Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > TOF's (The Over Fifty's)
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Fri, Jul-18-14, 04:29

Plan: NK-LCHF
Stats: 158.2/155.2/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 13%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilikemice
I've had the most trouble staying on track this summer and I think it's related to life stresses (read; difficult significant other) but yeah, the heat and humidity just seems to make me lose motivation and I feel less quick and active. Total opposite of what most people would say they feel. I kinda hunker down and wait for the season to be over with.

I am that type of person as well, anything above 80 F sort of doesn't feel right. Love spring and fall if they'd ever exist anymore. We seem to be switching to summer and winter way too quick these last few years. When I was working out yet, I would usually pretty much stop during the summer, just some walking maybe, but no gym stuff. And these days an occasional walk.

Food wise my motivator has been the science behind HF/LC and how we seemingly have been lied to for the sake of money, again. Having become a carb addicted person, I feel like I am rebelling against my old habits and the industry. If it works for me to stay on this WOL then maybe I can set an example for my kids and grandkids, so is my hope and desire.
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-14, 09:35

Plan: HFLC/IF
Stats: 218/176/140 Female 5'4"
BF:27%
Progress: 54%

Hi. I'm 53 until the 25th of this month. I am seeing a lot of correlation between water and my losses. It's been this way every time I try to go back to LC. I'll work with it this time and beat this weight into submission.
  #78   ^
Old Fri, Aug-15-14, 18:36

Plan: My own plan
Stats: 260.4/201/180 Female 5'6"
BF:fluffy
Progress: 74%

Hi Ann, I will be 55 in November. Is this your first time at doing LC? I lost 65 lbs in 2008 with this woe but fell of the wagon after about 2 years and steadily regained all plus.
  #79   ^
Old Fri, Aug-15-14, 19:00

Plan: HFLC/IF
Stats: 218/176/140 Female 5'4"
BF:27%
Progress: 54%

Oh, no, it's not my first time, by a long shot. I lost about 60 pounds in six months, back in '99 with PP. I now wish I had more pictures of me at that time. I highly favor Eades's plan, over other authors, as far as my own choices go. I didn't stay on plan much after the holidays that year, and of course gained it all back, plus some, like so many others. I used the old usenet system and read/posted in alt.support.diet-lowcarb, Or ASDLC. It was a marvelous board and made it possible for me to be successful. I used to have my sig designed to try to find some of the old members but didn't have much luck.
  #80   ^
Old Sat, Aug-16-14, 11:32

When I lost before I primarily was on LC Friends and there was a thread there that I was a part of that eventually "disbanded". There is another thread over on that site that I frequent.

This time around I learned about this site and have enjoyed the variety between the two sites.

I found a blog that has recipes using Quest bars. They sound interesting. Quest nutrition website also sells protein chips that look like a potato chip. I wouldn't mind trying those sometime.

I took my mom to breakfast and there was an omelet choice but it came with potatoes and toast. I asked if I could just have the omelet and reduce the price by the a la carte prices for the potatoes and toast. I was told they couldn't do that but i could sub with fruit. I said no. So, a la carte it was. I had 2 eggs over easy and ham.

I have bought farm eggs for several years now and their yolks are dark yellow to orange. The eggs this morning were pale yellow, quite the difference.
  #81   ^
Old Sun, Dec-28-14, 11:44
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%

Hello I'm Kassie and I'm 50 I'm doing Dr. Bernstein diet I"m on day 3. I don't exercise due to lame in right leg. I do walk at college and I'm a senior (1-1/2 yrs to graduate) Civil Engineering.
  #82   ^
Old Mon, Dec-29-14, 08:37

Hi Kassie, welcome to the 50's club. I haven't heard of Dr. Bernstein, I will have to Google that one

I do my own LC version, tweaking as I go. I got really derailed over the last few days, gaining 9 lbs of water weight. At least I hope that is all it is. So, back on track this morning and shooting for onederland again.

I am able to exercise thankfully and do so daily. What has helped me is tracking my food on My Fitness Pal and using the Fitbit.
  #83   ^
Old Mon, Dec-29-14, 21:41

Plan: Atkins / Keto / ZC
Stats: 182/130/130 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello everyone! I have been doing LCHF (Atkins Fat Fast basically) since March 2013, and have lost about 15 lb. I will have to update my profile. I weigh 163 lb now, and would like to get down to 156 lb. It says my goal is 150 lb, which might be a tad optimistic. I am almost through menopause. Been sweating lately in the Queensland summer. Gah. I gained about 3 lb over Christmas, because I ate carbs and chocolates (not many). I find that if I eat when I am not hungry, I don't drop the weight. I try to eat only when I am hungry. I let LCHF and my body tell me when I should eat, and have been moderately successful. The weight IS dropping off, it just takes much longer than it used to. I turned 55 a few weeks ago. I DO have high cholesterol, and I have spoken to the doctor. I am reluctant to go on cholesterol lowering drugs without a sure sign that my arteries are getting clogged.
  #84   ^
Old Thu, Jan-01-15, 11:47

Plan: Keto
Stats: 190/155/145 Female 5ft 3.5 in
BF:
Progress: 78%

Well I'm way past being in my 50's but thought I would drop by and wish everyone Happy New Year!!! I hope this year brings everything you want
  #85   ^
Old Thu, Jan-01-15, 14:17

Happy New Year all. Still a bit off track but slowly getting back on the wagon.
  #86   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-15, 17:52
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%

Happy new years. Off to a good start I hope
  #87   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-15, 06:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 255/240/140 Female 5 feet 6inches
BF:39.5
Progress: 13%

I'm 57 and on Atkins. I am insulin resistant and had some success with a fat fast. It takes me a long time to lose. I've been doing this since last September and have lost a total of 25 pounds. Sometimes I only can lose a half pound in two weeks! It can be so frustrating! I am a former yoyo dieter all my life so I know that plays into it. I have to tell myself that as long as the weight goes down I'm succeeding. I didn't get this way overnight! After menopause it seems like the fat turns to cement!
  #88   ^
Old Sat, Jan-31-15, 12:33

Forestland, 25 pounds is great. It beats going in the other direction even if it is slow.
  #89   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-15, 15:27

Plan: 6WBMO/Paleo
Stats: 196.7/175.6/130 Male 5'6
BF:
Progress: 32%

Hello, thought I'd mosey on over to say hi, but it looks like I'm 2 years, too late.

That's okay, someone will post soon and we'll get it going again. I'm 59 in March and HAVE TO GET RID OF THIS WEIGHT! I kept doing it wrong, thinking I could still have wine. Not wise. It does stall you, afterall.
  #90   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-15, 20:22

Why do you say that you are too late?