Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-25-05, 09:52

Plan: Lower Fat/Moderate Carb
Stats: 160/103.5/100 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 94%
Default RM Items

Question for some of you who have lost quite a bit of weight doing CAD/CALP.

Are there certain high carb items during your RM that seems to have a better effect on your weight than others? I have found that when I have my RM I always want a sweet item of some kind. I stop at an average serving trying to aim for the 1/3,1/3,1/3 ratio. I keep telling myself if I am going to do this thing I want to do it right but I also want to be able to reward myself the way I should. It is all that keeps me going during the day. I just don't want to make bad choices.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-25-05, 12:06
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/297.6/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 37%

I can tolerate sugar products better than AS or flour products. The later cause me to retain water.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jan-25-05, 12:43

Plan: Plant-based
Stats: 200/168/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 53%

Hi Ann
I know you asked me this in another thread but I am going to answer here. I hope that's okay. I haven't ever heard of any get togethers here for CAD'ers. I really don't know that many people that know about this plan besides people on this board, other people just don't get it.

About my RMs? I don't always have balance. My RMs consist of what my non-carb addict DH & kids want, so I have had just about any kind of carb you can think of at my RMs. I have lost 20 lbs eating this way, so it is working. I do think if I balanced more, I'd lose quicker, but I haven't done that for more than a few days. I do think avoiding white sugar and white flour would be ideal for me, but like I said its easier said that done I don't feel like I have lost "alot" of weight though, I know in the grand scheme of things 20 lbs isn't bad, but so many others have lost so much more
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jan-25-05, 13:30

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default I find...

I find that I seem to lose better if I have high carb veggies (like sweet potatoes), or cereals (oatmeal) or sugar products (like chocolate). If I eat donuts, cakes, pies, breads, I get bloated and don't seem to lose as well. I have pretty much lost my taste for pasta, which used to be my favourite food, so I'm not sure how it affects me these days, but it would likely be in with the other flour products.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jan-25-05, 13:35

Plan: CAD
Stats: 250/245/200 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%

I find that flour products will put me to sleep, I get so groggy after my RM that I fall asleep where ever I am.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jan-25-05, 14:38
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

I found that having a high carb vegie (squash, sweet potato, carrots), whole grains (brown rice, quinoa, barley, ww bread, ww pasta, bran cereal, oatmeal) and dairy (yogurt) did the best when I was losing. Sweets would slow the loses. i always start my RMs with a salad and really do try and balance.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Feb-19-05, 09:49
Registered Member

Plan: CALP
Stats: 195/187/&;150 Female 62"
BF:34%
Progress: 9%
Lightbulb Reactions to flour

Read these posts with GREAT interest.
Because I'm allergic to many things, I put myself on an elimination diet for 2 weeks about a year ago (ate nothing containg dairy, wheat, peanuts, soy, eggs or sugar), and discovered that I seemed to have a sensitivity to anything made with wheat (gas, bloating, joint pain, edema).
What I'm saying is that some people are more sensitive to one carb than to another, and if you find that you have an unusual reaction after eating something, a visit to an allergist might have a surprising result.
Sometimes eliminating just ONE food can make a big difference.