Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-05-03, 09:02

Plan: Modified Low carb
Stats: 305/270/200 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%
Default Ice Tea's mixes or already bottled/canned

I'm somewhat of an ice tea freak. My favorite before going low carb was Nantucket Nectares Half and half (half lemonade half ice tea). I've tried several different types and will keep trying different types as I remain in the lowcarb lifestyle.

Nantucket Nectares Diet Ice Tea:

This was a very flavorful tea with only one carb and was sweetend by aspertame. It was a nice cool refreshing tea but I cut down because I was carb paranoid and wasnt thrilled with the idea of drinking a carb. Just yesterday I found they had changed their sweetener over to Splenda.. which made me very happy. I picked up the bottle and drank a bit of it without checking the label... very dumb thing has happend. Its gone from 1 carb per serving (2 per bottle) to 10 carbs per serving and 2 sugars! 20 carbs in a bottle! feh. definitly thumbs down now even though it tasted pretty good still.

AriZona Diet Lemon Ice tea:

Not as flavorfull as NN but a nice brew. Sweetend with splenda. 0 carbs 0 sugar. A very solid ice tea choice and available all over.

Crystal Light Diet Ice tea (bottled):

Flavor wasnt that great.. the lemonade was much better.. going to see how they taste mixed Aspertame here for those who care. 0 Sugar...I think 0 carbs Ill have to check the bottle when I get home.

Diet Nestea brisk tea (cans and bottles):

This should be in the gutter of my poll right? Wrong.. I love this ice tea... it tastes just like the normal nestea brisk tea. The kind I drank in the back of my folks station wagon through the arizona desert on a cross country trek. If you enjoyed the sugar sweetend version of their tea you'll like this version. Its kinda embarassing to say I enjoy this tea so much but.. oh well 0 Carbs 0 sugar.. aspertame.

Snapple diet ice tea:

Made from the best stuff on earth! uh.. no. Flavor for this tea has just tasted off every time I've tried it. Aspertame sweetend with 1 carb no sugar.

I'll post mix info next and keep adding to the tea list.

Topher
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-05-03, 11:05
Don't dream it be it

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292.4/272.0/165 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%

I prefer real ice tea like you can get in restaurants with lemon squeezed in. It's not too hard to make, but I'm lazy, so I only drink it when I go out. Water dude....it's what to drink.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Feb-10-03, 18:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 250/202/145
BF:
Progress: 46%

I am lazy too so I found a really lazy way to make ice tea and it taste great.

I buy tagless tea bags. I take a large plastic cup (like 32 oz size) and fill it 3/4 of the way with water. Then, I add around 10-12 tea bags. I put the cup in the microwave for about 2 mintues. After two mintues I dump the contents into a 2 quart pitcher. I wait another 1-3 mintues then I fish out the tea bags. (becareful not to break any. A large plastic slotted spoon works best.) Then I fill the rest of the pitcher with ice and water. And that is it.

It you want, you can always add lemon or splenda.

Sometimes I do this with green tea or I take half green and half regular tea. It is awesome!

By the way Topher, my son likes Brisk the best. And he is really picky! I prefer my tea unsweetened so it is hard for me to comment on the bottled variety. However, I will admit that Snapple is YUCK! It taste like instant tea!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Feb-19-03, 18:24

Plan: South/Atkins/Ornish/etc.
Stats: 275/260/190 Male 5'10"
BF:lbs&in. first, ok?
Progress: 18%

If you can find it in your area, Tejava (by the Crystal Geyser company) is the best bottled iced tea I've found to date. I am also an ice tea fanatic, having had my last sugar-soda some years ago. Tejava is just tea; no sweetener, no flavoring, no musty flavor that most bottled iced teas have. I buy it by the case from the local Trader Joe's for 0.99 per liter bottle, and drink it down fast enough to jeopardize my two liters of water a day...

Hope this helps.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Feb-19-03, 20:18

Plan: formerly Atkins
Stats: 350/232/225 Female 5' 8"
BF:mooooo/moo/buff
Progress: 94%

Yep, I found that Tejava stuff up at Trader Joe's this weekend, it's in the fridge, haven't tried it yet.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Mar-07-03, 20:12
Registered Member

Plan: PP
Stats: 158/120/115
BF:
Progress: 88%

TeJava is great. I love it and its real cheap at trader joes. $1 for a large bottle