Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#181   ^
Old Fri, Jan-11-08, 05:33
Princess Sara

Plan: Dukan
Stats: 210/165.6/150 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:---
Progress: 74%

Sondra,
Thank you so much for posting. You had some incredibly sweet words. I am much better today...still have swelling and screws sticking out of my head, but people are not bugging me. I'm sure they are gawking and talking behind my back. That doesn't really bother me.....we work in a rural school, people gotta talk about something. I just don't like it when someone point blank asks. It is awkward because I can't lie. I mean I'm terrible at it....have been my whole life. The best I can do is give a partial answer...like the neck lift thing.

I do want to stick one more "honest" comment in here. A belt lipectomy is a very painful surgery. Much more so than the breast reduction and face lift that I have had. I'm sure my muscle repair was a big factor. I was on a morphine drip for the first 24 hours and dam* glad to have it. I think it helps to know that going in....stay ahead of the pain with your meds.

I wanted to tell you about my friend that just had skin removal with liposuction. She went to my doctor about maybe getting a tummy tuck, or a mini tuck. She is a beautiful skinny mini (if you have read my "Have you noticed" thread she is the sexy one I refer to in the first post) but had a yucky vertical C-section scar and loose skin. (three sons) He did not have to repair her muscles. She didn't even need drains. Anyway, she was able to stand up straight in a week or so.

I had full stomach muscle repair and found myself feeling very tight at the end of full days. Just listen to your body and make the best choice about the skiing. It does vary from person to person. You will know whether the activity is worth the risk of damaging yourself. Even if you choose not to do a lot of skiing, you can be one of the sexy ski bunnies!!!
Sara<><
Sponsored Links
  #182   ^
Old Mon, Jan-14-08, 10:52

Plan: south beach diet
Stats: 235/145/130 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 86%

Hi Sara,
I really don't think you have anything to be embarrased about. Who cares what other people are saying, and I am sure what people are saying... is not as bad as you think or imagine. We all picture the worst, when in fact people are probably saying...wow, she is lookin' HOT!!!

Thanks so much for all the wonderful information. That's so encouraging to hear your friend was able to stand up straight within a week. I never imagined that to be possible!! I know that this will be super painful...but as they say...no pain... no gain. Right? And thank goodness for good drugs!!! I am sure to need all that I can get.

Anyway, tomorrow is the big day and I have so many emotions running through me right now. Scared, excited and anxious! I am not sure how soon I will be able to send you an update, but I will definitely let you know how it goes.

Thanks again for your great support!!!
Sondra
  #183   ^
Old Mon, Jan-14-08, 17:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 280/272.5/170 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 7%

I'm just starting out (again), but if my weight loss goes as it did the first time on Atkins, I'm probably going to need a breast lift and lower body lift as well. Last go around I lost 72 lbs and had that apron and...well...deflated balloons. LOL

If you don't mind my asking, what was the breast lift surgery like?

Also, now that more time has past since you had the surgeries, what is the scarring like now? Is it really thin white lines, or more pronounced?
  #184   ^
Old Mon, Jan-14-08, 17:38

Plan: Maintenance
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 65
BF:
Progress: -50%

People are only talking because they are JEALOUS!!!!
  #185   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-08, 05:00
Princess Sara

Bless your hearts. I did not do this for anyone but me so I don't care if they talk about it-----just not to me.

I got the screws out of my head yesterday. How do you say relief? I am healing well. The physicians Assistant told me that I looked so much younger. I told her that really wasn't my goal. I explained about losing a lot of weight and that I had decided at 45 that I had given and focused on other for the first half of my life and decided it would be okay to live the second half a little more for me. I had never had a chin so that meant multiple chins. I went into this to get a neck and a chin. The rest is extra.

I a finally getting a good look at where my face is heading. The swelling is down a lot. This procedure has not hurt badly, but it really has screwed with my head--literally and emotionally. It has taken 24 days to feel like I didn't make a big mistake. I am sure this is probably a common experience.
Sara<><
  #186   ^
Old Tue, Jan-22-08, 10:40

Plan: south beach diet
Stats: 235/145/130 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 86%

Hi Sara and everyone.
My surgery on 1/15 went great!! Today is day 8 and the first day I have felt up to working and checking emails. Every day seems to get a little better. I am still very very sore and I look like the hunchback of Notre Dame (LOL). I love my new boobs and am VERY happy with everything. I can't believe how skinny my legs are... seems like for the FIRST time in my LIFE!!! My Doctor did a GREAT job on all parts!!! On the breast lift, I would say he moved my areola up at least 8 inches. That's a HUGE difference!!! I feel The scaring is very minimal so I am super excited. My surgical nurses and anesthesiologist came to see me afterwards and said what a great job he did! So I am very encouraged. I can’t see much in back, just because I have little mobility. But I think I will be doing MUCH better in another week and soon I will be able to get a better idea of what I got goin’ on. My doctor said that I did very well especially because I was in such good shape. That was due to 3 years of dilligently working out.

Bottom line is that I really struggled about this decision and now and I am SO HAPPY I did this!!! My main delima was that I didn't want to live with the scars, but the scars are NOTHING compared to the good results!!! You were right Sara!!! These are results I could never achieve with my daily workouts. So now I am about to start my new life and I will never go back to being heavy and unhealthy again.

I know how important it is to hear about others successes and I am happy to help in anyway I can for those who have questions.

Thanks to Sara and everyone, I am a much happier person and will be much more confident in my years to come.

Sondra
  #187   ^
Old Tue, Jan-22-08, 10:52
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Hi Sara-
I have wondered where you were- glad you are okay! Enjoy the face and chin and neck!

Good luck on FLEX-

Eno
  #188   ^
Old Tue, Jan-22-08, 14:51

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200.5/197/150 Female 5 ft 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 7%

Congratulations. I know you must be very excited.....just think of how nice you'll look in your new clothes! Oh.........I can relate to the "flap". My husband and I call it my "overhang". I have had 2 c-sections and my children were large (10lb 20z and 9lb 11oz) so I have a nasty overhang. I hope I can get mine taken care of after I lose the weight. I must be a big baby, because I thought my c-sections were REALLY painful....especially the first one!
  #189   ^
Old Thu, Jan-24-08, 15:14
Creating a new Me!

Stats: 300/252.0/170 Female 63 1/2 in
BF:TOO **** HIGH
Progress: 37%

Sara....I haven't checked in on you in a long time now You really are a completely new you!

Best wishes on the healing processes, etc.

You go girl
Mercy
  #190   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-08, 04:47
Princess Sara

Thanks Mercy!!!!
Sara<><
  #191   ^
Old Tue, Nov-25-08, 12:01
HIGH FAT!!!

Plan: CARNIVORE!!!!
Stats: 191/145.0/137 Female 69 inches
BF:30.3/24.06/not yet
Progress: 85%

Hope you're doing well Sara! ~Cheryl
  #192   ^
Old Mon, Mar-02-09, 11:46
HIGH FAT!!!

Plan: CARNIVORE!!!!
Stats: 191/145.0/137 Female 69 inches
BF:30.3/24.06/not yet
Progress: 85%

Sara,

Just checking in to see how you've been doing in the New Year...

Miss You here! ~Cheryl
  #193   ^
Old Tue, Mar-03-09, 05:28
Princess Sara

Default The Princess is Back

Cheryl,
You got me back to the forum, Girl. Thanks!

I'm doing really well. I'm a grandmother now and have just turned 50 years old. Fifty and Fabulous.

I have to tell y'all that I left because I hit the low carb wall. After living very strictly on low carb I hit a point where low carb food made me gag. I had to have a break. So I did....for a little over a year.

Did my weight creep up? Yep. Am I stressed about it? Not really. I have a great life and perspective. All of my friends of my age are also dealing with weight creep up.

Sooooo...I'm Back

I have decided that I like to weight 148 best. I still have breasts at that size.

Time to start the day. I'm glad to be back and look forward to getting back in touch.
Sara<><
WOW! I just checked my stats and realize that I have only gained 10 pounds since I left here. Yippeeee!
  #194   ^
Old Tue, Mar-03-09, 08:47

Stats: 300/172.5/175 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 102%

Princess Sara!

It's so nice to see you posting again. Hope you are well. I'm still plugging along and am starting to prepare and research plastic surgeons for my tummy tuck and breast lift in November.
  #195   ^
Old Tue, Mar-03-09, 12:48
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi SARA!!!!!
Welcome back- happy 50! Glad to see you!
E
52 and fantastic!