Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Breakfast Ideas
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Wed, Feb-08-12, 10:18
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%

I love sour cream (or cream cheese) added to scrambled eggs!

I think I've posted this recipe on the forums before, but this recipe is really a different way to have scrambled eggs, too. http://buttoni.wordpress.com/2010/0...tarragon-cream/ I'm not so fond of eggs or omelets, and these little tricks to make them tastier really help me a lot.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sun, Apr-22-12, 11:54

Plan: LC
Stats: 294/289.4/175 Female 64 in
BF:yikes!!
Progress: 4%

I get bored of eggs, too, even though I love them.... The sour cream added to scrambled eggs is delish! I will have to try the cream cheese idea, too.

Another idea I got from my MIL is to add a pat of butter to boiled eggs. (I know, who would have thought.....?)

It won't work with cold boiled; you have to use hot (or still warm) boiled eggs, cut them up, add S/P and a pat of butter on top, then try and mix it up so the melting butter gets on most of the eggs. It gives the eggs a lovely, creamy texture.
  #33   ^
Old Tue, May-01-12, 13:52
Registered Member

Plan: Adkins so far
Stats: 398/358/200 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 20%

I find I miss my fried eggs with bacon. Theres nothing like buttered toast to dip into the yolks! So...I made cheese crisps ( spray a saucer with pam add couple tbl. shredded cheddar, mic for 2.20 seconds) let cool a minute, butter it and use in place of crispy toast to dip in my yolks! Crunchy, buttery and cheesey...yum! Another is 3 boiled eggs, peel under cold water then hot again when naked, chop up and add butter...couple pieces of bacon...love this!
  #34   ^
Old Tue, May-01-12, 14:12

Plan: Non Specific - Just LC
Stats: 188/163/130 Female 5'4"
BF:46.65%/37.7%/23%
Progress: 43%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezi
I find I miss my fried eggs with bacon. Theres nothing like buttered toast to dip into the yolks!

That's the only way I used to eat eggs when I was a kid. Now I dip my bacon or sausage in them and the kids do it too. My youngest told her grandmother she was crazy when she saw her eating toast with eggs one day. I never offer toast with eggs here at home so when she finally noticed someone else eating toast with eggs she just couldn't wrap her little brain around the concept. Of course my diabetic MIL thought it was a real shame that my kids didn't know that toast obviously gets eaten with eggs.
  #35   ^
Old Thu, Jun-20-13, 04:26
Registered Member

Plan: my own blend
Stats: 270/215.5/160 Female 5'2
BF:lots
Progress: 50%

I don't eat eggs too much since they did get old fast I make a faux pancake with flaxmeal and sour cream then fry and add sf syrup not the real thing but not bad