Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Jan-08-02, 22:55

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Ladies....Thank you so much for your contributions to this thread. Reading what you all have written has really gotten me going on this. Thank's for all of the positive energy!!

<b>Nat</b>...I am really psyched. It feels great. Yes, I've written down goals. Yes, I've made promises to yourself. It doesn't sound hokey to me at all. It's exactly the kind of stuff that DOES work!

<b>Beth</b>...Thanks for sharing all of your info. I think seeing all of the stats and personal information like this helps us to keep deciding to just DO IT!

I think I'm going to start a Gym Log.

Marlaine
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Jan-08-02, 23:35

Plan: Atkins/PP
Stats: 282/248/147 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default Go for it Marlaine!

Go for it Marlaine! Sounds like a great idea...I look forward to visiting you there too! Well ladies, my LBWO is planned and 5am comes early round these parts so off I go...those muscles on the horizon need lots of rest and water too! Glug...Glug!

Looking forward to more info tho...do keep us posted!

Beth
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Jan-09-02, 14:37

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 270/205/160 Female 5 feet 3.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 59%
Default Me, too!

Hi, Marlaine -

I just saw your BFL thread this afternoon (I've been sticking to journals lately) and wanted to throw in my two cents. I'm in my 5th week of BFL and I'm having a great time. I, too, was inspired by Nat to buy the book and get with the program (so to speak ). However, I do not possess her enthusiasm for the early am workouts, so I have modified the program to meet my needs and to make me like it more. Basically, I do my workouts in the afternoon, after work, on an empty stomach and then eat in the appropriate time frame depending on whether I lifted or did cardio. I'm sure that I would make faster progress if I could drag myself out of bed and over to the gym (no home gym for me, I'm sad to say) before 6:00am, but that's NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. Other than that, I have upped my carbs to 30-50, I've added glutamine and I'm drinking more protein shakes, but am otherwise following an Atkins/PP LC plan.

After week 4, I did some measuring and was pleasantly surprised:
Hips and Waist = -1 in.
Thigh = - 1/2 in.
Muscle gained = 4 lbs.
Fat lost = 3 lbs.
and visible muscles in my arms and legs! I ended up with a net gain, but I'm pretty sure it was muscle (based on my little body fat calculating spreadsheet). This morning I pulled on a pair of trousers that were nowhere close to fitting a month ago and zipped them right up!

Have I mentioned the great feeling of accomplishment that follows workouts for me? I find the exercise really exhilarating and very fulfilling. I hope you like it as much as I do.

Dani
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Jan-09-02, 14:39

Plan: atkins
Stats: 276/276/150
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hello,
I have gotten the book myself.It is an easy read,not hard to understand.I even called the 1-800 number and they were very helpful.I have started the exercise today.I'm very excited.I would like my daughter to do this with me but sha doesn't want to.So I figured if I do it for 12 weeks and she sees the differance in me she might try it herself.She dosen't need to lose weight but I belive it will help her self esteem.:}
Thanks all I will try to keep you all posted.
Thanks
Robibob
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Jan-17-02, 15:52

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/153/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 109%

I've discovered that the BFL book is now available in the UK. So I'm going to have a look and see if can do it - haven't really exercised in years, but have been reading through the posts here and think its worth giving it a go.

Demi
  #21   ^
Old Fri, Jan-18-02, 00:46

BF:

Sorry I haven't answered posts here in a while. Life has gotten very busy this month and on top of school and working day in day out I started BFL four days ago. So far so good. Feeling good and enjoying the workouts. Will check in on the weekend and try to write more. For now....I'm off to bed so that I can be up at the crack of dawn to go to the gym.

Marlaine
  #22   ^
Old Sat, Feb-02-02, 15:57

BF:
Default Mini Update

Today I completed week THREE of BFL and I love it!! I'm holding out on doing my stats until the end of the fourth week and I'll post them then in my journal.

I'd like to say that if a 52 year old woman who has never done anything like this before can do this...so can you!!

Just like Nat said in a post above..."I feel powerful and I feel strong - not just because I can lift so much weight, but because I get up every day and I do this for myself."

Marlaine
  #23   ^
Old Sat, Sep-06-08, 20:52

Plan: Atkins induction phase
Stats: 380/361/215 Male 6' 2"
BF:
Progress: 12%

Hey there,

I did two complete cycles of BFL and it works if you follow the program exactly as directed. My weight loss was great but the physical transformation was simply astounding. I was actually buff at the end of the first cycle and the second was even more pronounced. The regular BFL diet will be all you need if you follow the program. You will need the carbs if you're doing it right.
Let me make a few suggestions that really helped me out.

Plan your meals. Spend some time each night recording your meal plan for the next day. The paper trail with BFL really works well.

Take one or two days per week and grill of bake off your meat for the next few days. This was a real time saver for me and really made it easy to have what I needed.

Pick a time to work out and try to stick with that time. The only time I faltered was when my schedule became erratic and my work out scessions was shifted on a daily basis.

Fot the best success follow the perscribed workout plans. Thre are tons of exercises for each muscle group. You need to hit each group for the reshaping to be all that it can.

If for some reason you cant do each muscle group (injury, disability, etc...) work an alternate muscle group. Cutting a workout short beacuse you cant hit a certain muscle group messes with your overall results for some weird reason.

Be careful with your knees. Shortly after the end of my second cycle I had developed severe knee problems. I think lunges were the culprit.

Anyway, I lost a total of 70# doing BFL. I folowed the BFL workout plan and also followed the BFL dietary guidelines. I used the BFL 800 number when I had questions and utilized the reccomended suppliments. Things were great until I hurt the knee.

Oh, try and work up to the cardio plan in the book. It took me a few weeks but after that I was sprinting / walking / running briskly all over the place. The actual running really was a morale booster for me because when I started I was really REALLY out of shape.

Best of luck

Tom
  #24   ^
Old Sat, Dec-18-10, 15:11

Plan: paleolithic
Stats: 361/361/160 Female 5 foot 3
BF:

Well Im Elizabeth and I started the diet at the end of July 4 and a half almost 5 months ago. I lost down from 339 lbs to 294 then Ive gained over the past 2 to 3 weeks have been on a binge but now getting back on it. I gained back up to 310- but however even with the weight gain Im still down 29 lbs, 29 lbs in 5 months is almost 6 lbs a month so I'm counting it as an average of 6 lbs a month in weight loss but that's still pretty good. Before my weight gain I had lost 45 lbs so actually to be truthful i was losing at a rate of about 10 lbs a month so its a great program!

One thing I want to advise is this. Ive read an article on an obese man who said he was still obese and got on the weight watchers program before he went to BFL the changed to BFl after he had lost some of his weight and strongly suggested it for obese people, because he said Obese people wont lose weight on this diet!Ive also seen those on their very own BFL website forums who have questioned it. But I have found for me thats wrong!So if your obese dont be scared off by the fact that there are less obese people on this plan then like people who just want to get in shape its an awesome diet and my doctor loves the diet anmd wants me to stay on it!I read BFL For Women, I also had a referal to not read that book, if you look at the criticsms for it at Amazon they say the diet and food part is hrader to understand and more bague then bFL that BFL is better. I never read BFL and I understood BFL For Women fine! I dont have the money to buy the book but the library had BFL For Women tahts why I used it instead. Anyways, I eat like this and lose weight, Im back on my diet now, I have only 1 serving of whole wheat a day ( i use to have 3 but not now), 2 apples, one serving of carb master yogurt by kroger its lower in carbs then other yogurts,2 egg whites,2 slices of 2 percent cheese,and one or 2 servings of raw vegis( i still need to work on getting my vegis and my water down but Im working on it)and 4 servings of either low fat steak or chicken breast seasoned well,I like getting steak at walmarts becaus eit has the fat grams listed so I can pick out red meat steak with 3 to 3 and a half grams of fat in it per serving, of course all my serving sizes are the size of my palm so.I eat mainly steak and chicken thats what I like the best.
But I really felt like I was going to miss out on carbs in this diet and hate the diet, but between me being able to eat yogurt and cheese and steak and chicken and 1 whole wheat everyday its actually a a preety good deliscious program!
  #25   ^
Old Sat, Dec-18-10, 15:23

Plan: paleolithic
Stats: 361/361/160 Female 5 foot 3
BF:

I almost forgot the workout part. Ive had ahard time with it being this big but I find the best workout for me as a big lady is water exercise, its the only thing I like tgo do but its been too cold this winter for me to use my pool so I havnt even been doing the exercise I use to walk 5 minutes at a time but it started hurting my back!
But thats all going to change1 My sweet loving sister has decided to get me a 1 year membership at the 24 hour club!!!!!!!!!!!It has a heated indoor swimming pool everyday of teh year and i can lift weights and use the pool everyday so Im excited!

BTW DANNY WOOD FROM New Kids On The Block recommended this program, hes a fitness buff and has a hard muscular perfect body and he has been doing this program for 20 years now! he looks hot! I use to hear rumours when I first started liking them 23 years ago when they reunited, I heard rumours that Danny was hard on the guys with the diet and that he might be hard on big girls in real life, I was afraid he wouldnt like me if he ever met me.

Then a year and a half ago i went to their concert in Dallas Tx.I had a disabled seating in the disability aisle. You have to have 4 star or 5 star seating to meet the guys back stage or 4 star seating so that when the guys go into the audience and sing they give out high fives to 4 stars only the ones sitting upfront. But in this theatre because most of the seating was outside they couldnt put disability people outside so we were upfront with the 4 star setaing. I was right infront of a walking aisle the aisle was right behind me and when Donnie Wahlberg came around he walked right past me to the 5 stars,and Danny wood put his hand up for me starred straight into my eyes and smiled at me and I grabbed his hand instead high 5 ing cause I was nervous and he looked back and smiled at me. Then he videotaped me and me and friends around me it was freaking awesome!Ive been infatuated ever sense but its funny becuase he was like the only guy I wasn't sure I liked in the group because I was afraid he didn't like big girls but he sure surprised me he just walked right up to starred into my eyes and high 5ved me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Hes a good sales person though and sold me on BFL!!!!!!!!!!!!