Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, May-15-04, 08:14

Plan: CAD,calorie deficit
Stats: 303/277.8/160 Female 66 inches
BF:49%
Progress: 18%
Default success stories on cad?

I am reading the hellers book and started doing the plan yesterday. I am really hoping this works for me. I guess I would like to hear from people that have been doing it for awhile and hear their stories. Thanks, Tammy
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, May-15-04, 10:49

Plan: CAD
Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Progress: 85%

I can tell you that I had sucess on CAD...I was about 36 yro. I am starting it again and it has been about 2 weeks of really doing the program well...I did loss about 1lb! For me that is really great...I too would like to hear others successes...I find it hard to believe sometimes that I can eat this well and lose
  #3   ^
Old Sat, May-15-04, 14:47

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 233/192/145 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 47%

There are a lot of success stories on CAD.

I lost 40 lbs in the first 6 months of doing CAD. It was really the easiest 40 lbs that I have ever lost. I never felt like I was on a diet. Due to menopause arriving, I haven't had much luck losing anymore weight. I haven't had any luck on any diet, and believe me I have tried a few, but would jump right back to CAD. It is such a livable plan and I am not gaining my weight back and I feel great.

Some of the other success on here are Vel, and Quikdeb and there are lots of others too. I think you will love CAD. It is an excellent program and so easy to follow and stick with.

Good Luck. Let us know how you are doing.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, May-16-04, 17:23

Plan: CAD + South Beach Diet
Stats: 230/177/160
BF:
Progress: 76%

tjec1959,
success on CAD is not instant. the first sign for some is weight loss, for some its gaining control of cravings, hunger and food. A week or two is not enough to gage success. As time goes by the benefits of cad increases. In 2003 my weight bounced up and down, then in december i lost a little over 5 pounds. AND IT SHOWED!!!! that was awesome!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, May-17-04, 19:23
Registered Member

Plan: carbohydrate addicts
Stats: 228/170/170 Male 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

I have been on this diet for just about 6 months and as of this morning I have lost 47 pounds. I have also started an exercise program to go along with it. I find my endurance increses every day. I can't really get into weight training because of my back, and also my age (71). One slight drawback is having to buy new clothes, but not sure just how small I will be when I reach the weight I really want to be. Actually now the weight is not as important as shaping up. I still have a pot and love handles
  #6   ^
Old Mon, May-17-04, 19:35

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 233/192/145 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 47%

Hi M~ien, A BIG CONGRADUALTIONS to you..

You are doing fantastic. Are you new to this forum?

Keep us posted on how you are dong. Post often. We usually communicate through one another journals, so hopefully we will see you around. Maybe you could set up your own journal too. We would love to see how you are dong.

Good luck and keep up the good work.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, May-19-04, 16:17

Plan: CAD
Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Progress: 85%

Lowco you make a GREAT point. I have felt sooooo successful and haven't seen a big move in the scale but I have seen a control of cravings, hunger and food. I no longer thik about what I can and can't eat etc. I have a life that doesn;t revolve around food anymore!!! I know the weight will come...It already has some just very slow but steady and as I get in better shape the exercise will help it along too.