Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, May-04-05, 06:24

Plan: Mod-CAD
Stats: 230/224/150 Male 5,11
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default Checking Weight At Night

I am checking my weight at night and would like to no if there is any signifigance to this? I figure that I have a high weight at night because I just had eight glasses of water all day. And more people see me with my water weight then they do when I wake up so I figure I should know the weight that I have when people acculy see me. But, my long term changes (ever short term changes) in my weight will prove that I am losing weight. But mabey I am wrong. Thanks...
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, May-04-05, 10:56

Plan: atkins since 1-21-03
Stats: 210/155/125 Female 5 ft. 3 in.
BF:
Progress: 65%

i personally never weight at night because the reading is never correct due to what i ate that day water, etc. - i like to get a true reading of what my body weighs and doing it after i have eaten or drank will ruin it in my opinion.

when you weigh at night after having eaten all day your weight will/can fluctuate anywhere from 3-10 lbs. i have weighed myself first thing in the morning and gotten a weight of 140 lbs. then weighed at night after having eaten and drank 8 glasses water etc and weighed 148 lbs. now i dont believe i actually gained 8 lbs. from morning to night it was just the food and water being processed and until it is processed you wont get the correct weight. after this experiment the next morning i weighed in and my weight had gone down 1 lb. to 139lbs.

hope this helps you. the best thing for you to do is experiment with weighing and certain times of day. see what works best for you.- even if it is just motivational
  #3   ^
Old Wed, May-04-05, 11:35

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 233/192/145 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 47%

You definitely weigh more at night. You are much better off to weigh in the morning, if at all possible. When you weigh at night, you have to determine how long ago you had your dinner, what liquids you have consumed, etc. When you weigh in the A.M. right after you get up and before you eat or drink anything, than you will be a lot more accurate on your weight.

I hope this helps.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, May-04-05, 15:37

BF:

Would it be all right for me to start weighting myself in the morning ever though I weight myself at night before now? Thanks...
  #5   ^
Old Wed, May-04-05, 15:51

Plan: atkins since 1-21-03
Stats: 210/155/125 Female 5 ft. 3 in.
BF:
Progress: 65%

weigh yourself whenever you want i just wouldnt use it as my actual weight unless it is in the morning.

why dont you weigh in the morning and at night - this will allow you to see the differences and what the pattern is.

IMO if you are looking to verify that you have actually lost weight then the only way to go is in the morning.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, May-04-05, 15:51

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 233/192/145 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 47%

Sure it would be OK to do that. Just start tracking your weigh in the AM. Are you averaging your weight, like the Heller's suggested?
  #7   ^
Old Thu, May-05-05, 06:53

BF:

Yes........