Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > General Health
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-19-20, 10:24

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%
Default Healing? Let's talk about collagen.

A lot of Paleo people are big on bone broth, but I don't the time and my kitchen would make Barbie feel at home. So I use collagen instead.

I like a combo of Great Lakes Gelatin's Collagen Hydrolysate with a flavored "beauty drink" which uses erythitrol. I like Neocell, Beauty Infusion, Refreshing Collagen Drink Mix.

The straight mix is too sweet, and it is an artificial flavor which I'm not used to. Mixing equal amounts (it dissolves well, especially if you use one of those shaker bottles) bring the flavor more into what I like, and I get less of what I don't want.

I used to put the Great Lakes into my hot tea, but then I kept forgetting. This way I tote a container to work and make it a fun part of my day.

Gelatin/bone broth/collagen is great for arthritis, and with its complete amino acid profile, it's what the body needs to heal from inflammation.

I'm not a soda drinker, and I avoid artificial sweeteners. But I get along with erythitrol, and these seem to work well.

However you want to do it, Just Do It. You might be surprised at how well it works.
Sponsored Links