Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Thu, Nov-04-04, 09:37
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hey all!

I had salmon patties and tomato/pepper/curry soup for dinner last night.

Oh... I guess I should do a li'l intro. I'm 29, I'm a military reservist, and I live with my SO, who works in software design. I started PP in March of 2002. That's about all I can think of; I've only had one cuppa cawfee today.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Thu, Nov-04-04, 09:41
aka Celestine

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 247/185/160 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 71%

I think I'm a bit unusual as I tend NOT to get bored with limited food choices, in fact I find it comforting.

Hi 4beans, I always wondered what your name meant!

Liz
  #33   ^
Old Thu, Nov-04-04, 09:46
Anyone?? Bueller?

Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

Liz, get your spider figured out? I would have died as well.

<passes K another cup-o-joe, and makes self another>
  #34   ^
Old Thu, Nov-04-04, 09:48
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

Quote:

Ever since seeing my first DS on an ultrasound, looking like a kidney bean, I've always called my kiddos my *beans*.
  #35   ^
Old Thu, Nov-04-04, 09:58

Stats: 175/138/135 Female 5'7"
BF:I did it!
Progress: 93%

Hi--Can I join too?

I am 47 and after 25 years or so working in the outside world I now stay at home and sell books and small collectibles on eBay. A fun job since I'm pretty much addicted to auctions, flea markets and garage sales. I have three children of which only one is still at home. He's a senior this year and will be graduating in the spring. We live in a rural area in Idaho and my husband is a teacher and horseshoer (hence the "shoer" name.)

Have been on maintenance for a couple of months now and am surprised that it's going this well. I pretty much stick to low carb foods but have been cautiously treating myself every now and then to high carb/sugar foods and so far so good. I guess on that red light, green light, yellow light thing I could be all three--depends on the day and what's being offered.

Am looking forward to this chat board as, like others have mentioned, I miss the daily check-in on the regular Atkins board. Not too much there of interest any more.
  #36   ^
Old Thu, Nov-04-04, 10:11
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

Hi Shoer! Congrats on your wonderful success! I'm so glad to be able to chat daily with maintainers as well!
  #37   ^
Old Thu, Nov-04-04, 10:17

Plan: Undecided atm
Stats: 162/000/115 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 345%

Hiya mind if I join? I'm semi-maint. I haven't really decided yet where I want my weight loss to stop but at any rate I'm getting close to the end of the journey. A little about myself.. I'm 32 years old, stay at home mom, have 4 great kids (3 when the teenager is pmsing. hehe) I guess I'm in a minority when it comes to my weight. I was underweight my whole life. Prior to children the most I had ever weighed was 90lbs. Then I had children! Each pregnancy I gained WAY over what I should weigh. The highest I reached was with my second child, at the end of that pregnancy I weighed 192 lbs. Strangely the weight problems came with becoming a vegetarian. At the beginning of that second pregnancy I became vegetarian.. followed by being vegan. I was never able to get my weight down below 160's after that pregnancy until I started doing Atkins.

I tried starting Atkins in July of last year. Then after reading the book I started with a proper induction on August 1 and have never looked back. I set a short term goal of 125 for Christmas of last year and made it! January brought a big suprize... Baby on the way! So I went into panic mode ate horrible foods for 2 weeks, put on over 5 lbs. During that two weeks I read everything I could and decided that yes, I could stay on Atkins while pregnant. So I stayed on Atkins during my entire pregnancy and gained 20 lbs.. had a huge baby boy. and now (6 weeks later) I am down to 120. I got pretty accustomed to keeping 100 net carbs during pregnancy and I'm in the process of trying to cut it back some so that I can maintain and even lose a few more lbs. It's hard to cut back though. I seem to have cravings that I never had while in the induction/owl phases.

Jenn
  #38   ^
Old Thu, Nov-04-04, 10:25
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

Glad you joined us over here Jenn!!
  #39   ^
Old Thu, Nov-04-04, 10:29
Northern Mike

Plan: This time? LOL..
Stats: 251/228/190 Male 73 inches
BF:Weight in journal
Progress: 38%

Quote:

Liz

hehe... I always thought it was your last name!!

Mike
  #40   ^
Old Thu, Nov-04-04, 10:30
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

Quote:
I always thought it was your last name!!

Goof ball.
  #41   ^
Old Thu, Nov-04-04, 11:16

Stats: 169/132/132 Female 153 cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi

I get really bored with the choices as well. I should plan out my meals like you have, Beans. Sounds easier that way.

I am fairly bored with food in general (isn't that great!), I couldn't be bothered eating. I am lucky I make my LC-SO's lunch, so I snack on various lunch bits, like pork souvlaki and celery (with cream cheese, yum).

For those Canadians out there, I bought a BIG TIM mug from time hortons'. It holds six cups of coffee, it was for an event in Toronto (Shania Twain was there), and we had 25 volunteers, so I thought a nice BIIIIIG coffee was in order. Of course, I have no idea where to store it now...

Cheers
Mary
  #42   ^
Old Thu, Nov-04-04, 11:18
Gold Member

Plan: Atkins -Maintenance
Stats: 250/132/150 Female 5'6
BF:y, are you hungry?
Progress: 118%

OK guys I am so not in maintenance but I couldn't keep away. i am determined to be there soon though so I hope you guys don't mind if I poke my head in here. Hey Kristen have you tried your salmon patty recipe with caned crab meat? I did that a couple weeks ago and it was great. Becki I too have been trying one new recipe a week. Mostly from the 500 LC recipe book. My problem is I find things I like and I eat it a lot until I'm tired of it LOL.
  #43   ^
Old Thu, Nov-04-04, 11:32
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

Quote:
My problem is I find things I like and I eat it a lot until I'm tired of it LOL.

Hiya Gab Exactly why I eat it for a day or 2 and freeze the rest.
  #44   ^
Old Thu, Nov-04-04, 17:16

Plan: low carb
Stats: 150/150/120 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi everybody! I'm very excited to see some activity in this forum!!
A little about me...
I am 20 years old and a college senior at Indiana University, majoring in Marketing (watch out all you so-called "low carb" companies...I'm onto your scheming ploys!!)
I've been on maintenance since June of this year and I love it. No more religious food journaling and carb tracking...i just kinda go with the flow! And I'm having a great time experimenting with new foods and recipes because i LOVE to cook Also, it seems as though the minor increase in carbs has gotten me a few pounds below my goal weight, so now i have a little wiggle room But, unlike the limbo, this is as low as i want to go. I look forward to chatting with you all, celebrating our arrival to maintenance, and learning from each other. Cheers
  #45   ^
Old Thu, Nov-04-04, 17:28

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 166.5/146.5/145 Female 67 in.
BF:23.21%
Progress: 93%

Wow, how am I ever going to keep up with all these posts????? Happy maintaining!