Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Fri, Dec-13-02, 00:43
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%

Hey Spider,
I just read through your journal. I can't believe you were eating so few carbs and not losing like crazy back then. You sure were patient too. I was wondering what happened next? Your last post said you started CAD and you could lose weight and then you disappeared.

I'm having very big doubts about CALP but I can't follow atkins right now, there are too many things causing cravings at work. I'm kind of restarting CALP tomorrow and going back to protein and veges at CM and not letting myself get hungry while I'm at work even if I have to eat 3CMs there.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Fri, Dec-13-02, 06:58

Plan: No more
Stats: 168/177/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: -39%

Good day for me yesterday.... scales trying to move downward again!

stuck with plan really well.. Today we have catered lunch so I have to be careful... Then after work is our Christmas party. I can't stay long since we have to get home and take our son to a basketball game, so I shouldn't have any problem with my RM and the time limit.

Hope everyone has a great day!
  #33   ^
Old Fri, Dec-13-02, 12:11

Plan: CALP
Stats: 149/142.5/100 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress: 13%

Nawchem,

I forgot about the journal, thanks for asking. I just updated it. Short version - we moved August 26 from Phoenix, OR - near Medford (milepost 24 on I-5) to Winton, CA (near Merced).

Tokenyanke, the scales finally moved - good going.

Lowco, sometimes chocolate is medicinal.
  #34   ^
Old Fri, Dec-13-02, 12:31

Plan: low salt
Stats: 207/236/160 Female 5'10"
BF:44.1%/33.86%/?
Progress: -62%
Thumbs up Hello

I am having a good day......CALP-wise. Work is another story all together. I have decided to cut back the size of my meals.

I reduced my portions when I used to be on Atkins. I made sure never to clean my plate, but lately, I have been wiping the plate clean most of the time. No more!

Anyone else come up with their own little way to tweak their plan?

How are all of the CAD/CALPers this Friday the thirteeth?

Julie
  #35   ^
Old Fri, Dec-13-02, 15:17

BF:

The workday is almost over for me... Then the party starts! I didn't do as good as I should've at lunch.. ate some broccoli and cauliflower and I know broccoli especially is a bit high in carbs so I know I went over the 4 carb limit, which bums me out a bit, but at least I kept away from the dangerous carbs! lol...

I'll just be glad when today is over. It's been crazy at work with all our outside salesmen in and phones going at a frantic pace! I'm worn out.
  #36   ^
Old Sat, Dec-14-02, 13:03

BF:

Hey all!

I hope everyone is having a good day. It's kind of quiet on this post!

My party went great last night... And the scales were down 1/2 lb today, so I won't complain.

My day today is going very good... good workout, good eating and the sun is shining! lol...

What's going on with everyone else out there? Let's hear it!
  #37   ^
Old Sat, Dec-14-02, 13:18

Plan: CAD
Stats: 244/226.5/140
BF:
Progress: 17%

Whew!!! Glad yesterday is over!

Well, yesterday was my bday, and I completely went off CAD. I just felt like I didn't want to think twice about what I was eating, so I didn't.

I overdid it, BUT I went on the scale this morning, and no gain!! Woohoo!

Too bad we're having such HORRIBLE weather here in No. Cali. I couldn't do ANYTHING for my Bday! I think we got like 5-6" of rain in one day! It was raining buckets. Now the wind is like 40-60mph, so tomorrow I will have to go fix the fence that has blown completely over!

It seems like EVERY single Fri. 13th birthday that I have are bad days.... I'm not superstitious, but dang!

Anywho, just want to pop in!!

Oh, and is it just me, or is anyone else so NOT worried about Xmas?? Hehehe.... I love RMs!
  #38   ^
Old Sat, Dec-14-02, 15:03

Plan: CALP
Stats: 149/142.5/100 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress: 13%

I'll second it on the wind, but we needed the rain. The dog is having trouble jumping against the patio door it's blowing her off kilter in mid air. She's more smacking than thumping.

Happy Birthday luv67fire!
  #39   ^
Old Sat, Dec-14-02, 19:08

BF:

Happy Belated Bday, Cassie! Sorry you couldn't get out and do anything, though. We had lots of rain here, too, and it was only around 42 degrees... brrrrrrr.... We need the rain, though, and it's way better than last week's ice storm!

I am definitely not worried about Christmas! I am so excited! And my mother-in-law made her special coconut/white chocolate candy today, too, to have for Christmas and I CAN HAVE SOME! YESSSSSSSSSS!!! I love RM's and I love Christmas and it's going to be such an awesome one being able to eat and enjoy it!

I really do notice, though, that knowing that I CAN have the sweet carbs makes me not want them as badly now... I know they are there if I want them, but they aren't tormenting me like they were on Atkins. I'll never ever knock Atkins, cause it's a wonderful plan, too, but I sure do love CAD/CALP!

#40   ^
Old Sat, Dec-14-02, 21:15
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%

happy birthday Cassie!

Isn't it amazing to eat whatever and not gain. Before CAD I could gain 3-5 pounds by only slightly overeating. Hurray for losing a half pound Token.

It sounds like we're all in such good spirits here. I'm not nervous about Christmas either. I'm making myself a Christmas stocking and filling it with some of my favorite treats.

For RM I had a small box of Godiva chocolates, it was so good.

I bought the CAD book today and I'm finally understanding whats going on. I've always felt a little lost with just CALP. Since my weight loss has been about a half pound a week I decided to try plan D for the rest of my week and see what happens.

I read all of Sheilarays journal the last 2 days. It is so inspiring. I decided to eat what she ate to lose weight. Lets see ribs, chocolate turtles, pizza, ice cream. I think I can do it.

Nancy