Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#811   ^
Old Sat, May-29-21, 14:16

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Hello from Atlanta!

NIC- You had me in truly smily reading your post about your trip! Sitting in the white sand beach soaking up the sand, chugging down adult beverages not your JAM?!?!?!?!?!?- It's life I love! You really had me going! White sugar sand............. lucky girl.

Yeah yeah on the girl drama! It can really suck especially when lots of alcohol is involved. OMG I have a funny story about that and SO SO SO learned MY lesson.

So years ago ( when I was still in Ohio) and younger and less wise my boss said hey lets take the office over to the Mexican spot for happy hour. Well this place is KNOWN for their margarita's. They are called "Bad Ones". They are mostly tequila and a squeeze of lime juice and that is it on the rocks.
But holy crap they slide down. Can ya'll see where this story is going............ So the boss and all of us got well HAPPY..... Then my boss starts CRYING and tells everyone at the table that her boyfriend moved in with her and raped her one night and tossed her in the street from HER home!!!!!!!!!!!
Well Yours Truly told her she was an idiot for taking him back and she could do better. Told her she should have pressed charges and had him locked up and toss the key! Everyone else kept their mouth shut. But no not me.
So the next morning........ yup you guessed it- I was written up for so dam infraction for some petty issues....like being 5 minutes late or something. Yea,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, And I would do it again, only with more tack! My job there was short live. Not to self- Never a happy hour with the boss ever anywhere else!

Glad you are back home and had a great time. What is your next trip? Savannah?
It will be here before you know it! Was the beach crowded? Were people wearing masks?

Lori- Glad you had a great time at graduation!!!!!! At least the kids got one this year. Remember last year- it was all drive by........ What a difference a year makes.

Girl......... sending up go juju for you and you're Hubby and Betty. It is SO SO hard with these kinds of life decisions. It is so hard to give up something you have worked your entire life for! I feel for both Betty and for you and hubby. Hopefully you can come to some happy terms. Keep up posted!

Get rolled in and got checked in. Confirmed my movers and truck for tomorrow which took a good long minute.

Going to meet my mom and her husband for dinner. Then back to room to put up my feel before the fun begins.

Trig- I want to be just like your mom at her age! She sounds so feisty and just humming along doing her things and doesn't want a "FUSS". Yea- you just keep that eagle eye on her to keep her taking those "little pills".

Sounds like things are going awesome your direction. Getting the pool and all. Next thing you know you will be in the pool with your floating- face getting up some sun.

Cool on getting the scale moving again!!!!!!!

Hey Blue - How are things? You still thinking Savannah?
--------------------------------------------------------
Just rolled into Atlanta- almost 5.30 drive due to holiday traffic. Got checked in and am confirming my movers and truck for tomorrow.

Getting checked in and going to walk across the parking lot to have dinner with my mon and her husband. I will then check back and wait for the fun to begin.

Just to keep everyone on my time line as it has been a WHIRLWIND month.
March 28th- start new job- training for 3 weeks
May 3nd- I love my sweet sweet beloved best friend- still not over
May 8th - had to pack up my personal belongings and move to new apt where I have signed a lease. Left without Bella, and living in an empty apt. ever since with a blow- up bed, a set of towels, and my computers, a card table and my electric skillet I have been using to cook my food. Picked up a plate, cheap silverware and a TV. That is what I have been using for the last month. I also have my beach chair I use to sit on the patio and eat dinner.

Work had been hectic as I am not only working but having to put in overtime for get my work completed. I eat, work and sleep. That is about it. I have been able to explore some on the weekend- and spent some good time with my friend on St. Simon last weekend. I am LONGING for a weekend of NOTHING.

This weekend - I am emptying out my 2 storage containers of furniture and driving a 20 foot truck back to my new apt tomorrow.
I am picking up the truck first thing in the am and then meeting the moving at my storage locker where they will pack my truck. I will drive it back and park it and relax tomorrow evening.

Then Monday early afternoon I have movers coming to unload and haul everything up 3 flights of stairs- no elevator. They will be done about 4.
Then I drop off truck and Urber back and collapse until Tue when I begin another full week of work.

Then comes the unpacking after working for the next few weeks. I am thinking the follow weekend Is unpacking. I will at leach have my bed up.

So- There ya have it.......... No wonder nobody can keep up- so many moving parts and it is constantly changing. But work is constant and I am slowly but surely adjusting to a new place, space and solo.
Yes Nic- you are right- I have had many pets in my life, and the relationship I had with Bella is a once in a life time gift. We were inseparable. Never had a companion like her and she will never be replaced. We were always together. Always!

Anyway- time to get my but moving and this circus in motion. Check in after I get back to new digs with truck in tow!!!!!

I am thinking a glass of wine is SO in order!
Sponsored Links
  #812   ^
Old Sun, May-30-21, 03:22

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Just lost a post(poof*) by hitting some random combo of keys, so here we go again.

Jaz....You sure have a busy couple days ahead of you. I hope the movers show up on time and do a good job for you. Be careful driving that truck this afternoon. Did dinner with your Mom go ok?

---------

Golf canceled again today. It's cold & damp and wouldn't be any fun slogging around a wet course. Tomorrow I'm playing in a fun partner tournament and the weather is supposed to be much improved. It will, however, be quite chilly when we start at 9.

DH is going with DS & DGS17 to a cookout/picnic today that is thrown by some of the guys that own land where they hunt in the Fall/Winter. They always have a good time and I'm just glad to not have to think about dinner. Tomorrow they'll be going to our DD's for a little cookout to celebrate our DGS's graduation. At graduation the other day I told DGS that I was sorry that I couldn't come to the party, but that I had committed to playing in a partner golf tournament. He said it was not a problem and that he would rather come and watch me play golf. Gotta love a teenage boy!

Yesterday was such a boring day and today will be the same. I did do a Pahla B. workout yesterday and will do another one today. I may even be so bored today that I do some cleaning....now that's boredom!
  #813   ^
Old Sun, May-30-21, 04:19

BF:

up early to get this all done. I am having anxiety over having to drive a 20 foot truck. Got news that they had to put me in a bigger truck because the other were all gone.........

catch you later today when home. Send some good juju my way! Back on the other side.
  #814   ^
Old Sun, May-30-21, 05:31

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Jazz, sending wonderful juju your way!!! drive safe and get'er done and over with and get that new home settled!!!!

--------------wow
friggin' cold....just darn cold
cloudy, gray, boring, icky, COLD and blah here

got a nice steak and shrimp for later

kinda in a small mood cause I WAS so wanting hot hot hot swim maybe weather and freezin' my azz off.......almost friggin' June, come on ya know

oh well, stop the b'tching and move on right HAHA

be good all, chat up later
  #815   ^
Old Sun, May-30-21, 17:57

BF:

12 hours later.............
I was the first in line to get my truck at 830 this morning- and stood in line for 30 minutes before they opened. They had ONE guy at the front desk on the busiest moving day of the year! Anyway I was first so didn't care.

20 footer- OMG. I I could think about was Trig healing around her 22 footer! How in green earth do you do that????? I didn't like the truck. But I sucked it up and did it.
The movers were there ON time- professional and did a 100% in packing that truck! I could not have been more pleased. Professional and polite and efficient. RARE!!!!!

Now GETTING OUT OF ATLANTA was a BEAST!!!!!! my 5 hour trip turned into a 7.5 hour trip- and I am zonked.
I am having a glass os WELL deserved wine and beef jerky from the gas station as dinner! -

Last day on blow up bed. Tomorrow- this chapter for this year( hahahah) is done regarding the moving. Storage locker - done- and all things wanted is here waiting for the movers tomorrow early after noon. Then will return the truck to a spot 5 minutes away and Urber back.

Kicking up feet. Tomorrow in it comes and so excited!

Personals tomorrow.
  #816   ^
Old Sun, May-30-21, 18:12

BF:

Thanks for checking in Jaz! I've been thinking about you and worrying about you ALL day! Enjoy that wine and get some rest!
  #817   ^
Old Sun, May-30-21, 20:46

BF:

super cool Jazz....and it is ok it took longer cause you had to be careful driving that big truck! and super happy you got there ok and done deal....and yes relax and wine up

our camper is 34 ft long and with the mega truck we are a length of like 54-56 ft long total.....turning is our biggest concern all the time and of course where to get gas with the monster length....we can't fit just anywhere, we use truck stops mostly but hubby is a pro at hauling so....

glad you are home and safe and sound
  #818   ^
Old Mon, May-31-21, 03:06

BF:

Good Morning & Happy Memorial Day!

The dang cat got me up before 4AM....it's gonna be a long day. Heading to the golf course around 8 and hoping for a fun day. It's a couples tournament and a scramble format which means we both hit and then play from the best shot. No pressure......well, not much. I think I told you I play with another member who is 80 years old. He's a nice guy and can still hit a good ball. I doubt if we'll have very many players. Membership is dwindling the last couple years.

Jaz......I hope your truck unloading goes well today. I can't imagine moving furniture up 3 flights of stairs, but that's what movers do. I'm glad you don't have far to drive the truck to return it. Will be thinking about you again today.

Trig.....Is your weather improving today? We're finally supposed to have some sun, but only around 70 degrees. It's in the 40's now! ACK!!

Nic....Hope you're having some good family time this weekend.

Blue......

----------

That's about it from here. Wishing you !
  #819   ^
Old Mon, May-31-21, 06:55

BF:

Lori enjoy your golf day with the older dude! Sounds like you guys do get along LOL cool

4....whew....I got up at 6 which is like super late for me HA
went to bed at 1am cause hubby was up watching tv and kid was roaming the house and I was watching some crap on tv in the bedroom and I thought, damn 1 am and the house is alive....darn we live strange

I take it no big up lbs from your visit with Sis so that is great.....you didn't talk about it so it didn't happen and if up a tiny bit, you handled it I am sure.....it is great when we hit a 'very easy type' known maintenance level and hold it....and you do just that! Kudos!

Hi Jazz and Nicco
hope you guys enjoy your day!! post when ya can

___________****So hubby got work call. Deliver papers for sign to Raleigh. Be gone a good bit of the day.

work on pool for me. darn cold here. no fun but big sun and kinda ok temps and will put on the bathing suit and vacuum the pool cause I WANT outside in the sun LOL

food not a big draw. Summer. Eat way less than winter. Winter I fret and freeze and hibernate....summer I live. Actually friggin' live my life and food is not a focus.

got me some country style pork ribs to cook later
some cold chicken to nibble
leftover shrimp if wanted

less food in summer means the wallet is happier HAHA

But my mind is now on big whole beef tenderloins at a good price....smaller steak cuts but tender and delish vs.....'just feed me big honking anything steaks' I can get.....see winter vs summer. Summer is a small delish perfect tenderloin and done deal, enough, satisfied, winter I am hardly ever food satisfied.

something I see in me

Happy Memorial Day. Remembrance to honor those who gave all for our freedoms.

Enjoy the day ladies! Be good I got me a rum drink at the pool later for sure
  #820   ^
Old Mon, May-31-21, 07:44

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey chicks!

Jaz- I am so proud of you. You just get in there and get it done. You are such a can-do kind of gal!! KUDOS TO YOU, MY FRIEND! It is great to know that you are settled for a year and can just breathe a bit once your stuff is moved in.

Your work story you told us had me Man, why are so many bosses so WEIRD???

Trig- you have swimsuit weather there today? Go girl, even if it is too cold to swim yet. We are hitting the low 70s today after 3 days of 50-60 degree temps. Ridiculous!

You definitely sound like you are in your food zone in the summer. Go you!

Lori- Yikes your Memorial Day did start early! Glad you have something fun to look forward to doing today though. Good luck in your Tourney!

•••••••••••••

Well, yesterday I got to play pickleball for the first time in over two months. I won't lie- I had anxiety like crazy about going in and being awful, or getting hurt (my achilles and tendon on the right side of the right foot are still acting up) etc but I made myself and had a great time. Played 1 hr 15 minutes, won all three games (mind you I am playing beginners and am likely the youngest if not one of the youngest there) and more importantly, I really had fun. I tell ya, I learn endlessly being around older folks. These older folks are wicked tough. One is back after breaking his wrist and being gone 6 weeks, and still in PT. One is back after falling on the court and hitting his head so hard he could hardly see straight-- AND he has mild Parkinson's. He's a darn good player too! Some of the others have a limp or are just slower with age or whatever. One woman, named Renata, used to be a great pickleball player (from what I hear) and had something happen where she suffered quite a brain injury. She was back for the first time. Sweetest thing ever. And oh my, how she struggled to play. You could see the frustration on her face, at her inability to do so many things she used to do. But ladies, you know what these folks do? They show up. They don't quit. They live their lives, try hard, and are the most open, most kind people. I so need folks like that in my life- to remind me how important it is to rise up, show up, and overcome whatever it is you are facing.

My kids are all playing this morning but I decided two days in a row after over two months off probably woudn't be smart. I'll be back this week though! DH is in a poker tournament with my encouragement- I'm doing a number of fun things this year (playing catch up!) and it feels imbalanced to me. I want him to do some fun stuff too.

Not sure if K and B are coming over for Memorial Day dinner or not. I bought some Beer Brats, so we will have those, along with mashed potatoes, asparagus and salad.

I have a pretty clear June as far as events go, so trying for a clean month. I need one!
  #821   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-21, 04:44

BF:

Good Morning......June 1st!!

We had fun in the tournament yesterday. Didn't play particularly well, but some really good shots along with the stinky ones. Today I'm playing with a couple of my friends...sun is shining again! I had a good night's sleep and I'm raring to go.

Trig......You warned me that I was not allowed to complain if I gained a couple pounds from my eating while at DSis's, so I didn't mention it. But....I actually lost 1/2 lb while I was there! WTH? I was not complaining a bit! Still staying in my "safe" range.

Your DH sure puts on the miles with his driving job! Nice that he enjoys it.

Hope your weather soon improves so you can begin to enjoy that pool.

Jaz....Thinking about you and hoping you got everything moved in and your bed put together for a good night's sleep. I know you have to hit the ground running this morning for another week of work....at least it's a short week!

Nic....Awesome that PB went well for you! You were wise to not overdo it after a couple months off. I hope DH did well at the Poker Tourn. and brought home some winnings!

----------

Well, I have a bit over an hour until I have to start getting ready for golf. Time for more coffee!!

Have good days!
  #822   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-21, 06:05

BF:

HI Ladies! I am totally in and worked until almost 11 pm last night opening a few boxes and washing a ton of sheets and towels, blankets ect........

I got my bed made up and it was HEAVEN!!!!!

I am sitting on MY couch having coffee from MY cup and writing to you from MY living room.

Lori- Yup- here I am!!! Have fun today on the course! YAY on getting some sun. You even played on the holiday???? Go you!!! Does your hubby care you play alot? - I bet not since he is still working. He is still working right? Does he work full time?

NIC- I just loved your story. I loved hearing about those seniors that SHOW up and LIVE- regardless! We are around the corner on that! So yea, great message: SHOW UP And LIVE regardless!

So you were killing it on pickle ball huh? Did you just learn? My son plays 3-4 times a week. He is 33. He just shows up and people let him play. He is pretty good!
Your dinner sounded so yum!!!!

Nice to have some down time for June! I am sure you will find things to fill up your time!

Trig- I had ribs yesterday too!!!!! Mine I put in the oven, no grill. I do love them smoked! But they were still wonderful. I got a bag of cabbage and was to tired to do anything except pull them out of the oven. I ate 1/2 slab with LC BBQ and was in pork heaven. I didn't have any sides and didn't miss it.
Lost a pound too!!!!

I read your story and my eyeballs were huge! I hear you on where to pull a hual like that for gas!!!!! I would have to say that was an issue when I had to get gas. How to pull in a truck. I waited for the outside lane and then a frekin car parked ahead of me so I could not pull forward. Forget about backing up!!!!!

Yay on pool side with a rum drink!!!!!!
Yup Summer is HERE baby enjoy every bit of it! I want lighter fare as well.
I don't do chicken well. But the ribs were good and I will def do those again. So easy to open the pack and pop on a rub, tuck in foil and cook at 225 for 4 hours- boom eat. And the apt smelled so good. I know the movers were wanting some, they kept saying how good it smelled! HAHA

Hey Blue!
------------------------------------------------
For the most part- the weekend went off without a hitch. But I spent alot of planning and coordinating. There was a ton of moving parts and if the link went down it would have had a ripple effect so I was finger crossing along the way.

The driving of the truck back 8 hours I think was the toughest. I am not the best driver and was praying or nice weather and got my wish!

Now comes the part to unpack boxes. I must have 100 boxes! I FILLED a 20 foot truck from floor to ceiling and I got rid of a ton before that!!!! Well..... one box at a time right?
I am going to get a cute dining room set. I have the room for it after the boxes are gone. It will be super cute.

I am very happy to have landed here. My living room has a wall of windows facing tall pines- really a stunning view!!! The city I am in is one of the fastest growing cities in GA. Just a great location.
I need to explore after I am unpacked and all. I know there is more to Pooler than Tanger outlets!!! HAHAHAH

I have met a few neighbors and they are sweet. Way younger than me- my kids age- but still they are sweet. This complex is a younger set of professionals. The late 30's young 40's group. There are over 30 cops that live here. The first responders all got a 20% discount when the complex opened last year and they all flocked here. I love it because it is super safe.

Yup- Lori you are right- I need to hit the ground running for yet another week!!!!!! - no rest for the weary!

Ok ladies have an awesome day! JUNE 1st. Summer is here- play hard!
  #823   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-21, 08:17

BF:

**********SO I AM IRKED AND TICKED OFF

grocery store raised my snow crab legs up $3 per lb…can you believe it? Out of my price range now…done deal. Won’t be gracing those on my plate much anymore.

and I asked meat guy what’s the deal and he said before the memorial day holiday weekend they all came in and raised prices on almost every single item in the store!!! WOW we all in my area just got hit with big price increases —again! I tell ya guys, I wanna scream but it is what it is

back later to chat, my butt is steaming here and it is my butt, not crab legs to eat! No steaming my crab legs darn it....ugh

ERRRRRRR ROAR! GRRRR Growl
  #824   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-21, 18:15

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

URGH That totally sucks, Trig. I feel like groceries are becoming so expensive across the board. I hate that for ya. Hopefully they will somehow come back in range soon.

Jaz- so happy to imagine you curled up on your couch, getting to use your own bed, having a more homey place with your stuff there now. Yay!!

So proud of you for getting the job done with the move. It was a lot to manage and coordinate. Knowing you, you will make friends with some folks in the complex no matter what their ages are.

I hope your dinner with your Mom and her husband went okay.

Lori- I hope your golf day went well today. Is your hamstring fully recovered now? You are out there most every day now it seems!

•••••••••

Played pickleball this evening. It's not my preference to play in the evening but it was all right. I think I'll stick to daytimes otherwise. I like when the beginners and better players have separate times.

Other than that, all is well. We had a nice Memorial Day with all the kids around (though DS19 had eaten and pretty much hung out downstairs, as he had a rare day off.)

Not much else to report, just tooling along doing my thing!
  #825   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-21, 03:07

BF:

Good Morning!

Trig.....sorry about your crab leg prices! Wow! I was just seeing a story on the news about all meat prices likely to go up because of yet another cyber attack on a major computer system that runs one of the biggest meat processing plants. I wish these hackers would use their talents for good instead of evil!

Nic....Yay for pickleball! I hope your Achilles does not flare up and cause you any trouble. I still have twinges now and then in my Hamstring. I haven't tried running again since it happened. Sometimes I am just sitting and I'll get a zing of mild pain in my butt(hamstring attachment). It's weird.

Jaz...So happy to know you have all your "stuff" and are getting yourself settled in. Your apartment complex sounds so nice and full of good people. Awesome!

You asked if my husband minds that I play so much golf.....No, he is very happy that I have something I love so much. Yes, he works part-time for the recreation authority and always seems to have something to do this time of year. He's actually been working a bit more this Spring as they get ready for the Summer season. Plus, he has a good bit of grass & flower beds here at home to take care of. Luckily, Betty's yard is quite small and it doesn't take him long to mow it. He usually gets someone to help him once a year to trim all her shrubbery etc. All that to say, while I'm on the golf course, he's working at something!

-----------

I'll be heading to the course around 8 this morning. I guess a rain shower may pop up this afternoon, but hopefully we'll be finished before it starts. I think today is my last day to play until Saturday. My friend can't play the next 2 days. It won't hurt me to stay home and do some work around here.

Have a good day!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Wed, Jun-02-21 at 03:19.