Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Kitchen Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-11-16, 23:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 00
BF:
Progress:
Default making it "healthier"

This is just a mini-rant, but so often when I look up a recipe online I come across a cook who tweaked it to make it "healthier" by, you guessed it, removing healthy animal fat or butter and substituting something synthetic or processed that's lower in fat, usually derived from soy, nuts, etc.

"Healthier" still seems synonymous with low-fat. It's so prevalent, and I recently have heard of several people who decided to treat a health issue by going low or no fat.

Of course paleo cooking sites don't focus on low fat, and the recipes often seem very creative, so that's what I try first now! Anyone have some good sites to suggest?
Sponsored Links
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jan-12-16, 11:22

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

There are recipe stickies at the top of the Paleo forum.
http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=107
And some starter info in the other threads. Ones that pop to mind I like and use are EverydayPaleo, RubiesandRadishes, NomNomPaleo, PaleOMG, and WellFed.

But there are many specific high fat resources too...
Pinterest is a great source for recipes. Search for LCHF recipes, Ketogenic Diet recipes, or Paleo whatever dish you want. Suggest you don't search "Paleo recipes". You have to wade through way too many Paleo "treats"..it is a sub-culture all its own.

You will find recipes posted from already well-known and new upcoming high fat blogs. CavemanKeto is both Paleo and Ketogenic. http://cavemanketo.com/keto-meal-plan/

YouTube also has Cooking Keto with Kristi: http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=470795

Download the two week challenge booklet on the DietDoctor website that Lee posted, some nice, easy LCHF recipes there.

Last edited by JEY100 : Tue, Jan-12-16 at 12:39.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jan-12-16, 14:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 00
BF:
Progress:

So many excellent suggestions, thanks to you both for the recommendations!