Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Oct-06-07, 20:36

Plan: LC w/o "counting" carbs.
Stats: 320/259/185 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 45%

I started to get symptoms as well...and started taking a probiotic 2x a day...It's been about a week and I am just starting to feel a difference now....I also cut WAY back on cheese and Diet Coke.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Oct-07-07, 14:37

Plan: LC combo
Stats: 223/211/150 Female 5ft.4in.
BF:
Progress: 16%

Ellbeegee - I'm sorry you can't have coffee. My allergist did not take me off coffee. I have more of an allergic reaction but I still have the same symptoms if I get lazy - fatigue and such. I'm also off all sugar but I'm allowed a little cheese for snacks although I don't eat much at all. I never did ask about mushrooms...I don't eat them often, maybe once a week.

But I'm off all processed foods and I bake my own stuff - Bette Hagman's books are great for gluten-free eaters so you can still have the good stuff. The pizza crust isn't the best; more like a batter. But still, it's good overall. And I've substituted Xylitol for cane sugar, molasses and honey. There's also a company that makes xylitol-based honey substitute. Products are getting better all the time.

Yes, the list of what you can have is much better. It requires some time and investment in your pantry, literally cleaning out what you cannot have and stock up on what you can have to make cooking easier. Giving up potatoes is very hard and I'm not completely off rice. I do use brown rice...it is a concession to my family. But again, for LC purposes, it is not a lot for me personally. I've gotten along well with just lots of veggies as a base for chicken paprikash and such.

I've never plunked around much on this forum but I think I will come back more often. Cheers!
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Oct-10-07, 12:45

Plan: My own L/C
Stats: 225/198/188 Male 179cm
BF:
Progress: 73%

Can someone please tell me what's Candida ? Sorry about this question but I really don't know.
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Oct-10-07, 13:48

Plan: induction
Stats: 330/325/230 Male 75
BF:
Progress: 5%

Candida is a yeast that lives in your small intestion. Its job is to extract neutriants from your food.
Candida overgrowth is when that yeast is expanding and can travel to the stomach and other organs. If it punctures the intestion, leaky gut syndrone, you have a real problem.
Loosing weight will be impossible if this happens.
Google can tell you more.
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Oct-14-07, 18:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 184/140/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 75%

Talk about yeast overgrowth....I have it full blown for over a year and can't get rid of it. HELP!!!!
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Oct-14-10, 15:07

Plan: anti candida
Stats: 107/134/133 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress:

One note, don't eat chocolate, even if it is sugar free, because it is made with candida krusei, a pathogenic species of candida that is even more difficult to kill than candida albicans. Candida krusei is used to process chocolate to make it less bitter and so you can't get chocolate that has not been eaten by the candida. The only reason this is no big deal for most people, is because candida krusei, although more resistant to anti-fungal drugs than C. Albicans is, is also less aggressive about infecting humans and usually won't unless you have some kind of major problem already like a very immunosuppressed condition, or I would think, a candida overgrowth already.
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Dec-09-10, 11:22

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 157/130/130 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress:

Hey guys! There is a good website: yeastinfectionadvisor.com
I have learned so much for this and it's all free.