Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 05:45

Plan: atkins
Stats: 165/157/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default B.L.T. CLUB calls Fitday fans

That's "BANISHING THE LAST TEN " club

Hi all,

I just did a search on this forum regarding Fitday in preparation to start using it tomorrow. I found fans and complaints.

I am NOT looking forward to starting tomorrow. Counting and jotting down food was one of the things I hated about WW....but starting tomorrow this club is pulling out all the stops and ATTACKING the last ten. So.......I'm going to do it.

I'M LOOKING FOR THE FITDAY FANS OUT THERE...... any advise? Anything to make it easier? Any tips from the experts? I wish there were a cheat sheet or something. More stress is NOT what I need!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 06:05
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

I am a huge fan of Fitday. I use it every day to track my food and my exercise. I like it because you can access it anywhere and it makes it easy for me to see my fat/protein/carb ratios. And, it makes it easy for me to plan meals in advance-I can see exactly what all my ratios are and can adjust them quickly.

I prefer to add custom foods as I need them-since I eat a lot of the same things every day-it doesn't take much time for me to get my foods listed.

My one complaint is the default serving sizes fitday uses-be very careful of that.

Once you get things initially set up-you can go to the recent or custom food box, scroll down and choose "List all recent foods" or "list all custom foods" that will bring you to a page where you can check every thing off really quickly. Then you can adjust serving sizes on the main page all at once.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 06:10

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 149/138/132 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 65%

In Fitday how do you count the hamburgers, theirs all include the bun.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 06:21
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 156/150/138 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 33%

I like Fitday. I use it to plan my meals for the day that way I can keep it 20 gr of carb easier.
To the person who asked about hamburgers... I just go into meat (ground) and under that there is pattie. Click on that. Once you click and it shows up on your daily food intake, when you go to imput how much, there is a choice of large, medium or small pattie. Its easy!!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 07:02

BF:

Thank you Paleo :-)

Any tips, tricks, or things to make getting used to Fitday easier are very appreciated!!!
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 08:17
Registered Member

Plan: 00000
Stats: 000/000/000 Male 000
BF:
Progress: 38%

Paleo has hit it straight!

Fitday is a pleasant way of keeping track...and after about a week...you will ZIP around with speed...so don't get discouraged at first.

SALT: on MANY foods...fitday assumes you added salt...this throws off yoru sodium intake for the day, especially if you track it, as I do. You can remedy this by clicking on that particular food...then observe at the right of the screen...it will have an INGREDIENTS column. If Salt is listed...you know THEY added it in (even if you did not). To get rid of it: You simply click on the food item (alos shown there in that column) and then add THAT only to your foods list.

Sometimes this will not work however...as the food item by itself may not have an "add to foods eaten" button. In this case you can put it in as a "custom food" ...AFTER writing down the nutritional values.

On the left are linls to other pages...I find the REPORTS link VERY helpful. Once you click it...it brings up another page...and on THIS page, you can check your nourishment listings for THAT DAY...or past week, or past two weeks. This will show your mainstream nutrients and show how much of them you are getting in comparison to the RDA for that nutrient. Then you will know what supplements you may be lacking. Once you know this...you can seek out foods that provide them and "balance your books".

Fitday is GREAT...Convenient...and helpful in ways that you could NEVER achieve within the same time constraints.

Hope this helps you some...

VERY best wishes and warmest regards;
Jake
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 08:53

Plan: Modified VLCD
Stats: 456/431.2/185 Male 70"
BF:49%/??/11%
Progress: 9%

Quote:
Originally posted by Auburn2932
In Fitday how do you count the hamburgers, theirs all include the bun.

If you go to the browse meats section, choose beef, scroll down and you will see ground beef. Just click on the type you had and put the amount in and that will do it for you.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 16:03

BF:

Man..I LOVE you guys!!! Thanks for the support. Doing the Fitday thing is .......well, it's something I'm pretty resistant to doing. I'll keep you updated.

Hey, can your list of the added custom foods be highlighted and copied, like to a Word Document? I mean, aren't there a lot of common things we all eat? Like Splenda, and the Pizza Quiche? Just wondering. This probably won't be bad at all.....I just got SO tired of journaling on WW.
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 16:25
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Wordlady,

In your "Fitday search" did you come across the sticky "Fitday.com How To's?" It's in the Newbies' Questions forum.

Rosebud
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 16:50

BF:

Oh my gosh!!! No!!!! And I really DID do a search!!!

THANK YOU!!!
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 17:20

Stats: 239/203/160 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 46%
Default after a while

it does get pretty quick - I enter each meal as I go, and plot out my activities. Playing around there I found you can keep graphs of your progress, keep a journal too if you wish. Pretty cool for a freebie site, me thinks!

Jan
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 17:28
Registered Member

Plan: 00000
Stats: 000/000/000 Male 000
BF:
Progress: 38%

Hey Wordlady...not to worry kiddo...this will be a breeze for you!
If you get stuck on something, you can email me for help...I check the emails frequently each day...and don't mind helping anyone who is trying to drop the poundage
Best wishes;
Jake
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 17:34
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
you can email me for help.

Yes, you can do that.....but the thing about emails is that no one else gets to share the info. And as questions about Fitday are pretty common, I think sharing info here on the board would be helpful to many others.

Rosebud
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-03, 23:13

Plan: Food Combining
Stats: 220/175/154 Male 5feet5inches
BF:?/27.5%/19.6%
Progress: 68%

I have a love hate relationship with fitday. Love it because tracking everything is a factor which lead me to break a year long stall, hate it cbecause it uses American measurments (no probs for you).

I'll answer any questions you have about it if you post them on my journal.

I've got 10 kilos left...I suppose that doesn't count for the B.L.T. challenge?

Robert

P.S. Visit your homepage on fitday to make your fitday public. It helps people keep an eye onm what you're doing.
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 04:38

BF:

I'M SO LUCKY TO HAVE YOU GUYS!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

And I don't know how my search didn't turn up the HUGE thread over at the newbie section. I'm going to be gone all day, but will take a notebook with me.

How much is ten kilos? Heck, just join us!!! Who cares???