Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Dec-16-01, 15:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 293/280/150
BF:
Progress:
Smile Newbie w/ ~130 to lose

Hello there

I just introduced myself in the introduction folder but wanted to find another folder to call my "home." I seem to fit into this one since I have about 130 pounds to lose.

This is my 3rd start on Atkins (starting tomorrow actually). I KNOW this is the WOE for me. In the other 2 week-long attempts I dropped about 5 lbs each (gained it all back with holiday munching) and my usual slight depression and anxiety was almost perfectly gone. That in itself was wonderful!

My name's Melanie and I'm a 27 yr old divorced Mommy of 2 little boys. Time to take control of my life. I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys here!

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Dec-16-01, 15:37

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

Welcome, Melanie. I think you've found a home.

This is a great place to come for information and support -- and to eavesdrop on other people's lives, and take some of their ideas and work it into one's own.

I've been here about six weeks, and I found it very helpful to read through some of the journals -- it's boosting to read other people's successes! -- and I hope you'll start one of your own.

Good luck! Hope to read you often
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Dec-16-01, 15:56
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins / PP
Stats: 255/245/200
BF:
Progress: 18%

Hi, im new here too. I have about 100 lbs to lose but im setting short term goals. Congrats for starting again. At least you know the right way to do it.

Carrie-Ann
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Dec-16-01, 17:36
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 300/292/160
BF:
Progress: 6%

It seems that this would also be the place for me- I started on Atkins just yesterday and I am sure I will be haunting these pages for months to come! I have 112 pounds to lose as my ultimate goal.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Dec-17-01, 08:38

Plan: Careful Low Carb Plan
Stats: 335/295/180 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 26%
Talking Welcome!

Hello Melanie, Alto, CarrieAnn and Calixtra!!!
It's good to see you all here. I have about as much to lose, but have already lost over 50 pounds. Now I have another 122 pounds to go...Whew! I try not to think of the amount I have to lose, but the amount of weight I've already lost. And then give myself small goals. Like 10 pounds at a time. I would like to be close to 275 by New Years... Hopefully. As time goes by we'll have more weight behind us than before us. I've been low carbing for only 5 months--it takes time. So be patient with yourselves. It's the only way I know how to really make it happen. I wasn't able to "diet" before. But with this WOL I have been in control and successful. It stops the uncontrollable cravings, and has given me hope. Keep keeping on, it'll work! Victoria
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Dec-17-01, 13:39

Plan: Predominantly Atkins
Stats: 320/260/145
BF:
Progress: 34%

Welcome, newbies! I've been here about six weeks as well, and this forum is invaluable for support and ideas. Hope you stick around so we can all cheer one another on!

Sh'ra
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Dec-17-01, 20:50
Registered Member

BF:

Yes sometimes 112 lbs seems formidable- but my ultimate goal is to be at my goal weight around May of 2003- the same time I get my bachelor's degree- that is a year and a half and it feels reasonable- but anytime sooner is perfectly acceptable
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Dec-17-01, 21:15

Plan: The Atkins Diet, CAD and CALP
Stats: 260/242.1/235
BF:
Progress: 72%
Smile Welcome!

Hi. Welcome to the group. You'll love this group, everyone is great and very helpful. I'm sure you will all do very well. Hope to hear more from you soon. God bless.

#9   ^
Old Tue, Dec-18-01, 11:37

Plan: Predominantly Atkins
Stats: 320/260/145
BF:
Progress: 34%

Calixtra,
It does sound reasonable. And yes, every time I think of the total I have to lose, it seems formidable. Check out the countdown threads (now moved to a forum of their own) and pick a smaller goal at first, like the countdown to 250. Makes it easier to breat it into smaller goals. Then, as you achieve each goal, you can go on to the next smaller one. It's exciting!

Sh'ra
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Dec-18-01, 13:07
Registered Member

BF:

Checked the scales this morning- couldnt resist and I am down 7lbs- I dont think my brain is really ready to accept it!!

Battling a little today because I am finally not hungry- The chef salad I had for lunch took a lot of concentration to get down.
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-02, 16:41
Registered Member

Plan: PPP, Atkins
Stats: 285/274/165
BF:
Progress: 9%
Talking

Hello Melanie. My name is Sharon and I'm another newbie with 110 lbs to lose. Amazing how the weight just creeps up and up. My best wishes to you!!!!
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-02, 17:19

BF:

Sharon,
I just wanted to welcome you here. I am at a similiar weight as you. I know you will enjoy the forum. It's a good place to learn from each other and get info and recipes. Hope to see you around often... Victoria
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-02, 17:31
Registered Member

Plan: PPP, Atkins
Stats: 285/274/165
BF:
Progress: 9%

Hi Victoria,
javascript:smilie('')
Thanks for the reply. I'm a posting newbie too!. My first forum ever.
You live in nice and warm California. I'm a wee bit jealous out here in MA.. Got my flannel jammies on!!

I wondered if anyone out there is working out as well as lo-carbing. I joined a gym 2 weeks ago and forgot how much I liked working out (not the effort part, believe me, just the good feeling you get afterwards). The only problem I'm having is that I'm starving hungry a lot now. Is this a side effect of a newbie low carb me, or is it that plus working out?? I've been hungry before, but this is the abdomen twisting, headache laden hunger pangs that I'm talking about. It even happens about an hour after eating at times. I'm not giving up though, I just hope it subsides, and soon!!!!

Replies and advice most wanted!!!

Sharon
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-02, 17:40

BF:

Sharon,
It's hard to say without knowing what you're eating. You might consider starting a journal here, where you can post your menus for the day and even put in how much water you're drinking and exercise. Then we could come and visit you and see what's up. Usually exercise does make you hungry. But this low carbing usually makes you feel satisfied. Stop by my journal in the T thru Z section and we can talk...so to speak. Good to see you here. Victoria