Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, May-01-04, 07:40

Plan: Walker Diet
Stats: 238/227.4/165 Female 68inches
BF:44.9/42.8/25
Progress: 15%
Default Dr. Phil Rapid Start Plan....

Anyone doing this? I was just looking over his website and did some quick basic calculations, the rapid start plan averages about 60 grams of carbs a day. Am I way off? missing something? It's a pretty healthy way to put food on the table, eliminates some basic guess work, the people on his show ARE losing....

Curious if anyone is using/has used this plan, how's it going?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, May-01-04, 08:15
Fitday PC's #1 Fan

Plan: Maintenance
Stats: 310/151.0/152.5 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 101%

My mother (in her 70's) is doing that plan, and she lost about 7 lbs in the first two weeks while feeling more healthy and energetic than in years. She feels it is a healthy way of eating that she can stick with long term.

I'm going to look further into the Dr. Phil plan as I get closer to maintenance. I think it is pretty sound, but with my history of out of control insulin response I might need to be a bit lower carb than his standard plan.

I found his weight loss shows very helpful in breaking a big stall I had last year. I was following my plan and stalled while his people kept losing. It drew my attention to my portion size, which I first modified by eye and then later with calorie counting. Weight loss took off again. and I've lost more than any of his challengers now (of course, it took me longer to do it, but I'm still proud of having los more than even Jim!)

Lynda
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-20-04, 17:40

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 182/175/145 Female 63.5
BF:
Progress: 19%
Thumbs up Dear Up the Hill

I was reading the posts & came to the one you wrote in January. You lost an amazing amount of weight! You must be very proud & so much healthier. Congratulations to you!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-20-04, 17:44

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 182/175/145 Female 63.5
BF:
Progress: 19%
Default Dear Kris

I have a low carb diet booklet that states if you keep your carbs under 60 gms per day, you'll lose weight. Good luck!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jul-20-04, 12:43
Registered Member

Plan: Pesco vegetarian/lowcarb
Stats: 180/175/127 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 9%

[QUOTE=UpTheHill]My mother (in her 70's) is doing that plan, and she lost about 7 lbs in the first two weeks while feeling more healthy and energetic than in years. She feels it is a healthy way of eating that she can stick with long term.

I'm going to look further into the Dr. Phil plan as I get closer to maintenance. I think it is pretty sound, but with my history of out of control insulin response I might need to be a bit lower carb than his standard plan.

I found his weight loss shows very helpful in breaking a big stall I had last year. I was following my plan and stalled while his people kept losing. It drew my attention to my portion size, which I first modified by eye and then later with calorie counting. Weight loss took off again. and I've lost more than any of his challengers now (of course, it took me longer to do it, but I'm still proud of having los more than even Jim!)

is meat included in his plan, is it so that a vegetarian could follow it. how many calories a day, he seems a liitle overweight , but i guess he is a good size for his height. fill me in on his plan, or a sample menu day!