Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jun-19-07, 08:19

Plan: low carb
Stats: 267.4/242.8/170 Female 65.5 inches
BF:too/freakin/much
Progress: 25%
Default amino acids, rip fuel and low carb

i just started working out again after an 8 month "ghost" disappearance. i was told by a friend who is helping me work out at the gym that i should take an amino acid with the rip fuel (or stacker) while i do my lowcarb WOL. he said that it will help force the body to use its emergency storage. has anyone every heard of this?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jun-19-07, 08:41

Plan: close to zero carbs
Stats: 225/206/210 Male 73
BF:
Progress:

well kindof..

Ripped fuel and Stacker can help "free up" subcutaneous fat...they can help speed up the metabolism,supress the appetite and help the body use fat as energy.

Amino acids are a good thing,but they are expensive. If you are eating low carb and hign protein,you are getting plenty of amino acids.

If you do decide to try them out, make sure they are crystalline,free form amino acids.

I'm not sure if Ripped Fuel or Stacker contains Ephedra any longer.

If not they may have Bitter Orange(Citrus Autrintium?) which is a good alternative

I would first go to a convenience store and see if they have some of those individual energy packets with ephedra and see how you feel on them before spending your money on RF and Stacker.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jun-19-07, 09:39

Plan: low carb
Stats: 267.4/242.8/170 Female 65.5 inches
BF:too/freakin/much
Progress: 25%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gostrydr
well kindof..

Ripped fuel and Stacker can help "free up" subcutaneous fat...they can help speed up the metabolism,supress the appetite and help the body use fat as energy.

Amino acids are a good thing,but they are expensive. If you are eating low carb and hign protein,you are getting plenty of amino acids.

If you do decide to try them out, make sure they are crystalline,free form amino acids.

I'm not sure if Ripped Fuel or Stacker contains Ephedra any longer.

If not they may have Bitter Orange(Citrus Autrintium?) which is a good alternative

I would first go to a convenience store and see if they have some of those individual energy packets with ephedra and see how you feel on them before spending your money on RF and Stacker.

the rip fuel/ stacker doesnt contain ephedra. that stuff makes it tooo hard to stay still. i took it once and thought i was dying. so no ephedra for me.... we just started a real hard work out... where between every rep i knock out 50 crunches... the workout last about 1.5 hours. so 45minutes of cardio and anothere 45 minutes of intense weight lifting. did i mention this guy is a marine that boxes and never lost a fight????? i know i dropped at least a pound last night but i have some sore areas which are prob. swollen/retaining water before i see the weight go down..
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jun-19-07, 10:10

Plan: Paleoish/Keto
Stats: 225/167/175 Male 71.5 inches
BF:18%
Progress: 116%

I would never take food or supplement advice from a gym partner.