Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Oct-02-02, 02:00
Registered Member

Plan: Carbohydrate addicts diet
Stats: 217.2/179.7/172
BF:
Progress: 83%
Default Nutrasweet Evil???

Hi Yall,

I am just putting this up to see if others have had similar experiences...

A few weeks ago i started getting VERY anxious in the mornings and my mood was getting really volatile... I started investigating what might be causing it...

I follow CAD and have found part of the problem is that i was over doing my Dinner "Reward Meal" carbs which Ive changed but also i started ingesting an extra 6 servings a day of Nutrasweet/aspartame products.

Apparently all my side affects are normal for "Aspartame Toxicity" and so i have given it up. NOW IM DETOXING FROM NUTRASWEET!!!

Would just like to hear from people whove had similar experiences and who may have also given them up.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Oct-11-02, 08:58

Plan: Atkins and Carbo Addicts
Stats: 160/145/135
BF:
Progress: 60%
Default nutrasweet evil?

Hey Aussiemike:

I have not experienced mood swings using nutrasweet products, but I do think that I have experienced some recent weight gain because of nutrasweet products. I have been on the CAD for about two and a half years, and within the last 6 months I incorporated some carbo-lite candy bars after my lunch, and chewing sugar free gums into my diet and I think this has caused me to gain weight! I'm gonna give that up today! Along with diet soda -- which I love! I just picked up the Hellers lasted book last night and read the part about the diet soda. I'm gonna give it four days without my carbo-lite treats, gum and diet soda and see if I notice any differences.

Does anyone have any suggestions to use as a breath freshener that does not have nutrasweet?? Is a product with sorbitol okay?
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Oct-14-02, 18:47
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

Aussiemike

Many people get anxiety and nervous attacks with nutrasweet. Some people also get shakes. In carbo addicts, too much can cause stalls and cravings. Some people are sensitive to this product. It depends on the individual.