Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1141   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-19, 05:18

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

I am so like Nicco. I am jeans and T shirt type, but I can dig out a better pair of jeans or capris and a nicer shirt for dinner one night. Other than that I will look like a bag lady in a way HAHA Clothes mean nothing to me anymore, sometimes hubby is like, will ya go shop and get something decent, and I am like, nope I don't care. Hey my flannel shirt is decent! heehee, but I will make an effort to bring one decent thing to wear out one night I guess.

Jaz, I get ya. You had it with this job. GO to HR and find out what payback schedule you can do on loan thingy. Maybe small payments back???? One option. Other is to just do your job and don't for one second put on iota of feeling into what other's say one bit. Being just a field nurse is not a bad thing ya know. It doesn't matter cause it is a very honorable job Thing is everyone thinks that you were 'up there' and all and go dumped but it was never about you doing it to yourself. Your company f'd you over point blank. So just let it all go no matter what is said, work your job, bank your money for some type of payoff to the company and work from there. Just breathe and find a solution out. Might take a bit but you can do it!!

Lori, wow on her falling. Almost 90 now. She is like my mom. So independent. But the falling is such a darn biggie for all of them. So glad she wasn't hurt! Just scary thinking about it all.

Blue, it will be nice to chat up all of us together. I think this is the first time we are all wonky at the same time LOL
We all know we can't leave LC but we also are all having to find that one darn plan or way to make it all work long term. I am starting to think it ain't out there for me but I guess I gotta find it, I don't know, who does know? lol

hey all
rain and more rain ugh
just horrible, had sleet coming down yesterday early but changed out to all rain which was nice, no icing overnight.

I stayed on plan yesterday 100% except for 1/2 of a french fry from hubby's plate cause he went to the little fish joint and got them both dinner. I just snatched one fry from the take out and ate 1/2 and threw the other 1/2 out. It means a lot to me that I am almost back in the zone again. I can't live in a carb world, it makes me sicky. Noticeably. Woke up this morning and guts are still off but feeling a bit better.

I go so much good things to eat in this house for ME so I should be ok? I do the ? cause my head is not in the zone just yet. I don't feel strong right now. A pizza in my face I might go off the darn rails again, haha, but I think I can hold my own again.

today is bleck day.
I was thinking a trip but rain is everywhere. I might not bother and Charl. is coming up faster now.

ugh

ok, ya'll be good and chat up later
Sponsored Links
  #1142   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-19, 06:39

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

An early start for me....4AM....dang cat! I was actually awake before 4 and I guess she knew it.....once I'm awake she doesn't let me just lie there too long.

DH will be stopping in to check on his elderly cousin this morning. I half expected to get a call during the night, but we didn't. I'm sure she is very sore from her fall. We are struggling to get her to agree to bringing in help for her. It is beyond time. I'm expecting DH to call me when he gets there and ask me to come up and evaluate whether she needs to be taken to the hospital. She is very resistant to that too. Sigh......

I'm just going to sit here today and wait for the snow to start. We're to get 2-4 inches and then it'll turn to rain/freezing rain. Tomorrow we're supposed to get to 50 degrees! I hope to get outside for a walk tomorrow.

My shoulder is a bit stiff this morning. Between helping to lift Betty off the floor and walking for 1/2 hour at the gym, I probably over did it. When I first started walking yesterday, I could feel it in my shoulder....weird. After a few minutes all was well and I continued on. Maybe I was trying to walk too fast at first?

Jaz......I think Trig has good advice on the job. Only you know what is feasible for you, but life is too short to be so miserable on a daily basis. Wish I had something helpful to add. ((Hugs))

Trig....load up on those yummy LC foods. I'm sure you'll turn the corner soon and get back to yourself. I know the crap weather doesn't help. No telling what I'll get into when the snow starts to fly here in a bit.

Nic...when is your trip to Phoenix? How long will you be there? Hope it warms up out there by trip time. You have been our jet setter girl lately! Love it!

Blue....your post, as usual hits all the right notes. I think our conversations in Charleston will begin over morning coffee and go right thru to wine in the evening. Sounds like heaven to me. It will be a great weekend of doing whatever strikes us at any given moment.

Well, need to throw some bacon in the oven. Such an easy and mess free way to make it.

Later!
  #1143   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-19, 07:26

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

OK- I KNOW Today is Wed. HAHAHAHAHA-

You ladies are the BOMB! In a good way! There is a reason I come here every day and let out the great, good, bad and ugly! NIC- That was the sweetest thing ever to say! Everyone needs a great friend to have a meltdown with! I am lucky I have 4!!!!! - [BLUE[/B] you are SO right that it could get worse. MUCH MUCH worth.
You are also right that none of us want to completely toss in the bowl and go back to the life of........ we all know what that looks and feels like.
I too feel that we are all in a FUNK and it does not feel good. We have always had a cheer leader. Or someone to sorta take the lead for awhile, then pass the reins. Yup!!!!!

That being said I love what BLUE said, and TRIG eluded to. New beginning. You are right! Maybe what worked BEFORE in the PAST- isn't working NOW!
I KNOW that is true for me! I AM tired of maintaining. But off plan- I gain faster than white on rice. Is it fair? NO- but it is my reality. This I know.

I have some thinking to do. In the mean time I am taking the same path as TRIG- - went to the store yesterday and STOCKED up on shrimp, Chicken whole roaster, salmon, chops, and a t-bone. I also bough fresh eggs. I did get LC greens, and cabbage, green beans. I will go light on veggies. I too need to step back into induction. I just have to. I am very black and white in my eating. I am all in- or hog wilder. I wish I could say that is not so..... again it's true for me!

I am ready to wipe away the tears, and get back up. Bloaty and all. I don't regret yesterday. It needed to happen. You can only keep crap bottled in for so long. I needed a huge cry, Mexican (done right), and lots of liquor, and a safe bed to crash in. It was yesterday- today is new and a fresh beginning.

NIC
- I didn't know you were heading to AZ until you wrote about it last couple posts. Was this a spur of the moment trip? Sometimes those are the BEST! So cool you are going to hike! Hopefully the weather will be better than what you have coming your way.
How name boards are you on? So cool you are meeting someone on another board. Are you going by yourself or as the travel partner while the hubby does business? Either way is good! I like the idea of you going with someone. Although I have seen a travel bug in you - with or without someone. Have you hit all fifty yet?

Lori- - I am proud of for also getting back up and heading to the gym! Just goes to prove we are strong women and don't stay down for long!!!!! No we don't. Are you still don't those arm moves? Does your arm hurt? How do you do Yoga one handed?????? Just asking!!!
OMG- I just thought about golf? How will this affect that? It was a random thought! I am sure though you have thought about it!

TRIG- - I totally agree with the advice BLUE gave you! I am taking it too! Go back to what we know. LC 72- and forget the calories and crazy. Just get back on square and build from there. THE WOE wilderness is a terrible place to be. We know for you and I - home is 72- PERIOD. It might not be where we stay. As I know I need to adjust - but it is a great place to begin again!

I agree that there is nowhere to escape this rain within driving distance. We both just need to hang in and look forward to Charleston! It's a little over 2 weeks and that is it!

BLUE-- Once again your post was so right on point in many ways. We are all struggling. But that is why we come here right?Because we are supportive. Sometimes it is just the ear- most times actually.
Honestly this is not our first Rodeo we know what needs to happen! But this is a great place to support, encourage, cry- but at the same token- succeed! THANKS FOR BEING YOU!

I think your plan of 50-60 carbs a day is where your comfort level is and you should go with that. Again a great place to BEGIN AGAIN!!!!
------------------------------------------------
I know that Spring is coming- The trees are budding and my crocus are up. Yet the weather is relentless. But I KNOW it's coming. With Spring for ME it is a time to have a fresh start.
I know I need to get my SH*T together. I have GOT to pull on those big girl britches. It MUST be done.
I am not a wallower. But my gosh- it does seem that just when I think it's good- BOOM.

Yet we go forward. Letting the rear view mirror go! I have work to do- and I am up to the challenge. I might lose a battle here or there- but not the war.

I have 2 visits today. One is again a 2.5 commute each way to the WORST area of Atlanta SW in the pouring rain. It is the commute- not the profession of caring for a patient. Add that to the stress of a area I am not familiar and it's crazy. So I need to come to grips with this IS my reality. I need to suck it up- or make a change and stop whining! I got it. Time for plan B, well now it's c, d, e and maybe F.
I applied for 6 other positions and was turned down for everyone. Yeah......... I got my last NO- yesterday which I think was the icing on the cake so to speak!

So back to the drawing board. Thanks ladies!
I think it will be awesome to share some wine and have honest discussion. Unless you have struggle with weight- you really don't know what it's like. the Yo'Yo - house!
So it will be good!

As far as Rules go for Charleston- I think we all know each other enough to stay off the "hot" buttons. We all respect each other enough to not go there. The rest? IT's a PARTY!!!!!! No judgement zone!!!
  #1144   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-19, 07:30

BF:

Lori- we were cross posting!!!!!

I agree - our conversations will start with coffee and end in wine, or rum, or scotch, pick your poison. Being a no judgment zone I would like to just say............ You know that 12:00 EST- really is 5:00pm PARIS TIME!!!!! Just saying!!!!!!!!!!!
  #1145   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-19, 09:23

BF:

Jaz.......I did NOT do yoga yesterday. Have no idea when I'll be able to try it again. I just went at the end of the class to pop in to let the instructor know why I'm not around anymore.

I have no idea when I'll be able to golf either. The thought of it right now is not on the radar. I can do gentle pendulum swing exercises with my arm hanging down, but cannot lift my arm AT ALL. No pulling or pushing.

So walking and hopefully soon some running will have to be my activity as I rehab this arm.

I think we'll be calling 911 to get DH's cousin to the hospital this morning. He called her and she said she hasn't tried to get out of bed. There is no way she can go on like this. We have been trying to respect her wishes, but the rubber has hit the road now. I think it will be hospital and then probably nursing home. Not the scenario we wanted, but it is what it is. If she can get any mobility back possibly she'll be able to be at home with at home nursing care.....it's all up in the air right now. Sad situation.

Back later.
  #1146   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-19, 11:07

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Wow Lori, at 90 it would be a lot for her to be living alone anyway, not to mention with an injury. Still, I know it is hard for them to give up independence and once they do, the decline tends to set in fast. Hugs to your DH (and you) as you guys work this through with her.

What's your snow situation?

Jaz- Ugh, 2.5 hours each way is just ridiculous, it really is. Once again I suggest podcasts and audiobooks. Do you have Sirius radio? That is another option. I called to cancel them yesterday and instead ending up getting another year at 50% off. Still, I tend to listen to podcasts the most.

Blue- Love your words of encouragement and also just the way that you center us all. You just have that way about you and I know I love it and it works for me!

Trig- Hang in there, Girlie. Sounds like you are feeling stronger and ready to hop back on that train. Good for you!

We are in snow heaven here today. It's my favorite type of snowfall- happening during the daytime, gorgeous to watch, and then will likely be gone by tomorrow because rain is coming later. We've got about three inches so far. School was canceled last night for today so it was perfect in every way.

The Phoenix trip- Going on Wednesday, so a week from today. I am flying my Dad in from TX to keep DS17. They will enjoy the bonding time. I'm tagging along with DH-- enjoying the warmer weather (right now it looks to be in the 70s) and taking a parenting break. Then of course it will be Charleston with you guys and then Gatlinburg in mid-April. The following weekend a quick drop in to Greensboro for a friend's 50th. I really don't want to go, but she came all the way to Florida for my 40th and I sort of feel obligated to do so.

Jaz- the other board is the LC board we were all a part of back when. I stayed connected after you guys fled. lol

Enjoy your day, all. I will definitely be loving this gorgeous snow day! Might be the last really good one of the season.
  #1147   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-19, 19:01

BF:

I sent you all pictures of the place I went to today. I called from the car after I got there and he didn't pick up x 3. Judge me or not I did not get out of the car with so many people milling around either. I just didn't- I don't know if you caught the fact there is a condemned sign on the front door followed by a great big F YOU - sign hanging in the window. Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.........

So the bright end of my day- I am on my way back home and stopped at the library to pick up a few books. Anyway I was standing looking at all the new books- and this lady walked up to me. I had on my nursing jacket so I guess I looked approachable. Anyway - I am reading the cover. "I know her she says". I look up- excuse me? - Oh the author...... Yes I know her quite well. Oh I say..... really? How is that- oh she says we wrote together..... That picture on the back of her is really old and all those beloved dogs have passed. - "oh my" I say. Yes...... she really had a time of it this woman says to me.
By this time I am looking at her front and center. She is a small woman about mid 70's with perfectly Snow White hair pulled back in a small bun and carrying a "writers guild bag on her arm. She is dressed to the tee's. Before I could say another word she says- "enjoy the book- it's a good one" and walks away. Anne Rivers Siddons was the book.......... It truly think it was her. I came home and and found out she lives here! She said she has retired in St. Simon, but still has family in different parts of Atlanta. She is from here.
Just the way she waltzed away and did a giggle........Like I should KNOW who she is........... She saw me leave and gave me a nod! If that wasn't her- but it fits everything! Even sorta looks like the woman I saw- only she was older than the picture. But the way she talked about those dogs- as "beloved". Hummmmmmm

I was on plan today- had an omelette- and sausage. It was very good!

So can't wait for Saturday! Seriously!

Going to chill for an hour then hit the bed- and curl up with one of my new reads! Storming here like mad. Perfect to curl under covers with a FRESH book! Love a new story.
  #1148   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-19, 19:31

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hey guys,

Jaz---You and I cross posted last night. Read the post I missed then this morning and just wished you were right here so I could hug you tight and whisper in your ear, it's gonna be all right, so let your heart be light.

Saw the pix, answered to them. Yep, you need another job. As you would say, that I have picked up, might take a minute, but you'll find it. Until then we'll surround you w/loving vibes. We're a strong bunch, and we're here for you till life settles down a bit for you---which you richly deserve.

Trig---One half a French fry?! Pffffffffffffffft! Good on you, that's a day on plan, period, " no except" about it.

And hey, w/all this talk about our trip and what we'll eat, I just want you to know that if you want to stay strictly on plan we sure can find restaurants that offer steaks, chicken and seafood, bacon and eggs in one form or another. No reason you can't eat really well and super LC too if you want to. Kind of nice to have someone else make it for you, right? I mean Charleston is noted for its food, so doing super LC there might be really DELISH. And if you feel like a little off plan moment or several, meh.

Congrats on being on plan yesterday, you're on your way again.

Nic---I'm surprised to hear old LCF board is still there? I thought they were closing down?

So cool your dad is coming to watch over youngest son while you're in Phoenix. I think grandparents can sometimes be the best rest for a kid from a parent. AND the best rest from a parent for a kid.

I'm sure I've used this quote here before, but it never gets old for me. "Why do grandparents and grandchildren get along so well? They have a common enemy."

Oh, my son and his grammy had it all going on. And it just pinches my heart that she's no longer there for him or me. But boyo, those two just always had a happening together---and in a way I approved of totally. My mother was different as a grandmother than a mother and isn't that always the truth? Man, she helped me so much with him at times. I can never thank her enough in my heart an soul for how she could pull him together, make him believe, and send him home considerably tamer than he left.

Lori---Yes, time for hubby's cousin to either be in a nursing home, or except home health care. I understand she's resistant. They almost all are. We just went thru this w/hubby's dad, and eventually we just told him, here's your choices, period. So, home health care starts soon for him. Sometimes as much as we want to respect our elders, we just have to tell them in no uncertain terms what's going to happen. Have seen this work well w/my parents and now hubby's dad. Good luck, but don't give in. She needs you guys to be the voice of reason right now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, it snowed another 8 inches here today. My car was still in the shop till they called late in the afternoon and said basically, we can't find a darn thing wrong with it. No charge. SIGH, so we'll pick it up tomorrow morning. Just makes me nervous as I feel if it happened once, it will happen again, and I sure don't want to get trapped somewhere in this weather, but what are you going to do? They say the patient is fine, LOL.

On plan again today. Really taking it one day at a time right now, as I am woe fragile, But, in general, I'm feeling just the itty bittiest less puffy and bloaty. Not really even looking for pounds lost right now, hence why I haven't been on the scale. Just don't want to get into THAT thing till I feel sturdier in my boots.
  #1149   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-19, 20:24

BF:
Progress:

Oh...and Nic, thanx for your kind words. I'm easily the oldest bird here and if any of the wisdom I've gained helps, I'm delighted.
  #1150   ^
Old Thu, Feb-21-19, 05:02

BF:

Good Morning!

Jaz......those pictures of the place you were supposed to visit....OMG. I would not have gotten out of my car either. It is ridiculous that your job would require you to go to such a place. Your personal safety has to come first. I say keep your head down, do what you can do with this job and wait for the next opportunity. Our getaway in Charleston is going to be so good for you......for all of us!

Blue....hmmm....they can't find anything wrong with your car? I would be leery too. Every time you turn the key you'll be worried that it won't start. I wonder if you could have had some bad gas in the line? That would kind of explain the wanting to stall out on that drive home the other day. Let's hope that's all it was and things will be fine now. Make sure you always have your cell phone with you.

Nic...you have lots of getaways coming up! Fun! How nice that your Dad is going to be there with your son while you are in Phoenix. It will be good for the two of them.

The snow was pretty yesterday, but the ice on top....not so much. We got about 3 inches of snow before the icy rain started. I could hear it hitting the windowsills last evening. Our satellite dish got iced up and TV went out, so DH was watching some DVR'd shows. That is handy! This morning it has warmed up enough that all is well with the TV. It's supposed to get up in the 40's to near 50 today.

Trig......what's happening in your area? Did you just have rain, or did you get some ice too? Let's hope for some unseasonably warm weather while we're in Charleston so we can all thaw out!

I wanted to get out today, but I have to wait until things "de-ice" a bit. I'm very paranoid about slipping and falling right now. All I need is to fall on this shoulder again! I have to go to the hospital lab and get some blood work done before my appt with the Ortho Dr. next week. They want to test my Vitamin D level. I'll be glad to know where I stand on Vit D as that is one test my regular Dr. has never done. I do take a Vit D supplement every day, especially this time of year. I get quite a bit of natural Vit D from the sun in the summer on the golf course, but in the winter....not so much.

I also wanted to go walk around the indoor track again today. Maybe till this afternoon things will thaw out so I can get out of the house.

3 weeks from today I'll be heading to the airport to fly to Charleston! Can you believe it?? It seems like so long ago that we planned it. Good company, good food & some walking in the sunshine & warmth.....ahhhhh.

Have good days.
  #1151   ^
Old Thu, Feb-21-19, 08:30

BF:

OMG- it is just 3 weeks out!!!!!!!! I am so delighted I will let that carry me! I will try really hard not to bust out in tears when I meet you all! It takes a ton of energy ya know to keep your sh*t together. So when I don't have to no promises!!!!!
I just wish all that energy = loss of pounds!!! There are people who lose a ton of weight during times of stress- sighhhhhhhhh no MY cortisol loves to keeps my pounds for that RAINY DAY!!!!

I have alot to do before I come! Want to get my taxes done this weekend.
I also want to start my walking program- so I can keep up with you all! I know you are all going to laugh (maybe not)- But I really think that when I fell x2 straight out on my hip I had a hairline fracture on it. Ever so small, and it healed. I also know believe it healed with arthritis in it. I fell twice in the span of 30 days on the same hip. It has been bothering me with the cold damp rain. It comes and goes with cold and damp. That is why I think it is arthritis- exactly on THE spot I fell.
Thank god- nothing more than a few aches and pains. You know I am NOT used to this thing called AGING!!!!!!!!!! - Dang it is not for wussies!
Stormed all night- big boomers. I had a restless night. Kept thinking I should get up and check on it! Like I could change weather right? But I kept falling back to sleep- repeat!

LORI- I truly feel bad about your arm! You know we don't realize how much we use our bodies until something gets damaged, broken, or infected and we are held back! Heal up soon!
I am very excited to see you! Dear god have someone put your bag up top for you. Play the dame in distress! I sure would!!!- you aren't lifting anything around you? Laundry, grocery, sweeper?

BLUE-- funny how you pick up on "isms". I do too. You have them too ya know. Tossing a penny is my favorite! You sound like you are in a really great place. FINALLY- life for you might just bloom like the Spring! New LIFE! Love it!
You are very sweet! You all are!
Your car reminds me of the screaming baby that you pace with all night with WAITING for the doctor office to open. When you finally get there the kid is sleeping peacefully on your should. The receptionist asks why you are there- to which the mother responds the kid is hysterical can't you tell? Same with your car- runs perfectly when looked at. I would kick the dam thing if I were picking it up!

8 more inches- holy moly!!!!!! That is what 10 feet for you??

TRIG- Hang in there- 3 weeks will FLY!!!!! Plus you are back in the LC land! I agree- just get resettled in LC- and let the rest happen.
ALL good! I have gain a few pounds I want off- and will hit up a steak/ seafood house with you in Charleston. BLUE is right- there are some awesome places that will suit all of us! Some dynamite places! Perfect or crab legs/ lobster/ Steak- all good!
I too will be bringing a stash of shrimp! There is not a grocery near where we are staying. So BRING it!

NIC
- I am sorta shocked the old thread kept going. there was only 2 other people on there from what I remember. Then I heard they shut the entire thing down? Unless they took it off line like we did for awhile. On they on our board now? Not that I want to strike up a conversation. I have wondered how that guy........ name escapes me..... with the leg cancer turned out? I think I also saw the gal...... float on here and say something about having a heart attack! I feel for them. I don't wish that on anyone. It's a hard road!

Anyway- I hope you enjoy your trip. When do you go? Awesome that the weather looks to be somewhat decent! You know what we will want!!!!! PIC's!
Speaking of- I was scrolling though my phone and came across some really fun PIC's from Charleston from last year. Some could be framed! I will share them when I see you all. Be prepared to take a ton of pic's!!!!
Do you take a camera?
---------------------------------------------------
I have 1 visit today- pretty close to home- but I will be rounding with my new manager- who used to be my peer. It is awkward- and we both have had to work through some "stuff".

I plan to hit up Walmart this weekend. I was there to look at scrubs when I came across some really FUN leggings. I know I know- They are for thinner gals! But they are super soft and like wearing nothing! I bought an over sized shirt and paired them with some sandals and SO WHAT! I like them and they took all of 5.95 out of my pocket! Seriously- you all should check them out!!!!!!

I bought one pair to "try"- loved them- going back to grab up a few more pair. You know what, until I stabilize into a better weight- 5.95 works for me! And they are "fun"! I don't care I am to old and to big- I have seen gals every size and age wearing them now. At first I was like- OMG you won't catch me in those. Now- yea they have grown on me! Which a oversize blouse that covers the front and back- I'm embracing the idea!

I also think the price is right!

I am on PLAN today! - I had salmon and cabbage last night. Scales and bloat have yet to budge from my tantrum a few nights ago.
I will keep going though. I bought a roaster whole chicken I can't decide if I want to put in the oven or Pressure Cook it.
I like my pressure cooker- it is just cumbersome to pull out, bulky, and a pain to wash. Plus it sucks up alot of counter space. But I like the tase and it is a BIG roaster! It won't dry out. -
Guess I will pull it out. I might then make some broth with the bones. Simmer those for 24 hours and make liquid gold! I love homemade broth. So good. I then cool the juice and put into quart size bags and freeze until I make soup. Bella also loves fresh broth on her food.

More rain today- but its good. Friday is coming! Sat I would love to sleep in. But I need to be in pottery class. It is winding up. I also painted a few things and they should be ready for pick up. I also will be painting and glazing a few bowels to be "fired"! I have decided I will play out the class and call it a day. I tried it- and its OK.

I would rather find a writing class or book club, or something a bit different.
Ok- gotta run-
  #1152   ^
Old Fri, Feb-22-19, 05:28

BF:

TGIF Gal Pals!

On a serious rush around this morning! On plan Stan!!!

Back later when I have a minute to chat you up
  #1153   ^
Old Fri, Feb-22-19, 07:15

BF:

Good Morning!

Planning a boring day today....as usual. My arm is aching this morning for some reason. I don't wear my sling at night(I'm supposed to), and sometimes I wake up with it aching. I tried wearing the sling at night, but can't sleep well with it on. I don't roll over on the "bad" side, but must have moved it in some way that it didn't like. I'll get over it.

DH is going out for dinner with our son & grandson tonight to a pizza joint, so no worrying about what to make for me. I can be happy with some eggs & Swiss cheese.

Jaz....hope you don't have to spend all day in the car again today. You've made it almost to the weekend! YAY!

You asked if I'm not lifting anything......I am, with my right arm only. With my bad wing, I cannot lift much at all and pushing or pulling is very painful. Last night I forgot myself and pushed the microwave door shut with my bad arm.....OMG....such a simple thing hurt so badly.

I'll find out on Tuesday how things are healing when they do a new xray, and find out about doing some therapy. I hope to be able to start doing more with it soon so I can be in better shape for Charleston. No worries though...I can still walk around and eat & drink...it's all good! I will be wearing my sling to travel....it's easier to get help with stuff with it on!

High in the 40s today. I'm not sure if I'll get out for a walk or not. When I get cold, I tense up and my shoulder throbs. Sounds like a good excuse to just stay in, right? I sure hope that one of these days I get some motivation to get moving. This dang weather needs to improve!

No plans for the weekend. All this sitting has my muscles turning to mush and my butt getting wider by the minute. Good grief.
  #1154   ^
Old Fri, Feb-22-19, 08:53

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori you just sit back and heal up all you can do. Your arm must have that down time. I knew when sleeping my ribs were a killer, any movement left or right was agony and I bet that is the same for you. I would wake up from the hurt as I turned in sleep and it drove me batty for sure.....more reason to keep the sling on ya and sleep in a recliner during the day LOL

hey all
going friggin' batty here
more rain and rain and rain and no sun and big rain at that. I am cold also...just that damp to the bone cold, got my fireplace roaring and I still can't get warm.

today is broth and protein shake only
I ate a bunch of crap yesterday, small portions but I am not on track at all on eating. I am so off it is stupid.

but this morning I woke up calmer. that head calmer so going for bloat release from just not eating and holding on liquids.

my mind, honestly I wonder about me sometimes LOL
I swear I do HAha

but it is all good if I make it good I guess is what it boils down to.....chat up later ya'll
  #1155   ^
Old Fri, Feb-22-19, 11:43

BF:
Progress:

Jaz---Somehow I entirely missed your encounter with Ann Rivers Siddons! Absolutely, I think it was her too, I can just feel it. What a fun story.

Which book did you get? I have read several of hers, have my faves. Best imo is "The Outer Banks." Also loved "Colony." Didn't love some of her later ones as much but those two are excellent reads.

Will be back later for more chat just wanted to make sure I didn't forget this little Jaz nugget.
Closed Thread