fall is on the way. Hubby stopped into Home Depot yesterday and said they had snow blowers all put together out front of the store. Wow to soon for that…. Did hubby get your porch all done?
We haven’t been at the camp to darn hot 🥵 we stay there more in the spring and fall.

Yes we love the pool but don’t have a heater for it so really can only use it a few months a year. I’ve been pushing for a hot tub so we can use it all year

Had a very large pork burrito for yesterday RM w/avocado sour cream lettuce salsa was delicious got so full. Swiss cheese is not something I eat but it’s hubby’s favorite cheese. I don’t know what to do with it but I hope you found a way to eat it up, I hate to waste also. Wow you made a meatloaf! I guess we both cook once in a while lol

Talk soon girl
  #210   ^
Old Fri, Aug-27-21, 10:15

Hiya Jeep

I'm starting to weigh every day again too! I'm at 237 today. Not too bad. Your right, I should pick a plan and stick to it. I'm using cronometer again and choosing the keto plan with CAD. My reward will not be sugary anymore, it will be potato, rice, fries, and bread.

I loved using the pool when we were in Tahiti. It was in-ground and had a heater. Called it a plunge pool, but of course, someone else had to maintain it. We went with a cottage on a lake instead of a plunge pool.

I'm glad you didn't gain and just maintained. The struggle is real.
I do cook - I just don't like it!

Talk soon girl