Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, May-09-04, 18:41
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 277/255/170 Male 5 ' 10"
BF:
Progress: 21%
Default Ooops Did I make a mistake with skim milk in Carb Solutions ice cream?

Hi,

I just got off induction 3 days ago. I have been eating carb solutions ice cream and realized it had milk in it. Do I have to go back on induction? Is it okay to have this?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, May-09-04, 19:15
Gold Member

Plan: Atkins -Maintenance
Stats: 250/132/150 Female 5'6
BF:y, are you hungry?
Progress: 118%

Whether or not you should have it will have to be up to you. Have you gained any wait on it? Do you find yourself wanting more of it after you've eating one serving? I ask because I tried LC Ice cream about three months ago( not the kind you're using) and I found myself eating it after dinner every night. I didn't gain but I sure as heck didn't loose. I haven't had any in about a month and though I'm glad they have the products I really have my doubts as to whether they should be used when actively trying to loose weight. I think it is one of those YMMV situations.

As to going back on induction...the only reason I would recommend that is if your having some serious cravings that you aren't able to control and even then I would probably try some other things first. Please don't go on induction Every time you think you ate something bad. I've been on Atkins 11 months and I've reinduced a total of once and that was because I was eating things like the ice creams on a daily basis and wanting more. I hope this helps in some way and good luck to you.

Gabrielle
  #3   ^
Old Sun, May-09-04, 19:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 218/195/150 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 34%
Default Back on induction

Thanks, I was thinking the same thing, I slipped today, had some cake for Mother's Day. I was thinking that I would have to go back on induction tomorrow. Just figured I would have to start over from the beginning.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, May-09-04, 21:42
Gold Member

Plan: Atkins -Maintenance
Stats: 250/132/150 Female 5'6
BF:y, are you hungry?
Progress: 118%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sister mae
Thanks, I was thinking the same thing, I slipped today, had some cake for Mother's Day. I was thinking that I would have to go back on induction tomorrow. Just figured I would have to start over from the beginning.

No you really don't want to sink into a cycle of going back on induction every time you eat something off plan. That's just yo-yo dieting. Dr. Atkins addresses this in the book. Just get right back on plan and maybe increase the water. If you don't mind a bit of advice...Stop thinking in such short terms. One piece of cake does not mean you hve to start all over nor does it mean you have ruined your chance at success in this WOL(though it can cause water gain and even cravings that could lead to a binge if your not careful). You simply took a step backward. Now you need to take two forward and move on with it.

Now for a cautionary tail :-D

I tried WW four years back and lost 20 pounds fairly easily. After about two months I went to Chili's or some such restaurant and ate something-- I no longer remember what -- and that was the end of it. I felt like I had failed because I ate just one thing. I now know that I failed when I didn't get back on plan. Because of that failure I gained all 20 back plus another 30. I was 223 pounds when I started WW. I was 250 when I started Atkins.

P.S. if you do find yourself out of control with the eating then maybe re-Induction is neccessary I am truely glad I went back on it but it was only after nothing else worked.

Gabrielle
  #5   ^
Old Sun, May-09-04, 21:46
Bigger than ever :(

Plan: Keto
Stats: 464/280/200 Male 67.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrielleG
One piece of cake does not mean you hve to start all over nor does it mean you have ruined your chance at success in this WOL

Good point, I think that is important to remember. One screwup doesn't mean you're ruined.