Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1126   ^
Old Sun, Feb-17-19, 11:12

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Trig- how far are you willing to drive? Savannah would be a good place or St. Simon might also be a great place to park and get out and about. I will say though that the rain is predicated all week- but a change of venue might just be the ticket- rain or sun- just get out and go somewhere! Lake Hartwell is only maybe 3 hours from you! Just a thought. There is also Dahlonega Ga - it is a "old gold mine town. They have a winery, and a place you and the kiddo can PAN FOR GOLD! - I heard it was alot of fun. They also have camping and have a Mountain View- look it up- a suggestion. It is on my bucket list!

I feel ya my friend!!!!!! ((((((((((( HUGS))))))))))))))

PS- I just googled this to do in Dahlonega- waterfalls, gold mining, shops, and CHECK IT OUT
Sponsored Links
  #1127   ^
Old Sun, Feb-17-19, 16:14

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Jaz---I swear, you are a man magnet! Something about you girl...the guys always seem to have an eyebrow raised in interest and are ready to chat. I remember from when I was single that feeling of meeting someone and that bell just goes off. So fun and exciting, particularly when there's always several frogs in-between the bells.

But SIGH, the bell ringers don't always turn out to be princes either. Not to harsh your glow, but just watch your step. Again, big sister/mother in me. IMO extra caution is needed when Mr Ring Them Bells is a stranger. Nice when it's someone others you know, know. Still, what a fun flirt, and I hope it goes somewhere just as fun. Wait, even MORE fun.

Trig---Sorry you're feeling at such loose ends. I hate feeling like that, but it DOES go away. YES, a short trip, as soon as possible. Perfect RX for you. Thought Jaz had some fun suggestions. Look forward to seeing where you decide on.

Hog wilder bloaty bad should end soon. Not surprised it took a minute this time for you as your system is REALLY not used to that!

Nic---I SO identify with your immersion and focus when you get an itch under your hat to try something. It's so fun to just swim in the possibilities, and to educate yourself on how to make it happen. It will be so fun to hear what you decide on.

Lori---Glad to hear driving works for you. That definitely makes it better, as you can get out and about and get your mind off the injury. Also, cool that the exercises are helping a bit and it's feeling better in general.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ran some errands this AM to prepare for the sleep over, and my car died at the hardware store, and I had left my phone at home, and it's dang cold out today.
I put the key in and turned and nothing. Did it a few more times, nothing. So I sat there trying to figure out what the heck I was going to do---hubby is still gone of course. Finally tried it one more time and it started! OMG, I was so relieved. However, all the way home it was threatening to die again, idling low at every stop or slow down.

Lucky me, made it home. Hubby will be back tomorrow and will take care of it whatever it is, he's a good car guy. So that was a more stressful morning than I was expecting but so glad to be home. I hate car stuff. I don't ask much of cars, doesn't have to be fancy, or cool looking or have leather upholstery. All I ask is get me from point A to point B, thank you very much. And when they don't even do that it's such a hassle and already I can hear the Ka-ching---wrong kind of bell, LOL.

My pal will be here in about an hour so I'm off to do some last minute prep. I sure miss our old fireplace, so I'm going to light a ton of candles. Happy and cozy.
  #1128   ^
Old Mon, Feb-18-19, 06:47

BF:

Sighhhhhhhhhh........... Oh a crap night................. After spending most of my day back and forth texting Mr. PERFECT TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE......... Turns out BLUE was SO RIGHT. I won't bore you with the details. Except to say when I ask if he was married (he wasn't wearing a ring) not only IS HE MARRIED. But has left his second wife to go back and live with his first wife!

I am NEVER going to assume that just because a guy says he is available. I ask if he was available early in the conversation- he said YES. But after spending a few hours texting I finally said hey lets talk. He kept finding reasons to text and not talk. So it finally dawn on me- I wrote hey you are married aren't you? No response- so I said it again.
Well it's complicated he writes back. URGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?!?!?!
WTF is WRONG with men?????- OMG!!!!!!!- I going forward will point blank ask if MARRIED. I guess available is not straight forward enough!!!- You were right BLUE!!!!!!!!!! At least I was only one day in! But what a waste of my Sunday!!!!!-

Then I am stewing about this jerk.....When I finally fall asleep about 12:30. Take in mind that I have an alarm that goes off at 5:30. So about 1:15 when in a deep sleep my House alarm goes off - and my phone started blinking intruder garage door AND side door. I slam my bedroom door shut and lock it. I was expecting the alarm company to call which is what is supposed to happen. But they don't. So I am now calling 911- stating my alarm is STILL GOING off and I am locked in my bedroom. So cops come lights flashing. Meanwhile I now have my shotgun point at the door just waiting, pulling on clothes at the same time. Took them about two minutes before they were knocking at my front door.

Let me rewrite that - my alarm is so loud I an sure the neighborhood heard it. What do the cops do? Knock on my front door to inquire if everything is ok? NO I say- place check the perimeter of my house including the back yard. Do you know what that WUSS said back?????- IN the rain????- Excuse me...... WHAT DID YOU SAY? You don't want to check my back yard because it's raining?????? OMG........... I made that wuss of a cop check my back yard. To bad his hair got wet!!!! HAHAHAHAH- I am in a grumpy mood today.

I didn't get my sleep- It is raining and I have to get out in this mess. I dislike driving in bad weather. I am just in a really BAD mood! Lack of sleep will do that to me every time.

So I need to call my alarm company to come out and reset this alarm. It only takes once for this to happen- I am thinking of dumping this company. First it was everything that went wrong- False alarm, and they didn't call. At some point I think I get charged after 2 alarms if not "real". So I am ticked at that too.....oh and did I say MARRIED MEN?????????????????????

BLUE- I am no car expert by ANY means, but I am thinking battery? It's odd that after it turned over and started to fidget on idle???? GAS??????? I know....... just had to ask?
So your sleep over was last night? HAHAH- I thought it was Saturday! At any rate hope you had a great time!!!!- Want details. Did you make dinner, watch a girly movie or just hoop it up?

TRIG- Girl just get the kiddo outta school and hit the open road. Just safe travels as it looks like rain in GA for the next week! EVERYDAY- and HEAVY! I am so over rain!
Even in the rain- do something FUN! Not sure what it looks like up north? Keep us posted!

Lori- - Am I going to post before you this morning????HAHAHAHAH! You are my morning pal! You still get up early for a gal who doesn't have to!!!!! Did you get your walk in yesterday?
I was wondering how your sister is doing these days. Is she single too? It would be awesome to have a sister like you near by! She is lucky to have you! What is on tap for you this week?

NIC-
- I get being obsessed on a subject and losing yourself in it. For me that was writing papers. Something I am glad to not have to deal with right now. - But yup, got it! Sometimes life happens too! I also can get quite lost in You Tube and Netflix! - Sometimes it is nice to turn off the TV and and phone and just frekin CHILL!
Any hoo....... glad you are BACK! You were missed!
---------------------------------------------------------------
I do not know WHAT I ate yesterday to give me a complete wonky gut this morning. A complete colon cleanse! To the point it made my guts hurt. I am just a rumbly mess. Stress does that to me sometimes. It does! I am best then to let the "dust" settle and just put nothing in there for a long stretch.
I MIGHT eat dinner if I feel better. I was totally on plan yesterday. Just a bowl and half of homemade chicken soup and a FEW veggies. It was mostly Broth and a few leftover pieces of Rotisserie chicken. That was all I had.

Went to pottery class yesterday- I was not in the mood- and left early. You have to bond with your clay- and I was not feeling bondable! HAHAHAHAHAH.

On with our day! I WILL BE SO ON PLAN THIS WEEK. Would LOVE to LOSE a few - even a FEW pounds before Charleston! I would feel better!

Ok all back when I am in a better mood!
  #1129   ^
Old Mon, Feb-18-19, 07:59

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Yes....I was up early Jaz.....4:30AM. I heard the cat prowling around and then she jumped up on the bed, but by then, I was awake and had to visit the loo, so thought might as well get up. I can take a nap later if I feel like it. I have a dentist appt today and was going to go walk at the gym and go to the grocery store, but don't think I feel like it. I'll do the dentist and then come home. Don't know why, just not feeling well today.

Sorry about the perfect guy turning out to be just another jerk. I can't imagine ever jumping into the dating pool again. Hoping I never have to think about it.

My sister is doing well. All her bladder issues cleared up and she has no issues. So glad, as she was miserable when she was having the leaking issues...as you can imagine. Jaz....you asked if she is single. Yes, her husband died in 2012 and she has NO interest in finding a man. She is 76 years old and very happy to be independent. Most of the eligible men her age are just looking for someone to take care of them in their dotage. She says no thanks!

Sorry about your alarm problem in the night. Imagine the cop not wanting to walk around your house in the rain! WTH?? I'm assuming they found no evidence of an intruder in the garage? And then the alarm company doesn't even call? You poor thing....it is one freakin' thing after another for you!

Blue.....I'm sure you woke up feeling great this morning after an evening with your BF and knowing your hubby comes home today. I hope your car issues are an easy fix. You know what they say "If it has tires or testicles, it's going to give you trouble!"

Trig....hope your week starts out well. We had a little snow and now I guess it's freezing rain. OH joy. You and I will be over the moon when Spring finally gets here.

I'm a grouchy guts this morning. Was snippy with DH and was glad when he left for work so he wouldn't have to listen to my b!tching any longer. Just one of those mornings. My shoulder is a little achy too....maybe that's part of it.

Nic.....busy week ahead? Will your college boy be coming home for Spring break? Hope things are going well with all your family.

I was looking at the average temperatures for Charleston in March and it looks like it will most likely be in the 60's for highs. Should be very pleasant. I think I'll check a piece of luggage so I can bring a nice assortment of "stuff". I usually try to stuff a carry on and not check a bag, but with this shoulder, I won't be able to stow a carry on in the overhead without help. I just have to hope that my checked bag doesn't get lost. Our son and DIL's luggage got lost on their way home from Key West. They came home Friday night and their luggage didn't get delivered to them until the following Wednesday! Better to lose it on the way home than on the way there, but still!

Well, I'm going sit here and be grumpy until dentist time. I doubt that appt will improve my mood, even though it's just a cleaning. When you're not feeling great, having someone digging around your mouth is the last thing you want!

Hope your week starts off well!
  #1130   ^
Old Mon, Feb-18-19, 16:31

BF:

I am HAPPY - my appt. 2 hours away cancelled. I called 2 other people to fill the slot and no takes.......... YEAH! Shows I looked and no takers-

So Got into a huge fight with my alarm company- asked to cancel and got transferred a really nice lady who told me someone COULD come out TODAY (first call- so sorry a week or longer) I wanted to cancel on the spot .

So it turns out all my batteries for the connection and and the wires were decaying! So they DID come out this afternoon and replace and take care of it or I was DONE! So they fixed it..........

Not great on WOE- felt icky all day
  #1131   ^
Old Mon, Feb-18-19, 18:48

BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Jaz---Bummer on the cutie who turned into a horse's patootie. In the way back I dated enough to develop a spidey sense. That guy imo, was too practiced, to quick to it, like he'd hit on a lot of women. I learned to like the ones who were a bit shy and nervous at first, like my hubby was (who btw, is not shy at all, but had the grace and humility to be a bit nervous, as was I.) No firm rules of course, anything can happen for the good. In fact, my hubby was a total stranger I met at a bar w/some gal pals. And obviously it turned out really good.

Just didn't happen this time for you but glad you didn't waste much time on it. LOL, leaving the second wife to go back to the first wife, and already trying to cheat on her! These are the kind of guys who NO woman will ever satisfy because they're not looking for love, they're looking for ego gratification.

Oye vay, and then the alarm situation with the cop afraid of the rain! Honestly, you can't make this stuff up. This is what I would call (after a childhood book I used to read my son) a horrible, terrible, no good day.

Nice on the client cancelation. Score one for this position. You'll get paid for staying home and cozy, and I'm sure it won't be the last time this happens.

Lori---So nice to hear about your sissy doing so well, as I know this was a long time discomfort for her, and even post surgery was really tough. But I'm glad to know that like others I know, the surgery was very successful.

And isn't it just great some days to just admit and know you're darn grouchy and in the immortal words of the Beatles, just "Let It Be. As my dad would say and was always right about "this too shall pass."

Nic---meant to comment on the CASA situation. So sad for that little girl to lose her dad. So sad for him to lose all opportunity to live and evolve to better things. I do have to say given the situation, it gives me good shivers to know how much you have helped that little girl. Bravo.

Trig---

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We had so much fun on our sleepover! I got some good and naughty appetizers from Trader Joe's, WHICH I am happy to say I hardly touched. Then we ordered a pizza, which I knew we would, as we have one of the best mom and pop pizza places evah about a block from us, and my pal loves it. So I knew it wouldn't be an on plan night. Still, I only had 3 pieces, although they aren't small pieces, but it's the only thing besides one cup of soup I had all day, as I planned for it.

Then we watched "Mama Mia, Here we go again," the sequel. It was what I call a dumb/happy movie and without the charm of the original, but easy on the eyes and just fine for where we were both at.

And of course before that, lots of good chat. LOL, we got in our jammies when she got here. We were so cozy, and like any decent sleepover, we stayed up too late, so I've been moving kind of slow today.

Hubby came home this morning, oh happy day. He immediately got to work on getting my car going. Long story, but we got it into our much trusted mechanic and will hear tomorrow. Weird thing is, it wouldn't start again this morning, so we were prepared to have it towed. And then after sitting there for a few minutes after no response, all of a sudden everything lit up. Dash board lights went on, radio came on, car turned on. So we got it to the mechanic w/out having to have it towed. We'll hear tomorrow morning what the heck is going on. Hubs thinks it's a loose battery cable. Really hope it's that simple, and cheap.

Have pretty much fasted all day, having a T-bone and a romain salad w/semi soft boiled eggs (I hope, trying to learn the art of boiling an egg so it's not runny, but still soft on the inside, so delish.)

I am counting the days to Charleston. Can. Not. Wait.
  #1132   ^
Old Tue, Feb-19-19, 05:49

BF:

Good Morning!

Happy to report that I'm feeling much "nicer" this morning. My grumpy mood did pass by Noon yesterday. I went to the dentist and then took myself out to lunch. That bit of time alone did me the world of good.

Jaz.....glad you didn't have to make that long drive. What does the rest of the week look like for you?

Score on getting the alarm situation sorted out. Sometimes it pays to get angry!

Trig & Nic.....missed hearing from you yesterday. Hope all is well with you both.

Blue....your evening with your friend sounds perfect. Glad DH got home ok and you got your car to the garage. Hope it's a simple fix.

I, too, am anxious for Charleston. I lay in bed every night thinking about what I'll pack! I found some great sales online and ordered a couple new pieces. I'm hoping I can wear a pullover sweater/shirt by then. Right now I have to have a zip up or button up top....over the head doesn't work when you can't lift your arm higher than your waist! What a pain....literally! I go back to the Dr. next Tuesday. I'm going to inquire about physical therapy. I want to get my mobility back pronto!

Today I'm going to go to the gym and see the Yoga teacher after her class. I want her to know why I'm not coming right now. I'll also walk around the indoor track for a bit if there is no one playing basketball or anything. Tomorrow we are supposed to get 4 or 5 inches of snow, then sleet, then rain. After that mess, we're supposed to get up to 50 degrees on Thursday afternoon! If the sidewalks are clear Thursday afternoon, I want to get outside for a walk. I'm hoping to be able to do some running starting March 1st.

Enough of my rambling. Make it a good day!
  #1133   ^
Old Tue, Feb-19-19, 07:09

BF:

Good Morning! It's Wed. Half way through a work week! You ladies are so lucky to not HAVE to do a 9-5 grind! I am not going to talk about work again.

BLUE-
So glad you had a great time with your gal pal!!!! Sorry to hear about car troubles! I hope it is something quick, cheap and simple! What year is your car? You drive a smaller SUV don't you? Car troubles make me crazy!
Glad you are happy the hubby home! I liked your story about how you met! - Ya I know you were the dating queen at one time! You are right, if it's too perfect chances are- not real!
I was wondering about that movie you watched. It looked bit sappy. Glad you gave the review!

LORI-
- Glad to hear the good news about your sister all healed up. She sounds like a sweetie pie! I hear her loud and clear not to want to take care of old codgers!!!!! HAHAHAHA- there comes that point!
How did your dentist appt go? Hope you are in a better mood! Rain and snow up your way? We are getting SOCKED IN HERE!!!!!!!- Flooding and more and more and MORE RAIN. Heavy and predicated all the way through next Monday. Sorry the arm is achy! I know you are in a fit- being as active as you are! It isn't FOREVER!!!! - I know that is easy from me to say! Is the hubby helping with chores?

NIC-
- Hey hope you are well!!!!!!- sorta worried about you! I hope it is unwarranted and you are just busy! Nothing wrong with busy. Plus we all have seasons too!

TRIG- - Hopeful you are packing up the RV. It seems though the weather in all directions is relentless! The only spots that look good are Southern California and Miami! Everyone else is getting it! - But still there are places to still have fun! But it is inside. I am getting so sick of the rain too!
Are you physically feeling better? How did broth day go? Chin up! Can't wait to see you in a few short weeks!
---------------------------------------------------------
Blue- You are right- I just can't make this stuff up (cop not wanting to secure my back yard due to rain!)- I don't even need to leave my house for the DRAMA to follow! SLEEPING in my bed no less!!!!!
Yesterday I was in a funk over all of it. Spent the morning in a fight with the alarm company to have someone to come out, or I was going to cancel services on the spot.
Then still salty over the married dude and me being so naive!!!!!
The rain is getting to me as well. STILL have not made it to the grocery. That is a huge mistake. So I grab crap that is not so great.
I have to go into the office today for a 1/2 meeting. Then I WILL stop at the grocery.
Thinking about a roast in the slow cooker for tomorrow and a whole roasting chicken. I will pick up the fixing for Cobb salad as well minus the blue cheese. My gut is a mess right now anyway. Not giving it extra duty.

I have been thinking that it has been a rough past few months for all of us! For one reason or another the luster of the WOE- is just not as shiny and attractive. Being honest, For ME- I have struggled for the most part over a year. It seems that when I had my surgery the weight loss stopped.

For ME If I stay on Plan- I maintain. If I so much as stray for a second I gain. I am very frustrated. I will have to say. I know that if I say F'it- the other 40 pounds will hit my hips faster than anything. So I know I can't walk away. But to just struggle for a maintain 50 pounds higher than I need to be is unacceptable to me. Just not a good ROI!!!!!!!

Need to rethink this. -

I need some sunshine! I think I will put on my favorite summer song by Cheryl Crow- Soak up the sun!!!!!!!!!! Yup- always helps!
Back later when I get back and tucked into my dollhouse.

Have a great day
  #1134   ^
Old Tue, Feb-19-19, 07:58

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

hey guys, reading along and having a blast reading what I am reading from ya'll

I am still getting my head on straight.
Brain is all over the place.

Jaz, broth day? Are ya kidding here LOL I am still kinda off plan, struggling like a maniac.

Advice I give others all the time on how to get back on plan is 'the food ya love on plan' so I think I have to hit the store, bacon, crab legs, shrimp, ribeye steaks, crockpot chuck roasts with gravy and make some of my meatloaf I love and have stopped making for why I don't know LOL

I will shop today and buy the world to suit me. I will eat like a darn zero carb dog and get the junk out of my system and get the mind back in gear.

I am like you. I lost like 16 lbs fast and I put back on like 12 of those in a NANO FLASH. No joke. It is insanity for me right now but those 12 I know I can get off fast again IF I DO what must be done.

omg
that is all I can say is OMG this is getting so f'ing old.

How in the heck does one change for life? I don't have a friggin' clue on how to make it work long term? What brain cell am I missing that other's have? I just don't know at this point at all.

take care all, have a fun day, I will do my own crazy here today HAHA
  #1135   ^
Old Tue, Feb-19-19, 08:58

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey everyone,

Writing a quick entry here and then will double back later on today. I've been down the rabbit hole still.

Lori we too are expecting bad weather tomorrow and I am about 90 percent certain that DS17 will not have school tomorrow and then maybe a delay on Thursday. I tell you, for the amount of snow we have gotten this year (not much) he sure has missed a lot of school. I'm not sure he has had a full week yet since New Years.

I'm on the struggle bus too with the WOE. As has been the case for now two years, I go 2 weeks, occasionally 3, and then lose the ability to stay on track. I am really thinking I need to consider a different approach for a while. Thinking on it but just a heads up that I may or may not be doing LC when I meet up with you guys.

Glad everyone is so excited! I will be as well although at the moment my mind is not there yet- I have the Phoenix trip coming up soon, I think next week? I have two goals for that trip- to climb Camelbak mountain, or at least as much of it as I can, and to see Taliesin West. I may also meet up with Julie from the other board. Other than that I will hang out with DH when he can and do a little exploring. I was thinking of renting a car but the hotel parking fees and such make it sort of silly- I'll just call an Uber.

Kid got back his phone and car keys. Fingers crossed that he keeps his head about him and keeps his ~*# together.

Spoke on the phone with DS20 for a while last night. He is seriously burning the candle at both ends and he sounds tired. His classes, his internship, his LSAT online class that is from 9pm to midnight.. I don't know how he is doing it. And he doesn't have to be, but he feels strongly that this the best approach for him to take given his study abroad in the Fall, and I guess he knows best!

Saw my nephew in Richard the Third at the Shakespeare Theatre Company in Washington DC on Sunday. He did GREAT!! He is 16 and a half so obviously this is a really big deal. Talk about burning the candle at both ends though- he is in this production in DC until March 10th and also attending school full time as a sophomore. I don't know how he is doing it either- or his parents for that matter!

Took DS17 to look at a college yesterday afternoon. I knew it would likely be too small for him but felt like he should decide that himself. We did the info session, then I asked him if he felt he would want to apply, he said no, too small, so we ditched the tour.. it was chilly and cloudy. No sense in wasting our time. As I told him, the decision is his, my job is to show him options so he can learn what he does and doesn't like.

OK, I gotta head out to MoW but will pick up personals this afternoon. Hugs to you all!
  #1136   ^
Old Tue, Feb-19-19, 13:38

BF:

Trig-

Jaz- I didn't know you are a lefty. Two of my three are lefties as well.

So fun reading about your grandkids and how they are doing. I could imagine little Noah leaning forward and saying "Pardon?" How cute is that!!

I don't guess we'd be able to meet Ava while we are in Charleston, right? That would be weird for your DD, huh?

So when someone cancels and you can't fit someone else in, you still get paid and that doesn't reflect badly on you, correct? I would imagine that is how it is. At some point will you have multiple people you see in a day? Can you group them together so you have to drive out less?

Glad the alarm issue got all worked out. Funny now about the police officer but I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time!

Blue- Hope your DH is right and it's a minor repair on the ole trickster. That being said, she has been good to you for a mighty long time, right?

Glad you had a great time with your bud. LOVE that you guys were in Jammies from the start. I would be all over hanging out with my friends that way!

I haven't seen that Mamma Mia sequel yet. It looks like it would be exactly as you describe- a great chick flick!

Lori- that is great that your sister's bladder problems cleared up. I was thinking and hoping that would be the case. Just needed time to strengthen etc, I imagine.

I'm not planning on grabbing anything special for Charleston, just so you all know. I'm a tees and shorts, or jeans and whatever kind of gal. I'll bring black pants and a decent top or two that I will put on under duress.

Trig- So you are planning a trip, or just talking about it? Obvs Charleston is coming up in a bit. Are you planning something else in the meantime? Spring is indeed coming and it won't be too far off. I noticed a weed coming up in front of our house today when I was unloading the groceries from the car. So, it's coming..!

Okay, I'm all caught up!
  #1137   ^
Old Tue, Feb-19-19, 15:34

BF:

Jaz.....you had me scratching my head when you said it was Wednesday?? I hope your meeting at the office was today and that you didn't make the trip for a Wednesday meeting on a Tuesday! If so, they can't accuse you of being late!

Nic....great catch up posts! I'm not bringing anything fancy to Charleston either. Like you, I will have a pair of black pants and a top and jacket for my "dressy" outfit. I found some great sales online at Loft and Nordstrom and couldn't resist. They are casual pieces...70% off!!

Your trip to Phoenix will be exciting! Can't wait to hear what all you get into.

Trig....hope you're feeling a bit better today. I can so relate to how your mind just gets in the way of losing weight. Why is it so hard? I have asked myself that question many, many times.

Do you think your extended fast the other week might have set you off? Seems to me you did 4 or 5 days? Just thinking......who knows what makes us do what we do? Hang in there girl. We are all in the same boat!

Blue......did you get the car fixed? Fingers crossed that it was an easy fix.

I went to the gym this morning and went into the Yoga room just as class ended. I wanted to let the teacher know what was going on with me. Then I walked for 30 minutes around the indoor track. A stop at the grocery store, CVS and the liquor store....because.....wine.

DH's elderly cousin fell today. We got the call about Noon. We went up and I used my 1 good arm to help get her on her feet and then back into bed. She said she's ok....just sore around her ribs. I wouldn't be surprised to have her call again tonight saying she's down again. She just doesn't look good. She'll be 90 in a few weeks and her decline is so evident. DH spent the afternoon with her as he does nearly every day. It's a one day at a time thing now. She is so resistant to us getting a home care nurse or anything, but we are just going to have to if she is to stay in her home. Anyway.......

DH has a meeting tonight for a couple hours, so I'll be left on my own. I'll be having some of my wine....yum....I mix it with seltzer to make it a little more diet friendly.

Have a good evening!
  #1138   ^
Old Tue, Feb-19-19, 19:45

BF:

I am so off track these days! I thought it was WEd. Then I thought my meeting was at 10- but I wrote it down for 9- when it really was 11:00- Dear god I am losing it! I also had a melt down in my meeting. I was so unprepared for questions about my status.

So When someone ask me what my position was I did the NOAH thing- Pardon?????.....can't say right now.....Then the JACKASS (a man) rephrased the question...... WHAT ARE YOU DOING.....? What the hello does he care? He is not on my team? I rolled my eyes...... and acted like I didn't hear it. Then someone speaks out - SHE IS JUST A FIELD NURSE NOW- I busted out in tears and ran from the room, and didn't come back.

And that is all I have to say right now- no I am not over it, I hate my job, I hate driving , I am boxed into a fuckin corner and I am depressed.
I ate Mexican tonight and and am on my 3nd glass of wine and I don't give a rats ass!

Sorry-

Hope you all have a glorious evening! - back when I am in a much better mood.
  #1139   ^
Old Tue, Feb-19-19, 20:19

BF:

Jaz- hugs hugs HUGS. A MILLION HUGS.
If I were there with you I totally would have eaten Mexican, had wine and gotten shitfaced with you. Probably would have cried with you too.
xoxox
  #1140   ^
Old Tue, Feb-19-19, 20:38

BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Trigger---I completely concur w/your solution to your recent woe struggle. Make sure your cupboards are full of every low carb thing you love. Stock it up, girl, and eat as much as you have to eat LC to get centered again. I think this is your path to caring less about food and still being satisfied enough.

Thing is Trig, you of all of us I think are most happy for the longest periods of time in the super LC zone. I have watched your evolution to this, and seen that it is very good for you. And I just want to remind you that you have done a BOFFO job of staying in the zone longer than any of the rest of us.

You are entitled to a bump in the road, and it's going to happen now and then. But it doesn't happen often for you. So imo, forget the fasting and super low calorie thing for a minute, and just get back to priority low carb.

Although I've never been as stringent as you w/carbs, I kind of identify in that I have realized I can't jump back on the wagon where I was. Have to step back from that a bit and work my way to it with patience and time. Which means different things for me than for you, but I think the principle is the same.

Nic---Totally missed you're going to Phoenix before Charleston. You sure have been a traveling gal lately. Hubs just got back from Phoenix visiting pals of ours there w/his bro. He enjoyed it, but as of last week, it was very cool and rainy, so be prepared for anything.

Happy to hear your son has worked his way back to his privileges. I totally agree w/your parenting here. They screw up, they pay consequences. But you don't make those consequences so long and deep that they have no incentive to get back to good behavior and fast.

As for what we all eat in Charleston, imo to paraphrase, what we do in Charleston, stays in Charleston. IMO, our number one priority is to have fun and enjoy a rare chance to get to enjoy each other in real time. One can enjoy some treats on a vacation w/out pulling a hog wilder. And yet if one does pull a hog wilder here or there, then well like I said, it's a vacation not a low carb conference, LOL.

Lori---Yeah, I've bought a few things on line for the trip at super good sale prices. Honestly, I threw so darn much out when we moved I really do need a few spring basics, which is what I got. And not just for this trip, but for the warm season ahead.

Oh, I SO hope your arm is much more healed up by then so you can wear what you want and move relatively freely. But like I've said, if not, we are so going to be there to help you and have fun doing it.

Jaz---"If I stay on plan, I maintain." SIGH, I know that doesn't seem like much of a reward when we want to lose. But I'm glad you have always realized how good maintenance can look when you haven't been doing it. IOW, yes, it can get worse.

I do think we're all in a bit of a woe funk right now, will talk about that below. Meantime, our Charleston fun is soon come, and we will have a chance to chat it all out in real time and real company. I SO look forward to that. As Carly Simon sings---"anticipay-ay-ay-ay-tion."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, I think this is the first time I've seen ALL of us in a woe funk at once. Every one of us, in one way or the other. Oh gals, we sure have been on the long and winding road together for so long. We've shared so much, and not just about our woes, but about our families, and the holidays, and the weather, and our vacations, and our dreams and hopes.

So maybe it's an OK thing that we're all a bit wobbly on our woes as we prepare to finally all meet up. I just gotta feeling, something is meant to be here. And while I'm not promising to eat LC every minute of our trip, I sure look forward to some good discussions about it that we never really have time to do on line the way we will have in Charleston. Which is not to say we're going to just be talking about our woes, but yeah, it's going to come up, heh, and I'm looking forward to a round table discussion!

All I know is that you guys have been between me and total "what the hecky", for a VERY long time. And even in the year past when we got heavy into our brutal move, and I just couldn't add the woe to the stress, I hung in here because I've always known I really wanted to come "back home" again, to a LC woe that works for me.

Now, I am finding that I can not go in search of what was, but rather day by day what works now. So, currently I'm back to my beginnings---50 carbs a day.
Some days I do less, some days I do a bit more, and some days turn into treat days I didn't mean them to be.

But I am feeling a whole lot less bloaty, and my clothes are saying "well, at least we're not inclined to squeeze you to death."

I think we're all at the point where we need each other the most. Not to tell each other what to do about it, but to be there in support of our best ideas for ourselves and our woes.

Because thing is, I know none of us really want to give up. None of us want to just let the weight pile on again. So it will be interesting for us to chat about it in real time w/more time. I know I have many thoughts building up I'm eager to chat about.

OK, off to bed and my book, but hey yay, on plan today.
Closed Thread