Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Sep-03-01, 19:48
Pending Member

Plan: Anti-Candida
Stats: 152/150/130
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default Cheating

My family is going on a beach vacation to South Carolina. I will be low carbing of course, but I know that I will probably cheat a little. I am still on Diflucan.

I know being on an anti-candida diet, I can intake a few more carbs than that of an Atkins diet, but I don't generally make a habit of cheating and try to keep carb intake around 15-30 grams per day.

Should I take a natural anti-candida remedy as well for that week? (I cant remember the name right now is it Capryatic acid??? Im sure I botched that name).

Anyone with candida have any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Oct-30-01, 12:32

Plan: Dietician's diet
Stats: 141/120/120
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Ellbeegee! I am on the yeast free, sugar free, low carb diet and what you might be talking about is a capsule called Yeast Defense, you can buy it at a health food store. It has all of the ingredients to help combat those nasty yeast cells. Just be careful about cheating too much because you could end up feeling really lousy like me these past few days and then you just ask yourself ... was it really worth it? How long have you been on the diet? Did you see a doctor about your problems? Just wondering ... I had to pick a whole new doctor who specializes in homeopathic medicine, because my other doctors just told me that the 'yeast syndrome' was all in my head and that nothing would ever help me, I would just have to put up with feeling like heck for the rest of my life cuz I was getting older and that is a part of life! And they were sooooo wrong, my homeopathic doctor is the best and he has helped me feel fabulous again! I also have fibromyalgia too and when I am strict on the diet I feel so great, but if I cheat too much or too often I am so sick! Too tell you how good I have gotten I recently painted two bathrooms and one large bedroom in our house with primer paint (two coats each) and a light base color (one coat) and sponged the rest (one coat) and I can usually get a room done in two days! How's that for feeling great? Take care of yourself and if there is anything that I can do to help you just let me know okay? I am new here too!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Oct-30-01, 21:11
Pending Member

BF:

Hi Lizzie:

Thanks for the reply. I don't see a homeopath, but I see an M.D. who believes in "natural" forms of medicine, but also prescribes over the counter meds. My candida is resistant to ALL forms of natural medicines (tough little buggers!!!). I am on a low-carb diet (no sugar, vinegar, breads, cheese, etc) the same as you are. Most "mainstream" doctors don't believe in Candida even if there is a test proving it is there!!!

This diet is much tougher than the basic low-carb because we cant have cheese, cream etc (you know the drill).

Can you send me an email? I have a couple questions for you.

ellbeegee
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Oct-31-01, 10:20

BF:

Hi Ell! Yes, this diet is rough and I actually have to see my nutritional counselor today and I did mess up big time this past weekend! I had too much of the wrong stuff and have felt really bad ever since. Do you have any of the cravings that I still have? We are having a Halloween luncheon today at work and of course there won't be much for me to eat but oh well at least I won't be falling asleep or sitting around dying from indigestion, right? I brought in two chocolate cakes and all that I can do is LOOK at them! Chocolate really does me in since I have been off of it! They told me to try Carob and it really isn't that bad, I bought the carob chips and the carob powder (to make hot cocoa) and it was pretty good. But I still limit that too. I am still not allowed any really sweet fruits yet. The counselor also wants me to try tofu, so I bought it but now I am not sure how I will use it. My email address is --Send a PM--. Take care and I will talk to you later!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Oct-31-01, 10:25

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizzie
My email address is --Send a PM--. Take care and I will talk to you later!

Lizzie, you have to send a private message to give out your email on this board; to protect us from spammers. You'll be able to access PM's aftere 25 posts. If you have a homepage with your email address on that you might try posting the link.

Nat
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Oct-31-01, 10:58

BF:

Why won't my email addy show up? I will post it this way and see if it works: LizzieL1108 at netscape.net and of course you know that 'at' means ~. It won't show up the other way so that's my address. Talk to you soon!
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Oct-31-01, 12:10

BF:

Thanks Nat! I can't send out a Private Message from here (I am at work) because they block them here. I don't have a homepage, I am a computer programmer but I don't know how to do web design yet. I find the internet and web design fascinating but so far I have no time to learn it, I work full time and I am also working on getting a college degree (I am half way there!) plus I am married and I have kids, so you could say that I am way too busy! Thanks for being there and helping me, you are so kind to a newcomer!
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Mar-30-02, 13:20

Plan: with lentils
Stats: 120/120/120
BF:
Progress:
Lightbulb Chocolate and coconut - drink

Hi, just a tip for snack
I have been on no sugar diet for ages, and so am used to not eating it, but still crave it:
Chocolate is fermented, but boiling usually kills the yeast (wether spores still stay live and may affect you is debatable, some people avoid even the killed yeast)

I make hot chocolate drink with coconut and water and cocoapowder. I used canned coconut, but fresh is of course best. My daughter prefers with milk and sugar, but I am used to this kind of thing.

I think it should be OK, any comments?

And you can try to make a cake with mild beans and chocolate, with egg and minimal fructose or stevia or whatever you can eat (I can't have any sugars now, but hope to be able to eat fructose after a while).

Tove
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Mar-30-02, 18:12
Pending Member

BF:

Thanks Tove. Look forward to trying that!!! I love chocolate in any form!!