Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#196   ^
Old Tue, Mar-03-09, 12:51
HIGH FAT!!!

Plan: CARNIVORE!!!!
Stats: 191/145.0/137 Female 69 inches
BF:30.3/24.06/not yet
Progress: 85%

We Luv ya Sara!!

Awesome in your 50's...awesome always!!

Congratulations on the new grandbaby!! Boy or Girl, how old is the baby now???

Good to have you back! ~Cheryl
Sponsored Links
  #197   ^
Old Tue, Mar-03-09, 14:04

Plan: Maintenance
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 65
BF:
Progress: -50%

I was just looking at your post-op pictures last night.
And then, you show up!

Weird...it's like Cheryl has powers or something.
  #198   ^
Old Tue, Mar-03-09, 20:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 270/160/145 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 88%

I am so happy to see you back Sarar!!! Your "have you ever noticed after losing a significant amount of weight" thread is my all time favorite post. I have often wondered how you were doing and am really glad to see you back!!!
  #199   ^
Old Tue, Mar-03-09, 22:36

Plan: LC since 1/15/09
Stats: 317/278/217 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 39%

Welcome back Sara

I am glad you came back after only 10lbs. I personally have no experience in just having 10lbs to lose. But, I hear it can be difficult. I somehow think you will handle it with ease though. Hey, you got through those difficult post op months.
  #200   ^
Old Wed, Mar-04-09, 05:18
Princess Sara

Plan: Dukan
Stats: 210/165.6/150 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:---
Progress: 74%

Thanks for the welcome, y'all. (Remember I'm from south Alabama.) It is great to know I still have friends.

I will update my stats and add in photos when I get a chance....not in the early morning before work.

Here are my news updates:
-my adorable grandaughter is 6 months old. She is a very drooly girl. She is the first thumb sucker I've ever been around....spit the pacifier out in favor of a thumb.

-I think I had posted that my wonderful man was laid off in October 2007 after working 26 years with the company. He got another job in a new field. Well, the small company he was working with had major financial issues and dang if he wasn't laid off in September 2008. My gracious!!!!! He has obtained a new job. Thanks be to God.....but we continue to pray for those still battling unemployment.

-I recently went through a herniated disc saga. Lord have mercy! I don't know how I did it, but my sciatic nerve was involved. PAIN! The belt lipectomy was nothing compared with this pain. I spent six weeks propped on my side like Jaba the Hut. This is when I gained some of the weight....slugs do not burn calories.
During this time, my unemployed wonderful man came to work with me. I sat like the queen I am in a multicushioned chair while he moved throughout my second graders!
Anyway, I had back surgery in December. The recovery phase was yucky, but I am doing well now.....I just need to get back to my walking program.

This is getting long so I'll stop for now. I just want to add how happy I am to be back here. I am eating low carb and moving toward Atkins induction. (I'm a type 1 diabetic and jumping to less than 20 carbs too rapidly causes insulin reactions.) I'll figure out a challenge to join.
Later,
Sara<><
  #201   ^
Old Wed, Mar-04-09, 06:08
Always Shining

Stats: 363.3/332.6/145 Female 5'7"
BF:'fraid so...
Progress: 14%

Oh MY GOODNESS!!!! The Princess has returned! YAY!!!!!!!! I have always loved your frankness, support, and optimism. I'm so glad you're back to share your life and wisdom with us!

Also, I believe I drove through your lovely (and I mean BEAUTIFUL) town this past summer. If I'm remembering correctly, you live in Fairhope? It was so very picturesque! My DH and I vacationed in Orange Beach for 10 days in July/August and drove through Fairhope on our way.

I am part of a fun challenge if you're interested in joining. It's Master of My Domain where we keep track of our non-cheat days. Remember that Seinfeld episode? That's not what we mean. Each person determines what their own "rules" for sticking to their chosen plan are. Very supportive, and very wacky (and a tad umm, bawdy at times)
  #202   ^
Old Wed, Mar-04-09, 08:42
Princess Sara

Sorry to say that I am not from Fairhope.....my town is much smaller. I'll private you....like my anonymity, don't cha know.

The challenge sounds great. I'll look into it.
Thanks for the giant welcome. I always enjoy your posts.
Later,
Sara<><
  #203   ^
Old Wed, Mar-04-09, 09:15

Plan: atkins modified
Stats: 225/162/160 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 97%

Morning Sara! I have to tell you, I'm fairly new, been on since October of '08, but I've read your 2 threads (this one and the HAVE you) with much glee, and have thoroughly enjoyed them.
I couldn't afford plastic surgery in my wildest dreams, but you look amazing. I'm hoping with some time spent in the gym on this new "slow burn" method I discovered, some things will shape up. Namely my breasts. The darn things. They've gone from a nice plump 36DD to a saggy 34/36D. I know I have to go bra shopping, just haven't had time or money to do so.
I know I had no choice in the matter, the weight (50 pounds now) was going to come off where it wanted to, but DAMN! Why couldn't it come off my hips and thighs more! UGH.

Anyway, welcome back to the forums! I love your posts!

and for the record, I love my shoulders, my collarbone, and my hourglass figure. And My eyes are fabulous, they're like cats eyes!
  #204   ^
Old Wed, Mar-04-09, 10:51
lcgrrl2006

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Glad to see you back! I sent you a pm! Denise
  #205   ^
Old Wed, Mar-04-09, 14:55

Plan: Atlkins
Stats: 239/224/170 Female 5'7"
BF:don't know
Progress: 22%

You both asked about the cost and then never heard another word from her! And that was in 2007. Arrrgh! Well, I figure that Medicare wouldn't pay for it and I'm not rich enough. I'll just have to keep sagging until they hit the floor, then maybe I'll get it all tattoed so it looks like a skirt.
  #206   ^
Old Thu, Mar-05-09, 05:49
Princess Sara

You know what? I can't remember the cost -- I know it was several grand....not nearly what it costs in other parts of the US...there are SOME advantages to living in Alabama.

Please know that I am not saying that plastic surgery is for everyone. It was right for me. I do think people in our situation understand that this is not going to "fix" problems about who we are. It is a physical thing for us. It was such a hassle for me to deal with all of the excess skin, etc. This kind of surgery leaves you with scars....you will not become a sexy model....but, you will find your life, clothes, and sense of accomplishment enhanced.
Sara<><
  #207   ^
Old Thu, Mar-05-09, 05:55
Princess Sara

Quote:
Originally Posted by shicoviani
You both asked about the cost and then never heard another word from her! And that was in 2007. Arrrgh! Well, I figure that Medicare wouldn't pay for it and I'm not rich enough. I'll just have to keep sagging until they hit the floor, then maybe I'll get it all tattoed so it looks like a skirt.

Sorry you are frustrated. I make no apologies for living my life. I low-carbed for a looonnnnnggg time and needed to take a break. Maybe you will never experience that. I will tell you that "arrggg" will be part of the weight loss--and especially the maintenance-- experience.

I am 50 now and not so much about pleasing others. I will admit that the pleasing game has hit me again and been a major contributor to my weight game. Thanks for expressing yourself, it was a good kick in the pants for me this morning. Gotta get back on my Princess throne and look after myself.
Sara<><
  #208   ^
Old Thu, Mar-05-09, 11:23

Stats: 225/143/155 Female 5'10''
BF:38%/21.4%/24.9%
Progress: 117%

Waahoo! You're back! I was wondering where you'd gone.

Hug,
Amory
  #209   ^
Old Fri, Mar-06-09, 05:23
Princess Sara

Good to see you Amory. Hope all is well with you. Still working doing the weight lifting?

I scoped out my pictures and looked up some friends. I noticed that some of my old pals have taken a break from the forum. This is a life-long process, and I'll bet they will pop in and out.

I have joined the challenge Barbara suggested. I'm up for it--sort of. I am realizing that one of the most harmful things to my physical well being is bringing work home and infringing on my free time. It always makes me hungry. I know that I am really hungry for guilt-free me time. Time to lift the burden.

This time of my life is the "sandwich" time between elderly parents and time with my granddaughter and grown children (I cosider my DIL a daughter). I still absolutely love my wonderful man and like to spend time with him. I still have my animals. Right now my parrot is going through her spring time love sickness and wants cuddle time every afternoon. All of this is part of my life along with my teaching. Gotta find that balance.
Sara<><
  #210   ^
Old Fri, Jun-11-10, 11:27

Plan: Maintenance
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 65
BF:
Progress: -50%

Sara, I am wondering how things have been going lately?
Have your scars faded into oblivion from the surgery?
I'm wondering how you're maintaining and if you're still happy with the results from your surgeon.

I'm still losing this last bit of baby weight from my second baby...then I will try to maintain for a year or so. Then, I'm going to find a surgeon and get my middle sliced in two!

And yes, there ARE advantages to living in Alabama.