Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Oct-02-02, 12:02
Registered Member

Plan: not sure
Stats: 230/195/170
BF:
Progress: 58%
Default Help Me Please My Diet/body= Messed Up

This summer 2002 , i was pretty overweight i was 6'2 225 lbs, then around the end of the summer before school started i started crazy diet starting 1st of august 2002, i began starvation diet eating 200 calories a day or less in form of vegetables for 6 days in a row then cheating for 1 day on weekend (eating everything unlimited) . Thinking it would KICK START my metabolism and send me straight to the bathroom but NO it didnt , the food got stuck in my stomach and did not move , i felt bloated with food/water for a coupel of days, i continued the starvation 6 days with little food and 1 day cheat fest, i did this all of august 2002, i lost around 30lbs , alot was fat BUT MOST WAS MUSCLE TISSUE, TONZ OF MUSCLE LOST.

i started to look sick, my metabolism was shot dead,everything was so messed, when id cheat alot my body would double in size the food gets stuck in my stomach and wOULD NOT MOVE what the hell is going on.

starting september 3rd i went to school, i looked sick , pale, skin was messed, dark circles under my eyes, i looked thin"but mostly muscle lost made me look thin" my belly did not go away it was reduced but remained there , the fat was conserved and muscles were burned.

so i stopped it then around 5th of september i went on a customized high protein diet low fat, low carb diet. again low calories maybe 900 calories comrpomised of mainly protein powder , egg whites , some white chicken no fat.

i improved in terms of appearance, and started doing cardio BUT STILL NO BOWEL MOVEMENT, SLOW METABOLISM, everything messed.
and i wasnt losing fat tissue still i was probably losing muscle.

so i stopped it and around 18th of september i went on atkin diet , doing it religiously, and i FELT LIKE **** THE FIRST 2 WEEKS AND A HALF, ALWAYS SLEEPY and tired, consuming under 10 grams of carbs a day, consuming 2000+ calories per day of protein+ fat, in forms of eggs+yolks + large fish+ chicken but i was SO DAMN TIRED, SLEEPY ALL DAY EVERY DAY on this god damn atkin diet losing 0lbs and it was costing me a fortune to buy meat every day and food every day.

so i said screw this, last night i cheated and abandoned atkins diet , i ate alot and all the food remained in my stomach and DID NOT MOVE, its stuck the. WHATS HAPPENING!! MY BOWEL IS DEAD, MY METABOLISM IS DEAD, NOTHING IS WORKING, EVERYTHING IS SHUT DOWN.

i read protein power book it said to heal the gut/bowel , i have to do the gut rehabilitation for 3-4 days , getting protein through protein powder liquid , glutamine through powder and multi vitamins + cod liver oil.

will that solve ALL my problems ? metabolism/bowel/intestines?

what about the enzymes of metabolism or digestion in my body are they dead? or maybe the muscles of my bowel maybe they were burned for amino acids during my starvation in summer.

i recently took lots of magnesium laxative and i took a few ****s, but still my body is full.
maybe my intestinal tract are SMALL and not enough food can get in for process? Whats wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!please help

im 21, 190lbs , 6'2. my body fat % is higher than before now, i lost alot of muscle.. sux.

I WANAN KNOW WHAT TO DO , HOW TO DO IT, AND ASAP PLEASE.

i was thinking maybe i should do the gut rehabilitation then go on a 1000 calorie diet eating 7 cans of sardines a day(since they contain all essential fats + all amino acids). and 0 carbs.

should i do that???????????????

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP I BEG U!!!!!!!!

ill skip school!!! i WONT GO TO SCHOOL UNTIL THIS IS FIXED!!!!!

ALSO YESTERDAY NIGHT MY VEINS ON MY HAND STARTING TO SHOW , MY GOD WHAT IS HAPPENING. SOME SAID TI MAY BE DEHYDRATION, BUT IM DRINKING 10 GALONS OF WATER EVERY DAY. I THOUGHT MAYBE KETONES ARE BECOME ACIDIC AND KILLING ME.

HELP ME PLEASE

SERIOUS..
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Oct-02-02, 12:16

Plan: shangri-la/lowcarb
Stats: 185/173/145 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 30%

Mikeroger,
I think it is time to find a Doctor to answer these questions self medicating yourself can be dangerous.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Oct-02-02, 12:56

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

Mike my dear....

As we have stated from the very start we do not give medical advice here. We are a support forum for low carb diets.

Perhaps you need to call your personal physician and tell him exactly what you have done over the past few months and have HIM figure out what is going on with you.

GET THEE TO A DOCTOR!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Oct-02-02, 21:14

Plan: TSP/PPLP/low-cal/My own
Stats: 250/209/150 Female 63.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%

Quote:
i recently took lots of magnesium laxative and i took a few ****s, but still my body is full.
Mike, anything coming out of your rectum is a bowel movement. Even if it's liquid. That's what happens when you have diarrhea.

You are not full, you are so empty, you're hurting yourself. You have poured so many laxatives through yourself, you can't possibly have any blockage. Please go see a doctor.

;-Deb
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Oct-02-02, 23:51
Registered Member

Plan: not sure
Stats: 230/195/170
BF:
Progress: 58%

nway i saw the doctor today, he said nothing was wrong with me

he said simply i have to eat healthy and getting metamucil and within 10 days or so my bowel will be back 100%.

he just said to eat healthy and exercise . thats all.

nothing to worry about he said
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Oct-03-02, 08:43
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/179/150
BF:Ugh!
Progress: 37%

Mike,

I think you need to go join the nearest cult...

You don't listen to truth, you're bent on being weird, and you want sane people to see your way and condone it...

Hmmm...sweetie, go out and have a great big banana split with extra hot fudge first. If that doesn't take care of your bathroom problems, I think you're goin' to meet your maker.

#7   ^
Old Fri, Oct-04-02, 11:50
Registered Member

Plan: none
Stats: 157/128/137 Female 64.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 145%

mike,

Why dont you eat smaller meals so that you dont overload your stomach all at one time?

How often do you have a bowel movement?

If you had a blockage, you would be vomiting. You dont say anything about vomiting so you dont have an intestinal blockage. If you are eating fewer than 900 calories a day, your body thinks you are starving and you will slow down your metabolism.

If you are doing much in the way of laxatives, your body becomes dependent upon them and you do not easily have a bowel movement without the use of a laxative.

Why are you eating just 10g of carbs a day. Im not on atkiins but i dont think atkins limits you to 10g a day does it?

Have you tried metamucil if you are having constipation problems? You have to be sure to drink a lot of water with it tho.

I found that when i started low carbing that it gave me diarrhea for about 4 days and stool poured out of me like water during that time.

Exercise tends to help constipation. Try walking.

Stay away from a lot of caffeine. Caffeine tends to be a diuretic. If you are indeed constipated with lack of bowel movements and hard stools, you need more fluids in your diet and more fiber.

Gina Dee
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Oct-04-02, 12:11

Plan: VLC
Stats: 248/188.8/148 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 59%
Default FIBER!!!

You need FIBER!!!!! Eat some Veggies Mike! Lettuce, Broccolli, smother them in butter or cheese if you have to, but you need to get your vegetables in! Eat 4-5 times a day if you have to... and if you are going to do LC/High Protien, make sure you are eating the fat too! LC/HP/LF isn't good for a young guy like you!!!
ALSO, Are you excercising at all? Sounds like you need to burn some calories while you are at it. And make sure you're drinking regular old water. I doubt you actually drank 10 gallons of water every day like you said. I drink about 200 oz and I am almost constantly sipping on my water bottle. You're only 21... I wouldn't eat less than 40gs of carbs a day if I were you. I'm doing about 30 a day myself, eating about 2100 cals, and I'm still losing weight. I make sure that I eat plenty of veggies though... that's where all of my carbs come from.

On a side note, 6'2" 190 sounds pretty good to me. Thats the size of the guys I dated when I was your age. No woman wants a skinny guy. Maybe you just need to tone up a bit... go lift some weights - make an appt with a personal trainer so that you know you are doing everything correctly and won't hurt yourself, and watch the buffness come through! If you do that though, make sure you increase your calories - especially protein, to make up for the cals you are burning with the work out. Go find a board with TrainerDan, he did it, and I'm sure he could help you.

Good luck!
~Kate
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Oct-04-02, 14:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 179/171/135
BF:39%/37%/30%
Progress: 18%

Quote:
SOME SAID TI MAY BE DEHYDRATION, BUT IM DRINKING 10 GALONS OF WATER EVERY DAY.

I've had the pleasure of reading your posts, both here and on the Eat Protein boards...I just wanted to point out that if you were really drinking 10 gallons of water a day (I highly doubt it), you would be in the hospital, or dead from hyponatremia.

The human body cannot handle much more than 40 oz of water per hour. **IF** you were drinking 10 gallons per day, you would have to drink 56 oz per hour *every* hour of the day.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Oct-04-02, 16:51

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Originally posted by mma3735
The human body cannot handle much more than 40 oz of water per hour. **IF** you were drinking 10 gallons per day, you would have to drink 56 oz per hour *every* hour of the day.

Not to mention that you'd pretty much be living in the bathroom.
Then again...urinary catheters are pretty much standard equipment when you're in the ICU for hyponatremia.
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Oct-04-02, 17:11

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

1 gallon of water = 8 pounds

10 gallons of water = 80 pounds

I think perhaps a camel could drink that much but a human? HIGHLY doubt it