Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Nov-26-02, 20:02
Registered Member

Plan: ProteinPower/Body-for-Life
Stats: 215/181.5/130
BF:47%/38%/18%
Progress: 39%
Smile Challenge 2 Results

Hello, all!

Here are my Challenge Two results:
(C1-Start / C2-Start / C2-End)
Chest - 44" / 44" / 42.5"
Upper Arms - 17" / 15.75" / 15.25"
Hips - 47" / 44" / 42.75"
Waist - 36" / 34" / 33.25"
Thighs - 32.5" / 28" / 27.5"
Calves - 19" / 18.5" / 18"
Weight - 210.5lb / 192lb / 181.5lb
Body Fat - 47% / 42% / 38%

[IMG]Challenge Two Photos[/IMG]

I did NO cardio during Challenge Two. I focused intently and worked REALLY hard this Challenge, on building muscle. In the end, according to my bodyfat analysis (hydrostatic weighing) I gained one pound of muscle and lost 11.5 pounds of fat. This is a much better muscle-gain result than Challenge One, during which I gained ZERO muscle... So, I'm feeling pretty good about my progress!

I'm already planning my strategy for Challenge Three! I will start next Monday. For Challenge Two workouts I split my UBWOs and my LBWOs into two-day workouts, so I worked with the weights 6 days per week. For example, last week (C2/W12) Monday and Tuesday were LBWOs Wednesday and Thursday were UBWOs and Friday and Saturday were LBWOs. Whereas the previous week (C2/W11) Monday and Tuesday were UBWOs Wednesday and Thursday were LBWOs and Friday and Saturday were UBWOs.

For Challenge Three I will continue to split the body up in this manner, because I didn't feel that I was effectively achieving 10s for each and every body part, during each and every workout, when I tried to squeeze an entire UBWO or LBWO into one session. In addition to this approach I will add 2 days of cardio into Challenge Three. My plan is to spend Monday and Tuesday on UBWOs Wednesday and Thursday on LBWOs and Friday and Saturday doing the 20MAS. I'll let you know how it works out!

I kept my carbs in the 100g - 150g range. And I kept my fat low, around 30g. I used a variety of Myoplex shakes (Myoplex Lite, Myoplex Low Carb Ready-to-Drink, and Precision Protein Ready-to-Drink) and Designer Protein's Detour bars. I like this approach, so I will continue it in the next Challenge. I also enjoyed all of my free days! I think that those Sundays of food "freedom" kept me eating "clean" the rest of the week. I plan to continue this approach in Challenge Three as well!

I'm taking this week off--from both the workouts and the food plan. It's US Thanksgiving week, so I felt that would be wise...

Well, that's my story! I'll let you know, in 13 weeks, how Challenge Three turns out. I've attached Before and After pics, I hope they show up!

Trilbe
Attached Images
File Type: jpg beforeandafter_2.jpg (26.3 KB, 99 views)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Nov-26-02, 20:10

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Trible, what a great report on your progress! I am in agony from tonight's workout but you make me want to go down and pump iron!!

When you get a chance, could you post in more detail (in a separate thread) what your workouts (the UBWO and LBWO Splits) look like?

Can't wait to hear about C3! Keep up the great work; and keep posting.

Nat
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Nov-26-02, 20:13

Plan: South Beach Mostly
Stats: 200/191/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 15%

WOW!!
Your results are amazing!!! Especially if you look at the difference from the beginning to Challenge 1 to now...you've come a long way!!

Congratulations!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Nov-27-02, 09:46

Plan: Protein Power/BFL
Stats: 174/146/135
BF:32.7%/25%/22%
Progress: 72%
Talking That is Wonderful!!

Trilbe,
Thank you so much for posting your results! You are an inspiration to us BFL newbies. The side shot of your before and afters is amazing. You can really tell a difference. Way to go and I wish you continued success in your BFL journey!!

Robin
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Nov-27-02, 15:20

Plan: 40/35/25
Stats: 160/160/155 Female 5'10
BF:25/23/18
Progress: 0%

YEOOW!!

go girl! its great to see your pics, and hear your tweaking process... sounds like you are really in tune with your body now!

Your progress is great, you look great!! Congratulations!!!

Look forward to hearing how it goes for the next round!

d
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Dec-01-02, 02:14

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 147/128/118 Female 5'3''
BF:?/18/17
Progress: 66%

Fantastic results! You must be feeling so good about your achievement so far. Can't wait to see what C3 will bring you!

Enjoy your "break" and good luck with C3!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Dec-02-02, 10:59
Registered Member

Plan: lots of meat
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 5 10"
BF:goal: 17%
Progress: 41%

Hi there, I am so inspired by your results!
I too am interested in the kinds of workouts you do - mainly how you do your lower body split. Would you be willing to post some of that? I'm trying (just started my 2nd week) to make the switch from high volume to BFL style workouts.
I'm looking forward to seeing more of your progress!

Meg
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Dec-04-02, 21:21
Registered Member

Plan: ProteinPower/Body-for-Life
Stats: 215/181.5/130
BF:47%/38%/18%
Progress: 39%
Talking C3/W1/D3

THANK YOU ALL ! ! !

Thank you ALL for your wonderful support!

Honestly, I think that the most challenging (excuse the pun!) part of doing a program like BFL is keeping the motivation as strong during the middle weeks--and ESPECIALLY during the final days--as it is at the beginning of the Challenge. I feel very fortunate to have this site as a resource--to help me succeed!

During Challenge One this site was INVALUABLE because I LEARNED about nutrition and exercise and metabolism from knowledgable people like Natrushka and TrainerDan. During Challenge Two this site was INVALUABLE because I could come here everyday and just read random posts to help keep my mind focused on my purpose. I do not yet know what Challenge Three has in store for me--but I'll DEFINITELY be here, learning from you all and getting stronger as a result of your support and enthusiasm!

I took last week off, but I started Challenge Three on Monday. Today is C3/W1/D3! It's been C R A Z Y at work. I work in the financial industry, so year-end is just INSANE because most Boards of Directors meet during first quarter. I haven't had a MOMENT to do anything.

But BFL has been like a LIFELINE during these dark days. Keeping the carbs low (and low-gi) has helped keep my blood sugar stable--and you already know all of the other positive effects!--so the nutrition has helped keep me balanced and fueled for the grueling, MARATHON work days. The AM workouts have relieved the overwhelming stress, helped me put my "game face" on before work, and has made me strong enough to face ANYTHING. BFL is, totally, going to help me make this the best year-end EVER!

I hope you are all growing strong and having fun in your Challenges!

Trilbe

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE:
Nat and Meg asked about my Challenge Two workouts. I will now post a separate thread with the details.